Author Topic: 16th note strumming UP accents  (Read 131 times)

Offline Taylor414ce

• Good Vibes 0
16th note strumming UP accents
« on: October 03, 2017, 09:15:41 am »
Hi all, I've been learning for about 3 months now and something I'm really struggling with is whenever I do 16th note strumming and have to accent on an UP stroke for some reason I regularly miss the next downstroke? I am making good progress feeling the rhythm when I accent a downstroke (it's still not as I would like but I can feel what it's supposed to be like) but when I accent an UP stroke I very often either miss the next downstroke or the next downstroke isn't as it should be. Is this something others have experienced when they were learning? I appreciate different people found different things challenging but always interested to hear. My guitar teacher is excellent so I'm not freaking out but it is very irritating as I practice this a lot yet. I'm using my arm and wrist so there isn't anything fundamentally technically wrong with my strumming according to my teacher so is it just something which comes in time? I'm trying to also practice basic 16th note strumming with no accent quietly to develop better and more controlled dynamics.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App