Author Topic: Batwoman's Road Case  (Read 55177 times)

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 365
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
Re: Batwoman's Road Case
« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2018, 07:26:02 am »
Three enormous cheers for Batwoman !!!

I am simply thrilled and delighted for you, what a break through.  Your list of accomplishments is growing.  I suggest you stick these photographs up all over your house ... this one and the ones from last year's performance at that year-end concert, plus a printout of choice Community comments made when you posted your song ... it'll keep on reminding you of all you have done, how far you have come and put the doubts to flight !!!

As LBro would say ROCK ON !!!

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 188
« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2018, 07:35:30 am »
Three enormous cheers for Batwoman !!!

I am simply thrilled and delighted for you, what a break through.  Your list of accomplishments is growing.  I suggest you stick these photographs up all over your house ... this one and the ones from last year's performance at that year-end concert, plus a printout of choice Community comments made when you posted your song ... it'll keep on reminding you of all you have done, how far you have come and put the doubts to flight !!!

As LBro would say ROCK ON !!!

Aw gee so generous of you David. What a great coach you make  :)  Did this on the spur of the moment. I will indeed by rockin' on, rather than rocking in my rocking chair.
Walcott Custom OM Acoustic , G&L Tribute Fallout Electric, Crafter T035 OM Acoustic, Ashton Bass.

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 197
  • Black country bloke, ijut intollerant 😂
« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2018, 07:59:24 am »
Well done you 😎😎😎
No looking back now, the ice has been broken the world is your oyster!!!

Offline Lord_Gigabyte

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 9
  • Not quitting, not now, not ever....
« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2018, 11:55:39 am »
\o/ \o/ \o/

Hooray!!! Congratulations BatWoman!!
I'll get it in the end. Just don't give up, that's the key....

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 161
    • YouTube
« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2018, 03:56:53 pm »
@Batwoman, that looks like great fun! Playing out at the lake, someone brings a fiddle, someone else brings their guitar. So cool. Being able to sing well is pure gold in the circles I travel in. You will never be left off of the invitation list when the players you know get together.   

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 188
« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2018, 02:14:57 am »
Well done you 😎😎😎
No looking back now, the ice has been broken the world is your oyster!!!

Thankyou Darrell, your celebration means a lot to me.
Walcott Custom OM Acoustic , G&L Tribute Fallout Electric, Crafter T035 OM Acoustic, Ashton Bass.

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 188
« Reply #106 on: July 02, 2018, 02:20:55 am »
@Batwoman, that looks like great fun! Playing out at the lake, someone brings a fiddle, someone else brings their guitar. So cool. Being able to sing well is pure gold in the circles I travel in. You will never be left off of the invitation list when the players you know get together.   

Thankyou CT. It sure was fun. There's a sweet joy being part of a circle of people playing acoustic guitar.  We had about 10 guitars, 2 ukes, an acoustic bass, a mandolin and a fiddle and around 10 audience. Not sure about the invitation list but I'll keep working on it  :D 

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 188
« Reply #107 on: July 02, 2018, 02:21:49 am »
\o/ \o/ \o/

Hooray!!! Congratulations BatWoman!!

Thankyou so much Lord G. Makes me happy.

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 184
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #108 on: July 02, 2018, 08:42:59 am »
Mrs B big congrats on your achievement. What a wonderful setting as well. This should give you a big confidence boost, so onwards and upwards  8)
Here since Mar 2013 Completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM, MTMS Still on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/   
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2wcjHmnrFuQyom6tqUtdrQ
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?to

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 188
« Reply #109 on: July 03, 2018, 03:16:51 am »
Mrs B big congrats on your achievement. What a wonderful setting as well. This should give you a big confidence boost, so onwards and upwards  8)

Thankyou Toby, you're right, it's reduced the stage fright, though I still have  way to go.

Offline embishop

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 117
  • Guitar-Goddess-In-Training
« Reply #110 on: July 03, 2018, 02:38:03 pm »
Cedar was the star of the show.
What a great photo, you can just see joy emanating from you. And what an accomplishment. I suspect though that it's the partnership between you and Cedar that makes it something special. :)

Mari
American Pro Strat HSS, Gretsch G5420T, 
Taylor GS Mini-e Koa, Epiphone SG400
Boss Katana 50, Vibro Champ XD
Yamaha Clavinova CLP-525 digital piano

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 188
« Reply #111 on: July 04, 2018, 01:49:58 am »
What a great photo, you can just see joy emanating from you. And what an accomplishment. I suspect though that it's the partnership between you and Cedar that makes it something special. :)

Mari

Thanks Mari. Yes, singing with Cedar gives me so much joy. She really is a very beautiful guitar.

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 92
« Reply #112 on: July 05, 2018, 01:29:00 am »
I'm very impressed with you, too! Yay, you did it!

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 188
« Reply #113 on: July 05, 2018, 04:01:20 am »
I'm very impressed with you, too! Yay, you did it!

Thanks Lynne, that means a lot to me. Having a guitar as good as Cedar seems to lift me. I also played a bit of Smoke on the Water with my teachers electric guitar last week. He turned it up very loud, added lots of distortion and effects. He was playing drums and yelling 'One more time'.

Truly cathartic, something changed for me being that loud.

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 92
« Reply #114 on: July 05, 2018, 02:33:30 pm »
Thanks Lynne, that means a lot to me. Having a guitar as good as Cedar seems to lift me. I also played a bit of Smoke on the Water with my teachers electric guitar last week. He turned it up very loud, added lots of distortion and effects. He was playing drums and yelling 'One more time'.

Truly cathartic, something changed for me being that loud.
That's so cool! Do you have an electric guitar? You know what I'm thinking if you don't? I'm thinking you need an electric guitar.

(Oh, maybe that's why my middle name is Trouble!)

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 188
« Reply #115 on: July 06, 2018, 03:38:32 am »
That's so cool! Do you have an electric guitar? You know what I'm thinking if you don't? I'm thinking you need an electric guitar.

(Oh, maybe that's why my middle name is Trouble!)

Dear Trouble,
I don't think it's a good idea to encourage me  :) no I don't have an electric guitar.

Yesterday my teacher seized the opportunity to push me a bit further in my endeavors to overcome my fear. He knew about the Jam. The track at the end of this post is what we did. I didn't have the recorder positioned right. It didn't pick up his drums or singing.

I wanted to workshop the song before attempting to play, get everything right which would have taken up most of the lesson which means I'd avoid playing. He knows this trick of mine so he pushed me, not letting me stop, muck around getting ready etc.

I know it's bad, could make a long list of what's not good, but I'm not. Posting this is will take another chip off the destructive sh*t that goes on in my head. It's OK to be imperfect, awful even. The really bad bit between about 2.09 and 2.47 is what I do when I get scared because someone is listening to me, and then I lose the plot. The two little girls who have a lesson after mine had arrived and I could feel them and their mother standing behind me. I turned around to look at them and lost my place completely. They chose to learn the same song in their lesson, one on keys and the other on drums.

I'm loving my new name Rock Granny  ;D ;D ;D

Be warned this is rooly rooly bad, but I don't care. Listen at your own peril and fer gawds sake don't put headphones on.
https://soundcloud.com/user-32910351/seven-nation-army-1/s-2Kc2T
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 07:47:37 am by batwoman »

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 197
  • Black country bloke, ijut intollerant 😂
« Reply #116 on: July 06, 2018, 05:21:24 am »
Woohoo.....
Rock on!!!
Nothing awful about it at all.... in fact awesome 😎
You need an electric guitar even if it’s only for fun!!!
For not too much of an investment you can get a PRS SE Santana, very nice and not expensive - just the job!!!
http://www.guitarfactory.com.au/Guitars/Electric/PRS/SE-Series/prs-se-carlos-santana

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 365
« Reply #117 on: July 06, 2018, 06:42:20 am »
Hey Rock Granny,

I'm with Darrell ... sounding down and dirty, in the groove and I confess I lived dangerous and enjoyed that through my headphones.

Listening to you makes me want to run home, grab up the electric, turn the amp up and dig into that riff.  Now all I need is a drummer and vocalist :)

Batwoman, take a bow for posting it ... keep on chipping away and giving the destructive sh1t a suitably rock middle finger ... because your playing warrants being heard.

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 188
« Reply #118 on: July 06, 2018, 07:16:55 am »
Today got better and better. I had something to drop off at my teacher's studio this arvo. He invited me to join him and another mature age (not as mature as Rock Granny by about 20 years) who has been learning drums for a few weeks, for a jam. We were getting set up when his next student arrived, a 9 year old girl who has the most amazing confidence. She ditched her acoustic, demanded an electric, asked that it be turned up loud and louder yet and off we went. Three guitars, one drum kit.  Whaaaaaaaa hooooooo

Another first musical experience. Much easier with other players. I played much better too. Yesterday I would have given myself 1/10, today 5/10.

So much fun.

I'm so happy I could just about fly off the planet and go into orbit.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 07:49:28 am by batwoman »

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 188
« Reply #119 on: July 06, 2018, 07:19:28 am »
Woohoo.....
Rock on!!!
Nothing awful about it at all.... in fact awesome 😎
You need an electric guitar even if it’s only for fun!!!
For not too much of an investment you can get a PRS SE Santana, very nice and not expensive - just the job!!!
http://www.guitarfactory.com.au/Guitars/Electric/PRS/SE-Series/prs-se-carlos-santana

Thanks Darrell, you musn't have heard all the bloopers, missed timing, poor placement of fingers on the fret etc. Oh dear tempting me with an electric, seems you have teamed up with Ms Trouble. For the moment I'll content myself with learning on one of my teacher's guitars. Then I want to play a bass guitar.

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 188
« Reply #120 on: July 06, 2018, 07:22:23 am »
Hey Rock Granny,

I'm with Darrell ... sounding down and dirty, in the groove and I confess I lived dangerous and enjoyed that through my headphones.

Listening to you makes me want to run home, grab up the electric, turn the amp up and dig into that riff.  Now all I need is a drummer and vocalist :)

Batwoman, take a bow for posting it ... keep on chipping away and giving the destructive sh1t a suitably rock middle finger ... because your playing warrants being heard.

Headphones? Oh you do know how to live on the edge David  :D  Hope you get to play Vincent this w/e

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 365
« Reply #121 on: July 06, 2018, 08:10:58 am »
Today got better and better. I had something to drop off at my teacher's studio this arvo. He invited me to join him and another mature age (not as mature as Rock Granny by about 20 years) who has been learning drums for a few weeks, for a jam. We were getting set up when his next student arrived, a 9 year old girl who has the most amazing confidence. She ditched her acoustic, demanded an electric, asked that it be turned up loud and louder yet and off we went. Three guitars, one drum kit.  Whaaaaaaaa hooooooo

Another first musical experience. Much easier with other players. I played much better too. Yesterday I would have given myself 1/10, today 5/10.

So much fun.

I'm so happy I could just about fly off the planet and go into orbit.
It just gets better and better every time I read one of your posts.

But have to say you sure know how to push my buttons :) ...

As a listener and fellow learner player, I am struggling to understand you rating your playing yesterday as 1/10 ... I guess if it works for you then who am I to say anything ... but in my mind I can't rate what I heard as 1/10 ... suppose it all depends on how the scale is calibrated. 

Being naive and not recognising areas that need improvement ... over-rating ... is a problem and I personally think under-rating is equally a problem, but I suppose only if it ends up limiting your confidence. 

Hmmm ... OK ... keep on rating yourself 1/10 and keep on sharing those performances irrespective and I'll be a happy follower of Rock Granny

That rant aside ... so thrilled to hear of all the progress your are making and the new experiences with other musicians you are having !!

Offline willsie01

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 13
  • Campfire Strummer wannabe
« Reply #122 on: July 06, 2018, 08:40:37 am »
Batwoman, I loved it 👍🏼
You kept going through the interruptions and got it back.
Couldn’t hear the drums and vocal too well which means the groove I felt was generated by you.
Well done. 😊

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 92
« Reply #123 on: July 06, 2018, 10:19:33 am »
That was entirely awesome, and parts were really excellent. Where it was excellent, in my opinion, was right after your first noticeable mistake. I could almost hear you go "oh well, I might as well just play through" and you relaxed. Of course I know what happened after that. You psyched yourself out, but then you got back on. That's really cool. Now you know you can do it!

I'm really happy and excited for you!

You definitely need an electric guitar. Everyone who hears this is gonna say so.

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 161
    • YouTube
« Reply #124 on: July 06, 2018, 03:28:18 pm »
Nice! Playing with others and taking chances is a great way to get better and have fun while doing it. Recording everything, warts and all, is good too -- I call it "scatchpadding" (for lack of a better term). You've inspired me to release some of my scratchpads to soundcloud.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App