Author Topic: My art collaboration with diademgove  (Read 23108 times)

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 64
My art collaboration with diademgove
« on: December 14, 2017, 01:44:17 pm »
Hi Everybody,

I hope it's okay to put these here. Keith and I have been expanding our collaboration from music into visual art. Since we met on this forum, I thought you might like to see what we're doing.

Keith planted the seed for these collages in my head when he made one on his computer for our song Sylvia Plath. After I saw it, I found some collages I had made back in the 90's that I had forgotten I'd done. It seemed like a sign that I found them then, and noticed our sensibilities once again meshed. As Digger pointed out, we are off the same page.

So, the way we make these is one of us starts them and mails them to the other, who completes them. Although the medium is collage, and Keith has been painting on them as well, a new venture for him. Actually, making art is completely new to him. I don't know how he fell through the cracks in school.

Thanks for checking them out, and any feedback is appreciated.

Lynn

Sent from my Life One X using Tapatalk

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 217
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
Re: My art collaboration with diademgove
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 05:26:00 am »
Thanks for sharing, Lynn.

Very interesting.  Kind of make me think Bosch or Dali ... but I am no student of art.

Looking at these I end up wondering where on earth the ideas come from and then what to make of it ... and I confess I end up not making too much more than "very interesting"  :)

May be inappropriate, should perhaps start a different thread ... or maybe this chat morphs a little ...

This is my favourite work from a brief foray into the art world ...

Offline diademgrove

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 45
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 10:15:10 am »
Hi David,

thanks for the comments.

The ideas came from some of the songs we did together. I just used one magazine, the Radio Times, and tried to find pictures in my head that went with the songs. The only one that wasn't a song was the LBJ one. I thought it was a great picture and the headline seemed to go with it.

I'm very impressed with your painting. Why did you stop?

Keith

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 64
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 11:00:45 am »
Thanks, David! If you got Bosch and Dali out of them, I'm very pleased. Your painting is beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I hope others will as well.

Keith, which song is Oscar and the Lion about?

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 217
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 01:41:05 pm »
I'm very impressed with your painting. Why did you stop?
Thanks Keith. 

It was a matter of time constraints and other interests getting priority. 

I started to get more and more into Toastmasters, which also took time out from the house in evenings.  I enjoyed the painting and it was something different but I found I was getting more benefit from Toastmasters personally. I also began to feel I was able to make a difference in mentoring and coaching other people, helping them overcome fears and build confidence.

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 217
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 01:45:46 pm »
Your painting is beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I hope others will as well.
Thanks Lynn,

Will be fun if others do the same.

I have another upload and easy to share.  The first was Table Mountain, famous landmark of Cape Town, South Africa (for the record).  This one is the last work I finished and is of the Namaqualand daises.  Also local to South Africa and bloom in a most spectacular show every year.

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 64
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 02:52:31 pm »

Wow, really beautiful, David. Thanks for sharing that. You are very skillful.

Lynn

« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 09:09:03 am by close2u »

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 217
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2017, 06:27:03 pm »
Wow, really beautiful, David. Thanks for sharing that. You are very skillful.

Lynn
Thanks Lynn. I had a good teacher and I just tried to follow her teaching. Hmmmm....much like here and following Justin's teaching on the BC. I think if one is open and willing to be taught and apply feedback then one can learn and achieve a lot.

Offline diademgrove

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 45
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2017, 07:34:22 pm »
Your teacher taught you very well. If any of my paintings come out half as good as yours I'll be well pleased.

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 217
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2017, 07:49:02 pm »
Your teacher taught you very well. If any of my paintings come out half as good as yours I'll be well pleased.
Thanks Keith.  When I think about it the parallels with learning guitar here are clear. I began with pencil drawing. Did 4 projects. Then worked with pastels, can't remember the number of projects...another 4 I think. Only after all that did I start with painting. So like the BC there was a lot of focus on basics first and took quite some time before I did these.  And I firmly believe that I am not naturally talented. Certainly as a young child in primary school none of the art teachers singled me out as talented.  So if you persevere I'm sure you'll make progress.

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 94
  • What was I doing?
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2017, 08:19:40 pm »
I love that sort of stuff, but my real love of art forms is of the Canal art, the art form used to decorating working canal boats (and now Leisure boats) my brother in law had a boat, these are a few things I made for him!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nyzjcxdUvBvFuuO1lpNjvl4F-ihRH4Qc
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1x_8PDpc0k6UJTu3rZiB0fT8MGaRLqtt6
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ahau0pUv6euNOyFHwiGbwtvV2w8qFpRm
My singing sucks so I’m learning Guitar and Ukulele, it’s fun 🌟

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 64
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2017, 09:01:42 pm »
@ DarrellW
Oh, that's lovely. That reminds me a little of the Russian laquerware my mother collected. Similar motifs, especially the flowers. I haven't heard of canal art before. It looks pretty timeless.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 09:09:32 am by close2u »

Offline TB-AV

• Honorable Ex-Mod
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 329
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2017, 12:55:35 am »
Must be something in the air. I've been gearing up to try my hand at some art.

I've bought a couple airbrushes and some supplies and things. Problem is now it's so cold I can't paint outside so I need to rig up some sort of exhaust.

I'm also going to try some pencil / charcoal drawing. Seems a lot of YT vids that have beginner instructions.

I have a couple guitars that are ready to be airbrushed though and I want to get started. But apparently the water based arylics I've got are bad juju as far as breathing the vapors. I'm building an exhaust fan / filter / hood but still needs venting which is the problem. Unless I get one of those little ceramic heaters and paint in the shed.

I've got a bad feeling my 'art' is going to look like a 2 year old did it but what the hell. 
Gone

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 64
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2017, 01:26:20 am »
@ TB-AV
Haha. I'm sure it will be excellent, and at least like a 6 year old did it. Please show us when you have something done. Especially the guitars! I want to see those.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 09:09:50 am by close2u »

Offline oldhead49

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 123
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2017, 04:29:18 am »
Lynn and Keith:  Now that's some different art form that actually reminds me of earlier days.  What a neat idea to collaborate like that.

David:  Looks like you've got some talent there too.  I could picture that in my house.

DarrellW:  Those are nice.  Reminds me of some things I saw in Amish country in PA not too long ago.

I dabble in photo art from time to time:

« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 05:03:14 am by oldhead49 »

Get The Forum As A Mobile App