Author Topic: Batwoman's Road Case  (Read 13981 times)

Offline BCDC

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 5
Batwoman's Road Case
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2018, 11:46:21 pm »
Batwoman. I am curious. Price-wise, how does a guitar like this compare to others out there? I know that is a hard question to answer because of the wide range in quality of guitars, but any thoughts would be interesting to hear.

Great to see that this guitar is Queensland-made!! Right? I am a Queenslander!!

Sent from my iPhone using JustinGuitar.com Forum

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 88
Re: Batwoman's Road Case
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2018, 11:48:34 pm »
Gorgeous!! You must lay awake nights in anticipation.  Can’t wait to see it finished, but more anticipating hearing it.

Yep you're right about lying awake fizzing with excitement Dave. Hearing me play it? Maybe.

Exciting stuff. There is no substitute for quality craftsmanship. Can’t wait to see the next instalment!

Pete is a superb craftsman. He takes heaps of time with every aspect of the build. I saw one of his guitars crafted for a friend last week. It is superb. My friend wanted a parlor style guitar with the capacity to take heavy strings and a heavy hand. The neck has been done with as much skill and care as a very expensive tailor-made suit.

Great thread batwoman.  Thanks for sharing :)

I'm glad you're enjoying it Sweed. I sure get a buzz out of posting the photos and having folk like you to share it with.

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 88
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2018, 12:01:28 am »
Batwoman. I am curious. Price-wise, how does a guitar like this compare to others out there? I know that is a hard question to answer because of the wide range in quality of guitars, but any thoughts would be interesting to hear.

Great to see that this guitar is Queensland-made!! Right? I am a Queenslander!!

Hello Queenslander  :D

Yes BCDC it's a hard question to answer, there are so many variables. I wanted a Maton, couldn't find what I wanted, even when I when over my price point. I searched for ages, trying out all the big brands - Gibson, Taylor etc, none of them flicked my switch. The first time I heard one of Pete's studio models I broke out in goosebumps. All I can say is that for the same amount of money I was prepared to pay for a ready made guitar, I'm getting this superb instrument, made to suit my hands, my style of playing, the sound I want etc.  It's also important to me that the guitar is made from non-endangered timbers (part of my guitar is made from an old door) and that it hasn't come from a sweat shop. Pete has been very generous with discounts as I belong to a local Acoustic Club. This will be my only guitar and it's a once in a lifetime thing for me. Every cent I'll pay is worth it.

I must confess I went through the 'I'm not good enough for a guitar as superb as this and who am I to have such a beautiful thing when I'm so early in my learning. Really good guitarists should have a guitar like this, not me.'

Ditched that cr*p fast.

I haven't really answered your question.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 04:39:59 am by batwoman »

Offline BCDC

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 5
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2018, 12:17:25 am »
Thanks Batwoman. I think you answered the question as well as anyone could. I like the idea that this is QLD made from Aussie wood.....especially recycled wood. Can’t wait to see the finished product.

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 88
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2018, 02:08:53 am »
Pete has started work on the soundboard and rosettes.

I don't want bling, so the rosettes will be simple and stylish ... just like me ha ha  ;D
My guitar will be quite zen.

Placing the first ring of the rosette.

I could eat this cedar, it's so luscious.

I'm sooooooooooo excited.

Offline embishop

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 77
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2018, 05:54:19 pm »
I'm sooooooooooooo excited for you too! Wow what a story. Enjoying the process, but really looking forward to the ending!! :)
Gretsch G5420T,  Epiphone SG400, Taylor 325ce, Martin OMCPA5
Boss Katana 50, Boss RC-1 loop pedal
Yamaha Clavinova CLP-525 digital piano

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 88
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2018, 04:15:45 am »
I'm sooooooooooooo excited for you too! Wow what a story. Enjoying the process, but really looking forward to the ending!! :)

Thanks Mari, having guitar buddies like you to share it with makes it all the sweeter.

Offline Stormya

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2018, 05:56:29 pm »
What a brilliant post and what a fabulous thing to do. Keep the updates coming. And when it's all finished please do give a final summary of all the materials / construction - as well as loads of photos.
Seagull S6 Original
Seagull Artist Folk

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 88
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2018, 12:56:35 am »
What a brilliant post and what a fabulous thing to do. Keep the updates coming. And when it's all finished please do give a final summary of all the materials / construction - as well as loads of photos.

Will do Stormya  :)

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 88
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2018, 02:56:49 am »
Pete sent me these photos yesterday.

Back all finished

Here's the other side with its bracing

Soundboard done

Close up of the simple rosette. Silky oak, Tasmanian oak and I can't remember what the fine, black line is.

Braces go onto the underside of the soundboard. Into Pete's handmade go bar press. This applies pressure to the bracing till the glue dries.

More rods in place.

Bracing all glued, then into this devise which I keep forgetting to ask its name. You can see the hand cut kerfelling.

Close up of the kerfelling

I'm so excited.

Offline oldhead49

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 106
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2018, 04:33:53 am »
So am I - for you!  Any scheduled delivery date yet?

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 88
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2018, 04:46:00 am »
So am I - for you!  Any scheduled delivery date yet?

It will take as long as it takes! Pete is meticulous and takes his time. High humidity also slows down some of the glueing and certainly the spraying part of it. I reckon by mid April perhaps earlier, I should have her here.

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 408
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2018, 09:07:26 am »
I love the back.  :)

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 112
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2018, 08:32:37 am »
Looks a cracker so far  8)
Arrived here Mar 2013 Since completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM and MTMS Now on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
My Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537.msg339454#msg33945

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 88
  • What on earth was I going to do???
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2018, 09:21:07 am »
That is going to be stunning, I really like inlay so simply and classy and the back looks amazing!
Can’t wait to see more!!!
My singing sucks so I’m learning Guitar and Ukulele, it’s fun 🌟

Get The Forum As A Mobile App