Author Topic: Noodling chat with Mark K ...  (Read 537 times)

Online DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 144
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
Noodling chat with Mark K ...
« on: January 06, 2018, 04:56:48 am »
While watching Loefgren's latest videos I spotted this one in the "Up next".  I'd watched it before but worth a second look... and definitely worth a look if you've not seen it IMHO

You can cut out some sound bytes from this for the conversation about Strat and LP style guitars.

Lovely snippets of a host of styles to inspire your learning.

Offline GregS

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 0
Re: Noodling chat with Mark K ...
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 04:29:06 pm »
I've watched this video a half dozen times.  He's my favorite guitarist of all time.
Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul 100

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 78
  • What on earth was I going to do???
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 06:51:36 pm »
MK is the man!!!
IMO there is no guitarist who is more knowledgable that he is plus he is a very interesting personality anyway and a darned good guitarist!!!
My singing sucks so I’m learning Guitar and Ukulele, it’s fun 🌟

Online DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 144
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 07:31:37 pm »
Was fabulous. After seeing it I got a copy of SoundBreaking, and unless I dozed off this wasn't in any of the episodes. Though still a really interesting series of 8 documentaries about music.

Almost as good as my favourite Netflix documentary film, Under the Influence, which was all about Keith Richards and his influences and making of his 2015 solo album.  Much more to him than meets the eye and also a wonderful story teller.

Offline m_c

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 33
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 09:56:29 pm »
That was a good video.

Along a similar vein, some of the Guitar Moves videos/interviews by Noisey (the channel is quite an 'eclectic' mix of music related interview style videos) - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdoAu1uCjE-jIzaZrp-bFgfEeOsmuTBVx
I actually found them due to their Jake Bugg interview. Jake is rubbish at interviews, and openly admits he hates them. I can't remember what interview it was, but his attitude is, why should he speak to someone he thinks is an idiot, just because somebody says he should?

Another source of good guitar related interviews is Anderton's (UK guitar/music shop that does a lot of videos) The Captain Meets videos - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQXro2VDjyIzxb1ZMHh4AbqPYCutyNhMj
The Captain aka Lee Anderton, is quite awestruck in some of the videos. One of my favourite's is his Bernie Marsden interview, where Bernie casually hands him the 'Beast'. During the same interview, Bernie also starts dismantling it to show how it's faded. There's also a good interview with Paul Reed Smith.

Offline Barnezy

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 10
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 11:00:17 pm »
I love the way MK simplifies the complexity of what he's doing. Paraphrasing "so first you have to get your fingers to do things they don't want to do, then you get you thumb to play the beat, that way you can play the melody as well". What a master of his craft!

This 45min documentary gives some real insight about him.

https://youtu.be/a3SgyZSYz4Y

Sent from my iPad using JustinGuitar.com Forum
Guitars: Collings OM2H, Martin Dreadknought Junior, Fender MIA Std Stratocaster, Admira A2 Classical
Amps and Pedals: Blackstar HT1R, Boss GT1
Favourite Styles: Finger Style, Blues, Folk, Rock
Favourite Guitarists: Knopfler, Clapton, Greenwood, Jimmy

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 68
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 04:18:37 am »
Tommy Emmaneul soon to be released album Accomplice One has a track with him and Mark Knopfler playing  http://tommyemmanuel.com/you-dont-want-to-get-you-one-of-those-video/  I haven't been able to watch the video as I get a message saying they won't let Australians watch it or something to that effect  :D

Get The Forum As A Mobile App