Author Topic: My art collaboration with diademgove  (Read 31641 times)

Online redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 75
Re: My art collaboration with diademgove
« Reply #345 on: March 24, 2019, 02:09:21 pm »
Sorry, Keith. Another one's gone sideways.

It looks like he's having a snack while watching TV. Haha.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Online redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 75
« Reply #346 on: March 24, 2019, 02:09:41 pm »
I think I like it better that way.

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 234
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #347 on: March 24, 2019, 03:54:43 pm »
Thanks Lynn

Another inspired by Bacon, Keith?  Basing that on my newly acquired knowledge that Bacon was into big open screaming mouths :)

And I am wondering what exactly is being snacked upon ... or maybe I don't want to know :)

And wondering about some of the anatomy as well :)

Offline diademgrove

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 45
« Reply #348 on: March 24, 2019, 03:58:29 pm »
Thanks Lynn

Another inspired by Bacon, Keith?  Basing that on my newly acquired knowledge that Bacon was into big open screaming mouths :)

And I am wondering what exactly is being snacked upon ... or maybe I don't want to know :)

And wondering about some of the anatomy as well :)

It was painted well before Bacon was born. Goya painted it on his dining room wall, allegedly. Saturn is eating one of his children.

Thanks for the comments,

Keith

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 234
« Reply #349 on: March 24, 2019, 04:10:13 pm »
It was painted well before Bacon was born. Goya painted it on his dining room wall, allegedly. Saturn is eating one of his children.

Thanks for the comments,

Keith

Goodness me, Keith.  I had a feeling that what was being eaten was a being of some description.  Not quite the thing I'd like on my dining room wall ...

Had a look at the original.  I'd say well done.  I think you got the feel of it, especially the expression in the eyes.  Still not quite sure about the left arm, something looks odd about to me.

Offline diademgrove

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 45
« Reply #350 on: March 24, 2019, 04:42:00 pm »
Goodness me, Keith.  I had a feeling that what was being eaten was a being of some description.  Not quite the thing I'd like on my dining room wall ...

Had a look at the original.  I'd say well done.  I think you got the feel of it, especially the expression in the eyes.  Still not quite sure about the left arm, something looks odd about to me.

I noticed that as well but decided to leave it as I'd drawn it because I thought it was funky. Warped just like his mind.

Thanks again,

Keith

Online redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 75
« Reply #351 on: April 19, 2019, 11:16:55 am »
The latest by Keith. It's called Bloomsbury Triangle (a study in the style of Francis Bacon). I hope I got that right.

I think it's very cool. I think it would be a good album cover.

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 234
« Reply #352 on: April 19, 2019, 12:42:51 pm »
Thanks for sharing, Lynn.

Keith, well I can recognise the Bacon-esque mouths this time round.  For the rest ... pretty strange looking image.  Have no idea what to make of this one :)

Offline diademgrove

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 45
« Reply #353 on: April 19, 2019, 02:53:31 pm »
Thanks for sharing, Lynn.

Keith, well I can recognise the Bacon-esque mouths this time round.  For the rest ... pretty strange looking image.  Have no idea what to make of this one :)

Join the club, I have the same reaction to Bacon's paintings. Unsettling and intriguing at the same time.

The paintings my reaction to my former boss' boss being declared surplus and facing redundancy.

Thanks for the comment,

Keith

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 234
« Reply #354 on: April 19, 2019, 04:27:48 pm »
Join the club, I have the same reaction to Bacon's paintings. Unsettling and intriguing at the same time.

The paintings my reaction to my former boss' boss being declared surplus and facing redundancy.

Thanks for the comment,

Keith

Thanks for more back-story.  I can relate to redundancy ... seems to be lurking around the next corner almost all the time and inspires "unsettling" for me.

Online redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 75
« Reply #355 on: April 19, 2019, 04:47:37 pm »
Thanks for more back-story.  I can relate to redundancy ... seems to be lurking around the next corner almost all the time and inspires "unsettling" for me.
That's why I paint harpsichords. I'll never be redundant.

Sorry if you're worried about your job security. I know that's nothing to joke about. But I suspect you can do anything you put your mind to. We've all seen that here. So perhaps rather than be worried, you should start thinking about what you'd love to do next, and start preparing. Maybe it could be a good thing. Sound engineering, maybe? Or rock star?

Sent from my [device_name] using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 234
« Reply #356 on: April 19, 2019, 09:16:26 pm »
That's why I paint harpsichords. I'll never be redundant.

Sorry if you're worried about your job security. I know that's nothing to joke about. But I suspect you can do anything you put your mind to. We've all seen that here. So perhaps rather than be worried, you should start thinking about what you'd love to do next, and start preparing. Maybe it could be a good thing. Sound engineering, maybe? Or rock star?

Oh you are the best, Lynn.  Can only laugh and smile (while nodding in agreement, at parts other than rock star :) )

Online redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 75
« Reply #357 on: April 20, 2019, 01:28:08 pm »
Here's my most recent painting. It's gouache on spruce. I made this before realizing I was going to Hull, and discovered everything is indeed funky there. No joke. I loved it. As an American, I felt very exotic when some cheeky little kids called me out from my accent. One of them offered to buy me for $1.05. I think that might be about the right price for me, but maybe $1 too much. Haha. But what a cool city. I got to see the building, which I'd painted from a photograph as a gift for Keith and his wife. They also took me to the home of the man the statue is of, so that was really cool, but kind of depressing. We walked around old town in the wind, saw the river, saw where the hull of the bounty was built, went to the art museum, and later saw a football match, where city won! I got a good taste of the city. I can see why Keith loves it there and calls it home.

Keith and I also got to play together, and managed to get a song started, which hopefully will end up as something we can post soon.

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 234
« Reply #358 on: April 20, 2019, 02:05:48 pm »
Sounds like a fine old visit, Lynn.

Like the painting.  Interesting effect painting it on wood.

Online redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 75
« Reply #359 on: April 24, 2019, 10:43:55 pm »
Here's a recent one by Keith, called sketch for the fall. It's gouache.

Keith, will you be painting this larger in acrylic or oil?

I'll be relieved if it posts. I've been having trouble all day.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App