Author Topic: need to find a used/second-hand guitar to practice on! #cheaper options #student  (Read 205 times)

Offline greesha

• Good Vibes 0
Hello! I'm really appreciative of your free lessons, especially to adults such as myself trying to pick up the guitar at ripe late twenties. I have been away from home and have had no access to a guitar to practice, I have looked online to buy second-hand/used guitars to practice on. However, I'm unsure of the sources and hence I thought this post might help for some advice or would have one to giveaway yourselves:^P! Also, I live in the UK at the moment and a student so the budget is...say quite low!The cheaper the better and decent quality for a beginner.

Sincerely,
Gree

Offline joueur de guitare

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 12
Welcome aboard :)

Hello! I'm really appreciative of your free lessons, especially to adults such as myself trying to pick up the guitar at ripe late twenties. I have been away from home and have had no access to a guitar to practice, I have looked online to buy second-hand/used guitars to practice on. However, I'm unsure of the sources and hence I thought this post might help for some advice or would have one to giveaway yourselves:^P! Also, I live in the UK at the moment and a student so the budget is...say quite low!The cheaper the better and decent quality for a beginner.

Sincerely,
Gree

Late twenties? You're still a kid!

Acoustic or electric? Whereabouts in the UK are you?
Guitars. Fender Highway 1 Tele: Fender Shortboard LE Mustang: Ibanez AS73 semi-hollow: Ibanez SR370 bass: Squier Affinity Strat: Squier Jagmaster.

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 45
  • What next???
Have a look on Gear4music at their own brand guitars, they are reasonably good for a beginner and competitively priced.
Beware of Amazon, some is ok some is rubbish some needs work to play ok.
Too much to list now, I have a bad case of GAS, UAS, and general ‘must have syndrome’
My bank account and Plastic live in fear!!!

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 342
  • Teesside, North East England.
We need

Budget

Electric or acoustic

I'll move this to the correct forum space when we know that

Thanks

Offline greesha

• Good Vibes 0
Thanks for all the comments guys! Currently, I live around Oxford city and I'm looking for an Acoustic guitar/electro-acoustic. Budget : £50 (max).

Thanks again =^D

Offline Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 74
I would suggest looking on gumtree or similar for second hand ones.

Cheers,

Keith
Guitars: PRS Singlecut S2, Fender Tele Lite Ash, G&L Legacy Tribute, Freshman Apollo 2 OCBX
Amps: Bugera G5 Head, Boss Katana 100
All sorts of other stuff.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App