Author Topic: Swing Life Away with Vocals and without vocals  (Read 718 times)

Offline Rolandson

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 39
Swing Life Away with Vocals and without vocals
« on: May 03, 2018, 09:55:12 am »
Swing Life Away V2 With Vocals
https://soundcloud.com/user-601635174/swing-life-away-v2-with-vocals

Swing Life Away V2
https://soundcloud.com/user-601635174/swing-life-away-v2

The microphone was pretty close to my mouth I guess?
I am happy with the playing on both parts.
What does everybody think?

Offline pkboo3

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 54
Re: Swing Life Away with Vocals and without vocals
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 12:26:42 pm »
Rolandson I certainly hear improvement.  Your playing sounded good to me. I saw where you have completed the beginner’s course. Good work! 

Sent from my iPhone using JustinGuitar.com Forum

Offline Rolandson

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 39
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 05:43:52 am »
Thank you pkboo3. I guess I could do this song in my can play folder. I am going to play this song still every 2 weeks  or so

Sent from my [device_name] using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 237
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 05:50:25 am »
I like the sound of this one, Rolandson, the percussive rhythm of it.  Listened to v1 and v2 and pretty consistent over the two.  I agree that this is one for the "can play" folder.

Offline Rolandson

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 39
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 07:55:48 am »
Thank you DavidP. So it does work to practice a song 30 minutes a day. The next song is lean on me.

I apologise for my lack of postings on your songs and others. I feel that I am not in the position of doing that.

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 237
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 09:01:39 am »
For sure, Rolandson, practice will always pay off.  trick is to be practicing the right things the right way ... practicing mistakes will have the same effect ie making you better at making the mistake ... hope that makes sense.

As for commenting on my (and others) songs ...

I think anybody who is actively working at learning to play the guitar, whether following Justin's courses or just learning songs from YouTube lessons, is in a position to offer feedback based on their opinion.

This begins with simply what sounds good to you or what doesn't sound good to you.  And this is based on your taste and listening, so is not a judgement as to what is good or bad technically ... just what sounds good or not.  And as folk here like to say, if it sounds good then it is good ...

Then if you can practice unpacking and explaining what makes it sound good for you (or not good) then that is more helpful.  Still nothing technical here, just your own thoughts.  But it gives me more information that I can use to improve my own playing.

Lastly, if you can apply the level of technical knowledge you have, to provide more detailed technical feedback, that is even more useful.  And if you have done the Beginners Course, then you have some foundational technical knowledge to think about when listening ... chord changes, strumming, timing.  And again, just your point of view.

So Rolandson, I say, you are in position to share feedback right now.  It is true that perhaps one might be shy to share their thoughts, for fear of somehow being judged by what you say, or maybe fear of upsetting the poster.  But my experience has been that people here are tolerant, patient, supportive and if your intention is positive it will come through.  And you may find it is rewarding in its own right to be encouraging other people and you may find you learn by listening closely so as to offer a comment.

Online oldhead49

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 129
Swing Life Away with Vocals and without vocals
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 05:12:45 pm »
Rolandson, definite improvement on guitar. One thing that has really helped me with my rhythm is playing to a metronome or drum track. I was so used to playing without a track I found it rather difficult to play with one but once I started using it, it really has tightened up my rhythm playing.
Also I, for one, would appreciate comments on my posts. Everyone hears things differently and you may pick up on things others might miss. It’s all in the spirit of helping one another to improve.  Keep at it, my friend, it’s a never-ending journey for all of us. You’ve come a long ways. Congratulations on
finishing BC.

Sent from my iPhone using JustinGuitar.com Forum

Offline Rolandson

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 39
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 06:44:54 pm »
Thank you. I will try to share a few feedbacks and maybe a few songs to learn who are easy to play in my opinion.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App