Author Topic: Cheat Code?  (Read 228 times)

Offline dathansc

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
Cheat Code?
« on: December 06, 2017, 04:35:26 pm »
For those of us who got the app after 2 years in the website and books, is there a way to unlock the app levels thru the level we were on offline?  I’m a beginner, loving the appt for the playground, but I’m on stage 7, playing music on stage 6 (love that Playground) and working on pick/strum and chord changes for the introductory power chords in stage 7.   Do I have to go thru Stages 1-6 in the app? 

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 96
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
Re: Cheat Code?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 04:45:57 pm »
Not an app user but it sounds like a good opportunity to review the early stages and if you were up to speed, probably wouldn't take too long. Look at it like a mid 3/4 course consolidation  8)
BC Mar 2013 to Jan 2015 IM April 2015 to Mar 2016
Currently consolidating IM then Blues Rhythm & MTMS
https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/
TOBY JENNER’S CAS DE LA ROUTE / ROADCASE
https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537.msg339454#msg339454

Offline bigbl5

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 06:28:59 pm »
^^^^Wise Words Above^^^^
I will eventually play as well as David Gilmour - even if it takes me another 40 years.

Offline skinnyT

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 07:33:04 pm »
I thought the same as the OP. I  downloaded  the trial version to check things out and its not easy to do since everything is locked. I  sort of got round it by going to  the video lessons and then dragging the video pointer (at the bottom of the screen, which indicates where you are in the video timewise) to the end of the video. It takes a while but its not as long as watching everything.

Offline dathansc

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 01:56:25 am »
Thank you SkinnyT!  TobyJenner, I agree, but I’m doing that in the playground, not the lessons.  The Playground is the best tool I’ve found yet!

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 44
  • What next???
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 04:19:19 am »
Using a cheat code the only thing getting cheated is yourself!!! It’s a great way to make sure you have done the work properly and are really at that level, if you are it won’t take long to get to where you want to be 👍
Too much to list now, I have a bad case of GAS, UAS, and general ‘must have syndrome’
My bank account and Plastic live in fear!!!

Offline dathansc

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 06:20:58 pm »
All wise words.  However, one of Justin’s 10 principles is play what you don’t know, not what you know.  There’s a middle ground though!  In the song books, a lot of the beginner songs say something to the effect of “the actual song uses (bar chords, finger style, original key, more complicated strumming, etc) so after you learn _____ you might want to come back to this song and play it with _____.  In lieu of skipping over material that’s redundant, I’m going back and repeating the first stages with those examples from the books (e.g. Three Little Birds fingerstyle, or I’d Rather Go Blind with A and Bm).  It’s a good approach that incorporates your recommendations without violating the “play what you don’t know” principle from Justin.  Thanks all!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 09:14:50 pm by dathansc »

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 44
  • What next???
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 04:22:33 am »
That's a great approach, you're doing exactly the right thing!
I still play 3 little birds because I just love the simplicity of it; it's a great first song to learn that everyone knows and the feeling of being able to play something recognizable within a couple of weeks of starting playing is magical!!!
This is my favorite version of it and the way I currently play it, oh and ain't she just a babe ;)

Too much to list now, I have a bad case of GAS, UAS, and general ‘must have syndrome’
My bank account and Plastic live in fear!!!

Get The Forum As A Mobile App