Author Topic: My art collaboration with diademgove  (Read 59925 times)

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 303
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
Re: My art collaboration with diademgove
« Reply #525 on: December 26, 2019, 05:41:04 am »
No new gear Lynn. My GAS pressure is low at the moment  :o For now I have all, actually far more, than I need. But if my live performance level, sorry when, reaches the level that I am invited to perform at one of the music clubs big stage event,  then I have a notion of the pedals I'll need  ;D

Happy NID .... would love to see a picture of the psaltery.

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 88
« Reply #526 on: January 03, 2020, 12:21:47 am »
I keep forgetting to take a picture of the psaltery. It's sweet. My boss's daughter painted it when she was probably 11 or 12.

I've been busy painting, traveling, and working a lot. Today was my first anniversary at my new job. I guess it's not new anymore. Haha. 2020 is excellent so far! Hope you're all feeling good and making progress on guitar and music, and having fun!

Here is my latest self portrait, in oil. This one looks the most like me, according to Dave.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 303
« Reply #527 on: January 03, 2020, 04:31:18 am »
Lynn, appreciate you sharing the self-portraits. From the videos of you performing, you are capturing a fine likeness.

Are you working on another restoration at work?

I am still on leave, so 2020 is great so far ... reading and guitar. More playing of songs with a view to Open Mic performance than lots of time spent on improving my technique, still plugging away at right-hand technique.

Maybe after reading this reply you can take the picture of the psaltery  ;D Have you figured out how to play it?

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 88
« Reply #528 on: January 04, 2020, 08:10:57 pm »
Hi David,

Lucky you, being on leave. Sounds like a great way to start the decade! Good for you to have open mics to look forward to, and to work towards. Really cool to see you improving to this point so quickly.

Yes, I'm working on another restoration. Unfortunately for me the soundboard was already painted. I'm just working on the case, which I actually really like to do. I'm still learning so much, including more woodworking, and some technical work. It's cool.

Here is my psaltery. I can't say it's hard to play, because when it's in tune, whatever haphazard thing I do seems to sounds pretty. I haven't tried to learn a song. It's more of a meditative thing to just sit there and pluck at it. Dave is working at playing songs with it. He's been learning something by Ennio Morricone that sounds cool so far.

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 303
« Reply #529 on: January 04, 2020, 09:24:33 pm »
Sounds like a great job, Lynn. My wife would like the wood work part. She has great abilities to to do carpentry,  welding as well.  Don't ask me to do that sort of thing. Psaltery looks lovely and nothing wrong with a meditative practice.

And for me, I keep on with the music, just enjoying myself as I go.

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 88
« Reply #530 on: January 16, 2020, 01:51:48 pm »
How's your brother's David project coming along, David?

I'm sad to admit it, but I've lost my guitar mojo. I'm pretty sure it's related to losing my cat Twiggy. Playing hasn't been the same without her running around the studio. I'm feeling like it's starting to become fun again, so hopefully time will work its magic. I'm confident it will. I just needed to grieve.

In the meantime, I've been painting, which has still been really fun. This one's called A Rooster Biting the Ass of a Woman Dancing. It's oil on canvas.

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 539
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #531 on: January 16, 2020, 03:02:56 pm »
The title alone is something to behold.

Re the guitar...
Lost mojos of the world unite and twang your thang!
 :)

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 88
« Reply #532 on: January 16, 2020, 03:12:48 pm »
I'll do that, close.

I had the title first, a new way of approaching the canvas for me, and a fun way to work. They used to make some B movies that way. I believe "I Walked with a Zombie" was one of them. A much better film than the title suggests.

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 303
« Reply #533 on: January 16, 2020, 04:23:32 pm »
Lynn, thoughtful of you to ask after my brother's work.  The David project seems to be on hold at the moment, probably for a few reasons: he made good progress with a number of his studies then started to try and do some sketching which slowed things down, then he was ramping up to an exhibition which opens tomorrow and lastly I think the festive season also moved him into a bit of a holiday mode.  If you look at his YT channel you see the point he reached.

Sorry to hear about your cat.  The passing of pets is always a difficult thing.  Perhaps a song to honour Twiggy when you are ready ... one with a hmmm less literal title perhaps.

The title was just marvellous ... now even I can get that :) The fun in the prohect comes through.

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 88
« Reply #534 on: January 20, 2020, 11:17:51 pm »
Thanks David. I hope your brother's opening went well. That must be exciting!

Here are a couple by Keith if I can get them to load in. I think they're all acrylic. The first is Millet by Van Gogh.

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 88
« Reply #535 on: January 20, 2020, 11:18:53 pm »
This one is The Bridge of Sighs.

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 88
« Reply #536 on: January 20, 2020, 11:22:21 pm »
And finally, just finished, and I think really beautiful, After David Bomberg.

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 303
« Reply #537 on: January 21, 2020, 05:03:00 am »
Thanks for sharing the paintings, Lynn.  All look lovely and I agree with you on the portrait, it is striking, moody.

The opening went well.  So much so that he sold a piece at the end of the evening, which was a first (not the selling but to make a sale on the opening night).

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 88
« Reply #538 on: January 22, 2020, 03:52:45 pm »
Wow David, that's fantastic. He must be stoked! That must take the pressure off (the selling part, anyway).

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 303
« Reply #539 on: January 23, 2020, 06:27:13 am »
Wow David, that's fantastic. He must be stoked! That must take the pressure off (the selling part, anyway).

"Stoked" ... haven't heard that word for a while.  It was a special moment for him.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App