Author Topic: At last I have something better than my phone!  (Read 610 times)

Offline batwoman

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 33
At last I have something better than my phone!
« on: September 17, 2017, 04:23:06 am »
I now have a H2n and I got it for a third of it's retail value. A friend of mine remembered he had this little recorder/mic sitting unused in a cupboard. He has a super duper recording system.

I can hardly believe the difference! My guitar now sounds beautiful, almost like a completely different instrument, and I don't sound quite so much like a sick sheep. I no longer have to do contortions eg balancing the phone on a pile of books so the phone would be near my face, while trying to hold my guitar away so it didn't sound so loud and tinny. I can hear what I'm doing so much better through the headphones, so that helps me hear what can be improved.

I've resisted getting any recording gear because I didn't want to have to get my head around the technicalites, but this little cutie is so easy to use.  Thankyou folks for your advise and encouragement.

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 61
  • You're always learning about guitars,Keef Richards
Re: At last I have something better than my phone!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 05:50:09 am »
That's wonderful, Batwoman.

Must say clearly the physiology of the common Aussie sheep must be quite different the local South African breed, since you sounded nothing like the plaintive bleating I've heard walking tge pastures .... despite recording limitations your singing still sounded fabulous.

Now I can look forward to even better quality.

Delighted for you, enjoy it.

Online redrhodie

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 41
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 03:19:30 pm »
That's wonderful, Batwoman.

Must say clearly the physiology of the common Aussie sheep must be quite different the local South African breed, since you sounded nothing like the plaintive bleating I've heard walking tge pastures .... despite recording limitations your singing still sounded fabulous.

Now I can look forward to even better quality.

Delighted for you, enjoy it.
Haha. Well put, David. 

Was the song for your friend with the mic, or before. You certainly don't sound like a sheep!

Sent from my Life One X using Tapatalk

Offline batwoman

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 33
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 05:10:03 am »
Was the song for your friend with the mic, or before. You certainly don't sound like a sheep!

Hi Lynne, Whining Fools was recorded on my phone. Now busy learning how to use my cool little recorder.

Offline Laila

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 31
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 09:13:33 am »
Awesome  :D Enjoy your new toy.
BC Stage 7 started August-ish 2017
Yamaha FS 720S Acoustic
Taylor GS Mini
https://soundcloud.com/laila_ph

Get The Forum As A Mobile App