Author Topic: The SKYPE Sessions ...  (Read 10945 times)

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 219
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
Re: The SKYPE Sessions ...
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2018, 09:27:30 pm »
Great SKYPE story David.
Glad that you found so much positive affirmation of what you are doing / can do / want to do.
 May your story, and all the skype stories, help inspire others too.

:)

;D

As LBro would say

ROCK ON

8)

Online hilts17

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 51
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2018, 10:01:08 pm »
Thanks for sharing the experience with the rest of us David. Sounds like a thoroughly enjoyable time and nothing less than what I would expect from Justin.
Martin D28
Seagull S6 Original
Seagull Entourage CW Black QI
Seagull Coastline 12 String
Yamaha Pacifica 112

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 219
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2018, 10:10:27 pm »
Thanks for sharing the experience with the rest of us David. Sounds like a thoroughly enjoyable time and nothing less than what I would expect from Justin.

Absolute pleasure, Hilts, and Justin was just as I observed him to be in those interactive videos with Lee (RutBusters and Captains Privates).  One of those moments that one wishes would never end  ;D

Offline Balamuthiah

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 49
  • Keep that one and mark it "Fab"! -Paul McCartney
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2018, 10:42:51 pm »
Nice one David! Makes me want to win a competition now! :) The E shape though. It is difficult probably because I'm not used to it. But I'm guessing it makes moves to C or Fmaj7 easier? Keep rockin'! ;) (LBro intended)

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 68
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2018, 01:18:25 am »
Yay! I'm glad you finally met him and had fun.

I can't wait to see how it affects your playing.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 99
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2018, 04:24:19 am »
Huge thanks to Justin, Richard and Lieven who maintain the Community and each and every one of you, my friends in music here, who continue to offer encouragement and feedback every time I share some music. 

Well said David.

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 60
    • YouTube
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2018, 05:03:46 am »
@DavidP, great story! Thanks for sharing and I'm sure it's a shot in the arm for you. Looking forward to hearing more great music from you moving forward.

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 94
  • What was I doing?
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2018, 09:15:31 am »
Really glad you had such a positive experience David, you definitely deserve it; you are a STAR ⭐️ Pupil after all 👍👍👍
My singing sucks so I’m learning Guitar and Ukulele, it’s fun 🌟

Offline PilgrimPod

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 13
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2018, 09:39:12 am »
you are a STAR ⭐️ Pupil after all 👍👍👍

Teacher's pet...  :P

Thanks for sharing the experience of your one to one. As a newbie only two months into BC it's encouraging to hear your experiences of the course and with Justin; he really does seem genuinely invested in those who are invested in his courses.

The cynic in me had reservations about starting an online guitar course that whilst was free had loads of additional bolt on material for a price. I guess the concern was it was a scheme to hook you and coerce you to part with cash to truly progress. Any doubts have disappeared these past few weeks.

That's not to say I want everything given to me for free. If something works I'll happily pay to support it, starting with Justin's amazing mobile app. :)

Justin has truly created something remarkable here with his courses, support and the online community he has nurtured. You guys rock too!  :D
25 Aug 2018 - BC started - Currently at stage 5

Offline embishop

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 77
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2018, 01:01:16 pm »
I just saw this, David, it sounds like an awesome lesson! Thanks for sharing so many details, it’s very inspiring. Re the specifics -

Justin suggested being focussed in my learning going ahead ... He suggest focus for 3-4 months then review and either continue or target differently, to avoid trying to work on too many things at the same time.

This is such great advice - for me! Lol

...  Thinking about it I realised that during my years and years of dreaming and not really learning, that what was missing (for me) was an effective structure and a place to play, so as not to be on my own.  Now I have both! ...

So very true 😃

... Huge thanks to Justin, Richard and Lieven who maintain the Community and each and every one of you, my friends in music here, who continue to offer encouragement and feedback every time I share some music.

I couldn’t agree with you more. Thanks for sharing with the Community, David.

Mari
Gretsch G5420T,  Epiphone SG400, Martin OMCPA5
Boss Katana 50, Boss RC-1 loop pedal
Yamaha Clavinova CLP-525 digital piano

Offline Barend

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 11
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2018, 02:12:58 pm »
Hi David.

I was looking fwd to this post as I was curious to see what advice you will receive directly from Justin.

I am also working currently on the E shaped barre chords and struggle with keeping the pinky close to the ring finger. I broke my pinky in rugby, so my pinky skews away from the ring. It is not too bad, but have to focus on controlling the pinky.

Using the pinky as anchor when fingerpicking is also good advice for me, I know about it but find it restrictive and get lazy..., so wil bring that in as well.

I can also identify with having to maintain focus on a few areas of learning.

These posts summarising the lessons are great as it highlights areas of improvement for all of us.

Tx for your effort.

Cheers
B

Sent from my [device_name] using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline Garfield

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 33
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2018, 08:54:10 pm »
Thanks for posting this DavidP a really interesting read with some excellent advice. I'm glad you had such a good lesson.

Sent from my [device_name] using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 219
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2018, 09:45:49 pm »
My pleasure to share what I picked up and delighted if some points have been helpful. Certainly was great fun, a memorable experience. I feel ever so blessed to have been given the opportunity.

Offline oldhead49

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 126
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2018, 10:40:12 pm »
Thanks for sharing all of that David. Sounds like you had a very enlightening session.  No doubt, it is well deserved. Congratulations again on this accomplishment in your journey.

Sent from my iPhone using JustinGuitar.com Forum

Offline brianlarsen

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 42
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2018, 12:33:26 pm »
Thanks for the Skype update, David.
I'm glad you had a fruitful and enjoyable session  :)

We all dream, but I had exactly the same thoughts as you, if my number came up-
What would I want to ask or get out of the session?

whatever questions I have in mind are either answered in lessons as I progress or here in the Community.
I pretty quickly decided that a chat about learning guitar and what music means to us would be the main focus and my excitement and experience would just boost my enthusiasm even more.
These descriptions of the skype sessions just confirm my impression of what comes across in his videos:
a really talented, sound guy with a positive attitude.

Cheers again for the review

Get The Forum As A Mobile App