Author Topic: Paul Davids beginner course  (Read 369 times)

Offline happygoat

• Good Vibes 0
Paul Davids beginner course
« on: November 16, 2020, 08:34:18 am »
Hi all,

I know tis might be a bit awkward to ask this question, but since this is a great forum, I hope it is ok.

I just want to know if any of you have tried Paul Davids beginner course. His videos are very nice, but his course is not free. How does it compare to Justins course?

Thx

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 338
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
Re: Paul Davids beginner course
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 08:45:23 am »
Needless to say, happygoat, the folk here are fans of JustinGuitar. Many, many, many folk have learned to play following his courses, as indeed I have. So it is tried and tested, superbly produced, by Jusin who is widely acknowledged and recognised for his work as an online guitar teacher.

But I can't say anything about Paul's courses. freedom of choice is yours. I can say somebody recently posted one of Paul David's videos here and I do watch a lot of his videos for infotainment.

What I would suggest is maybe taking a look at this video for an opinion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDeqMfMjvN0

Offline adi_mrok

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 28
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 10:34:31 am »
I have seen Paul on youtube and he is a great lad but (don't think it's the same course) music theory single level (and I think he has 3 of those) access costs like $199 whereas on Justin first of you get unlimited access for about £200 to all chapters on website and second if paying 200 seems to big for one off payment you can pay I think up to £20 for 6 months access which is something Paul is not offering as far as I am aware. Plus Justin is just brilliant with his lessons so there is really no need to buy lessons off someone else online, just watch free yt videos from Paul as an addition to what you have learnt from Justin :)

Sent from my SM-G973F using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 586
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2020, 10:41:53 am »
... I know tis might be a bit awkward to ask this question, but since this is a great forum, I hope it is ok.

It is uncool really. Justin does offer like a gazillion free things but also does this to make a living.

Paul Davids too of course.

But asking about Paul in Justin's forum ... I've moved it to chatting section anyway.

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 160
  • Black country bloke, ijut intollerant 😂
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2020, 10:59:24 am »
I’ve tried more or less most of them that you can find for comparison purposes only and being brutally honest about it I came to the conclusion that there’s nothing better anywhere to learn to play a guitar PROPERLY the courses are so well thought out and in conjunction with the community for encouragement and critique it’s unbeatable. Do yourself a big favour and just work at it instead of looking for something that you’re not going to find! If you don’t think it’s getting you going where you want to be take a look at yourself and be honest with yourself - are you really committed to learning how to play your guitar or do you just want to learn to play a few tunes (possibly badly)?
Still here, still learning - no longer letting Fibromyalgia get in the way, it sucks but doesn’t have to mean your life stops!

Offline happygoat

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2020, 11:51:51 am »
Thanks for all the input.

To be fair I would like to say that I am following Justin's beginner course and I am very happy with it so far, so I will probably just stick to that, because I like his style and encouragement in the videos.

It was more to get info about Paul's course and hear about the difference if anyone has tried it.

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 586
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2020, 11:53:55 am »
In that case, the video DavidP linked should give you good insight.

Offline happygoat

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2020, 12:04:09 pm »
Watching the youtube review of how the two courses stack up, I still think Justin's course is the right for me being a complete beginner. I really like the 1 min chord changes - it is really great to get the transitions correct. And the whole structure seems very well laid out.

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 160
  • Black country bloke, ijut intollerant 😂
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2020, 01:35:20 pm »
Watching the youtube review of how the two courses stack up, I still think Justin's course is the right for me being a complete beginner. I really like the 1 min chord changes - it is really great to get the transitions correct. And the whole structure seems very well laid out.
Good thinking! Now learn songs and record yourself and when you’re ready post for critique, you won’t get anything but good advice and encouragement!
Still here, still learning - no longer letting Fibromyalgia get in the way, it sucks but doesn’t have to mean your life stops!

Get The Forum As A Mobile App