Author Topic: Boss GT-1000 <sharp intake of breath>  (Read 1506 times)

Offline bo-jingle

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 3
Boss GT-1000 <sharp intake of breath>
« on: February 01, 2018, 01:15:20 pm »
Well - it seems like a stunning bit of kit - and with digital output to a DAW or iPad
Keep on jangling!

Offline Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 124
Re: Boss GT-1000 <sharp intake of breath>
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 01:56:50 pm »
We'll see. It might be too little, too late.

I'm actually a fan of Boss stuff in general. They produce some great kit and I think a lot of the reason some people don't like their stuff is often cork-sniffing. My view is, if it was good enough for Prince.

If there was a weakness of their "COSM" technology (which, in itself has evolved and improved considerably over the years) was the amp simulations were maybe not as responsive and accurate as other modelling systems; a point which is is mostly relevant to recording/gigging professionals.

The GT-1000 is supposed to address that with their new "AIRD" system which, as I understand it, is layered over the more recent COSM stuff. And it has a new higher-resolution engine (important for reverbs and some of the ambient effects) and, effectively, has their new MD/RV/DD 500 range built in. If you are fan of these pedals, then one reason to like the GT-1000 is you can get all three for a much lower price.

However, my feeling is the sort of people who steer towards those pedals are the sort of people who like individual pedals for the sake of having individual pedals. Even if there was a multifx system that gave them exactly the same tone for half the price, they wouldn't want it as part of their rig.

The main concern is that, these days, there's a lot of other great systems around that sort of price range.

The Helix is going to be their main competitor, and the Helix has some great features that the GT-1000 doesn't seem to have, like programmable coloured LCD "scribble strips" and user-loadable Impulse Responses. It's also well regarded tonally.

So I, personally, think they are going to struggle to get good sales on this.

Cheers,

Keith
Guitars: PRS Singlecut S2, Fender Tele Lite Ash, G&L Legacy Tribute, Freshman Apollo 2 OCBX, Gibson SG Special P90
Amps: Bugera G5 Head, Boss Katana 100
All sorts of other stuff.

Offline MrBumble

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 18
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 01:59:56 pm »
At nearly £900 it should be a stunning bit of kit!
Guitars - Gretsch 5120, Ovation Celebrity, Revelation RJT60Q.
Pedals - TC Polytune 2, Mooer BluesCrab, Boss CE5 Chorus, Boss RC3 Looper, TC Flashback 2
Amplifiers - Fender Super Champ 25 SE, Laney A Fresco, Marshall G30R CD,

Offline LievenDV

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 154
    • Point Fifty
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 09:16:16 am »
I am convinced that we live in an age that you can achieve the best satisfaction/quality/reliability/ease of use/versatility/$ ratio with digital products.

This one is called the "flagship" product on Boss' site and for that price I don't know WHAT to expect. :)
The site has a spec page that works with subjective adjectives :)

I follow Majik on the amp sims in the past so I'm curious how they perform now.

Totally irrelevant as a rational argument but it plays a part for me:
The design of the unit has no mojo. :)
This doesn't look like a wonder machine. It looks like something line-6 has been doing for a long time already. I think it will be an ideal unit for every coverband that takes itself somewhat seriously and has to play 2 hour sets with ALL kinds of music :)

I play in a cover band at work an a small digitechmulti-effect (rp360?) stores a setting for every song we do. super handy!
my band: fb: Point Fifty | Instagram: Point Fifty

Offline bo-jingle

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 3
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 08:52:00 pm »
Thanks for the reply guys - these are helpful.
Keep on jangling!

Get The Forum As A Mobile App