Author Topic: My art collaboration with diademgove  (Read 9001 times)

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 56
Re: My art collaboration with diademgove
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2018, 03:09:40 pm »
All sounds ever so exciting, Lynn.  Album is going to be great.

Whoa ... that latest one is a little different. Like the eye-head surreal thing. The title also had me scratching my head....
Thanks David. It is exciting. We have finally settled on the tracks. It's going to be a very different album than our original intent. We've been working on it for almost two years now, and we and the music have changed over time (thanks Keith!). Although we have far too many songs, it's taken a while to get enough that all work together within our concept. We could keep working and seeing what the next song is forever, but I think it's time to finally do it.

We'll make a more pop oriented CD available with some of the older songs that didn't make it onto the list. I may throw that in with the LP, and will look into having that available online. Justin and I talked about that during my Skype lesson. He told me that CD baby prints to order, so the problem of trying to find a place to store hundreds of CDs is solved.

But the LP will be more like a piece of art, hopefully. We're just going to press 100 copies. We're not doing this with the intention of becoming famous or going platinum, or even breaking even on. Haha. We just want to make something we are happy with. I can't remember if I've mentioned why we were doing it, but it started as way for Dave and me to commemorate our 25 (now almost 27) years together. So this is instead of jewelry or a vacation, and it's way more meaningful to us.

Thanks again for commenting on the art! We're having a lot of fun making it.

Lynn

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Offline MrBumble

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 15
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2018, 04:58:50 pm »
I can't remember if I've mentioned why we were doing it, but it started as way for Dave and me to commemorate our 25 (now almost 27) years together. So this is instead of jewelry or a vacation, and it's way more meaningful to us.

What a lovely idea! I look forward to hearing it.
Guitars - Ovation Celebrity, Revelation RJT60Q.
Amplifiers -Marshall G30R CD, Fender Super Champ 25 SE, Laney A Fresco.

Online DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 168
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2018, 09:33:36 pm »
Lynn, I don't recall you talking about this album originating as a celebration of you and Dave being together...knowing makes it all the more special...and remind me, which one of the 100 earmarked for me :)

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 56
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2018, 10:36:15 pm »

Lynn, I don't recall you talking about this album originating as a celebration of you and Dave being together...knowing makes it all the more special...and remind me, which one of the 100 earmarked for me :)

Number one!

Thanks, David.

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 56
« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2018, 08:10:14 pm »
I just finished another painting. I learned a lot technically with this one. I'm pretty excited about her face. Haha.

It was inspired by our song The Long Dark Stairwell. I'll put a link to the song below.

I could definitely do more paintings from the imagery in this song. I did a lot of drawings, and have many more ideas from it. In the end, the painting isn't really how I see the song in my mind, but I decided to not be too literal, and focus on the visual impact instead. It is how I see them dressed.

Perhaps this painting will lead to another song. I'm sure I could tell you a story about these two. Haha.

Here's the song:

Listen to and hull soul collective The Long Dark Stairwell by faraway my lovely #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/user-468459034/long-dark-stairwell-fourth-final-master

Lynn

Online DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 168
« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2018, 09:53:12 pm »
Not how I imagined the stairs, Lynn. But love this picturs, it has something about it. Great work.

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 56
« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2018, 11:29:07 am »
Glad you like it! Thanks David. Not really how I picture them either. I may need to do another painting to try to capture it. But I'm glad I did this one, and excited at how it came out, even if it tells a different story.

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 56
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2018, 01:24:55 pm »
I've been busy. I'm a bit all over the place stylistically, which I'm pleased about. I'm someone who can be very set in my ways, so exploration and trying new things I'm sure is good for me.

The first painting with the animal heads is part of the series I continue to work on based on our song The Long Dark Stairwell.

The second is the one of the two young women. I was exploring light and dark, and hoping to capture their expressions. I'm not satisfied I did everything I set out to. Oh well. I learned some things.

The third one is of my boyfriend's band playing a gig in Chicago. I stayed loose because their perform improvisational electronic music, and you have to be pretty loose to do what they do. He thinks it may end up on their next album cover, which is pretty cool if it happens.

Online DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 168
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2018, 01:57:53 pm »
Lovely.  I always have a delightful sense of anticipation when I see a new post in this topic appears in "Unread Posts".  And have never been disappointed.  Can't really say much more than I enjoy your work, some more than others, but always enjoy and appreciate your creativity.  Critique is beyond my artistic abilities.

Of these three, I really like the next one inspired by the song.  The style of both really appeals to me.

And the painting of Dave's (it is Dave, if I remember correctly) band performing is great.  The atmospheric, impressionistic style appeals to me.

The two girls ... well, it looks fine but doesn't tell me much of a story, so kind of just (not the best word but not coming up with a better one) a painting, nothing for me to grab onto.

Thanks again for sharing your paintings.  I really do appreciate that you do.

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 56
« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2018, 02:26:28 pm »
Thanks so much, David. We're on the same page about these. I'm most excited about the animal heads. They're fun to paint and conceive. I think they're interesting to look at. I hope to have a few more in the series.

Totally agree with the one of the two women. It was done the day before my friend's surgery, so maybe it's about our friendship, in a way. I see them as friends or sisters, and that's how I feel about my friend. More like sisters. We don't know what they're looking at. That's how I felt about her surgery. It's always interesting to know what the artist was thinking about, but for the viewer, without any other information, it doesn't really work.

I'm glad you also like the one of Dave's band. He's the one on the right.

I always like reading your opinions about them. Nice to hear you look forward to seeing them. Thanks again!

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 56
« Reply #100 on: June 12, 2018, 12:54:21 am »
Hi guys,

I just finished another painting in the Stairwell series. This one's called Fire Escape in the Moonlight. The title is a lyric from the song above.

This one took me a while. In case you can't tell what they are, he's a goat, and she's a coyote. We actually have coyotes show up occasionally in Newport.

The street is one I lived on in Greenwich Village.

Thanks for checking it out,
Lynn

Online DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 168
« Reply #101 on: June 12, 2018, 09:30:00 pm »
That's real cool, Lynn. Love the style you've got going. Going to be great compliment to the album...cover art or on an insert booklet. Coyote head....after Cagn and Roman's latest cover, sure it isn't a fox's head :) She's foxy for sure  ;)

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 56
« Reply #102 on: June 12, 2018, 09:42:59 pm »
Thanks David! I know, we probably should make a book with my and Keith's art, and the lyrics. That would be cool.

She does look Foxy. Maybe she's a fox. Haha.

Offline pkboo3

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 43
« Reply #103 on: June 13, 2018, 12:12:12 am »
Hey Lynn. I’m reading through several of these posts. Your eye & self-portrait are awesome. I’ve recently started back trying to draw - Inspired by #CREATIVESPRINT.  Also like those inspired by other artists; and what Keith has done. Still want to see the Psychedelic Cow. Keep them coming. I do need to go back & listen to your “Stairwell Song” to get a better sense of some of your paintings.

Sent from my iPhone using JustinGuitar.com Forum

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 56
« Reply #104 on: June 14, 2018, 02:46:19 pm »
Thanks Pam! I hope you'll put your artwork here so we can see it.

I'll see if Keith will let me put his cow up. He finished it a while ago and it's really cool. He's done a bunch more paintings, too. Hopefully they'll be here soon.
Hey Lynn. I’m reading through several of these posts. Your eye & self-portrait are awesome. I’ve recently started back trying to draw - Inspired by #CREATIVESPRINT.  Also like those inspired by other artists; and what Keith has done. Still want to see the Psychedelic Cow. Keep them coming. I do need to go back & listen to your “Stairwell Song” to get a better sense of some of your paintings.

Sent from my iPhone using JustinGuitar.com Forum

Get The Forum As A Mobile App