Author Topic: My art collaboration with diademgove  (Read 69574 times)

Offline diademgrove

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 48
Re: My art collaboration with diademgove
« Reply #650 on: September 30, 2020, 11:33:16 am »
I can dig it you know.  8)  Love your take on Jimi Keith.. really cool.

Thanks Alex, much appreciated.

@diademgrove

Keith, I saw this on FB first, didn't realise it was oil ... taking yourself in new directions of medium ... or have you done oil paintings before and I missed reading it?

Many have speculated that Ziggy = Jimi. Your painting captures the late 60s vibe really well. :)

I've been painting in oils a while but haven't advertised it. I prefer oil but go back to acrylic every now and again to keep my hand in. Also a Yorkshireman doesn't want to let paint go to waste :)

Offline Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 189
    • My Road Case
« Reply #651 on: September 30, 2020, 12:05:22 pm »
Wow, that Jimi painting is seriously great!

Nice one.

Cheers,

Keith

Offline diademgrove

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 48
« Reply #652 on: September 30, 2020, 10:55:29 pm »
Thanks Keith, much appreciated.

Offline Alex6strings

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 64
  • Without the guitar, life would Bb
    • Instagram
« Reply #653 on: September 30, 2020, 11:57:02 pm »
Hi Lynn and Keith.   In my town here every year they hold the 'Art Walk' which is week long event where art is displayed all over town in certain areas.  Today is day 1 of the Art Walk and both the artists of my new paintings are featured.   Over the next week I'll try to get some pics if you're interested!..
"Hand me a guitar and I'll play the blues, it's the place i automatically go"  EC

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 91
« Reply #654 on: October 01, 2020, 01:44:28 pm »
That sounds cool, Alex. All of those kind of shows around here have been cancelled due to coronavirus, so I'd love too see pictures. I can live vicariously through you.

Hope your friends have successful shows!

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline Alex6strings

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 64
  • Without the guitar, life would Bb
    • Instagram
« Reply #655 on: October 02, 2020, 12:28:22 am »
That sounds cool, Alex. All of those kind of shows around here have been cancelled due to coronavirus, so I'd love too see pictures. I can live vicariously through you.

Hope your friends have successful shows!

Yeah it's very spread out this year I have to say... very lol.   I walked about 10km yesterday and saw not much.  :-[
"Hand me a guitar and I'll play the blues, it's the place i automatically go"  EC

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 91
« Reply #656 on: October 11, 2020, 08:23:17 pm »
It sounds like that show wasn't great, Alex, but I hope the walk was nice.

Keith's finished another oil painting. This one's called Searching. Keith, what's the meaning behind the title? I'm curious about the red thing by the figure, too.

I'm up to my eyeballs in gold leaf. I developed a method for shading the gold which I'm pretty excited about.

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 338
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #657 on: October 12, 2020, 06:12:51 am »
Many thanks, as always, for continuing share here Lynn.  When I can my Unread Posts and spot a new one here I go straight to it.

The harpsichord looks fabulous.  A new technique sounds like you are becoming a master craftsman/artist over there.

I am also happy so say I now know more about harpsichords after they featured in an episode of Howard Goodall's BBC Series Big Bangs.  A great series, informative and entertaining.

Keith, love the technique you used on the path, greenery, light-house, and sky.  Made me think French Lieutenants Woman for a moment.  Lovely piece

Offline diademgrove

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 48
« Reply #658 on: October 13, 2020, 09:51:26 am »

Keith, love the technique you used on the path, greenery, light-house, and sky.  Made me think French Lieutenants Woman for a moment.  Lovely piece

Thanks David, much appreciated. The inspiration for the woman came from some impressionist paintings. I've not seen The French Lieutenant's Woman.

Keith, what's the meaning behind the title? I'm curious about the red thing by the figure, too.

She's searching for his grave to place a red rose on it.

Keith

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 338
« Reply #659 on: October 13, 2020, 11:08:59 am »
Thanks David, much appreciated. The inspiration for the woman came from some impressionist paintings. I've not seen The French Lieutenant's Woman.

The French Lieutenant's Woman is a book by John Fowles.  It was turned into a movie, featuring Jeremy Irons.  Not a painting ... in case you maybe thought it was a painting.

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 91
« Reply #660 on: October 13, 2020, 02:09:08 pm »

Many thanks, as always, for continuing share here Lynn.  When I can my Unread Posts and spot a new one here I go straight to it.

The harpsichord looks fabulous.  A new technique sounds like you are becoming a master craftsman/artist over there.

I am also happy so say I now know more about harpsichords after they featured in an episode of Howard Goodall's BBC Series Big Bangs.  A great series, informative and entertaining.

Thanks, David. I am pretty excited about the way it's looking. I should be posting a photo of the instrument on the stand soon. Next step is the lid painting, which should be really fun if I wasn't so nervous about it.

No, it will be fun.

I'll look for that program. Thanks for mentioning it.

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 91
« Reply #661 on: November 14, 2020, 12:49:59 pm »
Just checking in. I've been completely consumed with work, the pandemic, and the election (I'm sure the stress we're under is understandable to everyone) which is why I haven't been posting at all lately. I hope you're all well and making progress on your music.

I finished gilding the case. I'm quite pleased with it. I developed the technique myself after lots of experimentation. It's gotten good reviews from my coworkers, and they're not easy to please. My boss is considering having a professional player come to video a concert on it before we send it off. If that happens, I'll post it here. I've moved on to painting the lid Chinoiserie. I can't believe I am this person. I never could have believed this was what I'd end up doing.

Luckily, we're all still healthy at home and at work. Nate is coming in and keeping me company while I work, socially distant but close enough to hear the music I play for him, which is mostly Green Day. I ask him if he's going to get tired of them and he says "No!" With a laugh. I'm appreciating these days with him, as I expect we'll be locking down again soon.

Hoping everyone is staying well and has been having fun learning guitar.

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 91
« Reply #662 on: November 14, 2020, 12:59:08 pm »
Sorry to post again. It looks like my pics are fuzzy, so one more try.

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 338
« Reply #663 on: November 14, 2020, 01:08:01 pm »
Good to hear you are doing well, Lynn.

Your work is just magnificent. Sure it must look so much better to see through my own eyes rather than a photograph.

Hope you are managing to play some guitar every now and then, despite all the various business. I find it food for the soul.

Music wise, things roll along for me.  Since you took in my last original, I have re-mixed my first original applying all I have learnt since I first produced that.  Mix was so much better.  Then another go at This Years Love, a one and done take, which was also an improvement on the previous go.  Can't wish for better than to keep improving. Now I am just getting going with the next original.  KNowing me I will not get it released for Christmas shopping HA HA ... maybe an Easter special HA HA

Take care, stay well

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 160
  • Black country bloke, ijut intollerant 😂
« Reply #664 on: November 14, 2020, 03:14:19 pm »
Lynne, that looks just amazing, a masterpiece in fact! You are so talented and lucky to be let loose on such a great subject. I guess that you’ve learned a helluva lot from this project, yet more strings to your bow!
Still here, still learning - no longer letting Fibromyalgia get in the way, it sucks but doesn’t have to mean your life stops!

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 91
« Reply #665 on: November 15, 2020, 12:41:02 pm »
Thanks so much David. We are still playing guitar a couple of times per week. We used to play every day without fail. I think part of this is my fault. Having to learn so much for my job has left me a bit too tired. You are right that it's good for the soul. We need to get back to it, to make it a priority.

I'm really glad you're progress is going so well. It sounds like you're on quite an upswing. Enjoy that! Keep striving for the thing you can't do. You know you'll get there.

Darrell, thanks so much. Having someone think I've created a masterpiece is really amazing.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App