Author Topic: music sheets on tablet  (Read 3696 times)

Offline embishop

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 72
Re: music sheets on tablet
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2018, 03:08:36 pm »
Thanks, I've got it on 2 devices now but am just going to use Dropbox to manage it online rather than buying that license. It worked for the first song I added! Anyway I'm glad this thread got started cuz I've been wanting to get everything organized. Should be a great tool.

M
Gretsch G5420T,  Epiphone SG400, Taylor 325ce, Martin OMCPA5
Boss Katana 50, Boss RC-1 loop pedal
Yamaha Clavinova CLP-525 digital piano

Offline Joerfe

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 106
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2018, 04:22:52 pm »
It still uses Dropbox to sync. The pc license only allows you to run the Songbook software on a pc which I think is better for typing a lot of tekst and if you need to do a lot of formatting.
/Jesper

Sigma SOMR28H, Fender Classic '50s Tele, Fender Std Stratocaster, Gibson lpj '14, BOSS Katana 100-212 amp.
Me on da Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jesper-j-rgensen-11

Offline stitch101

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 154
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2018, 04:34:58 pm »
I find it very handy. I jam with some friends every Thursday evening. It so easy to search for new songs with the app
and add them. We use to download them then print out a copy for everyone. Then edit using a pen.
If you search using Chordie there is a icon in the upper right to change song to Chord Pro format.
Makes it easy to edit in Songbook.
Another feature I really like is Tag. I can go the Thursday Jam section and all the songs we're working on are right
there, no need to scroll through the menu looking for a few songs.

Offline stitch101

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 154
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2018, 04:39:36 pm »
It still uses Dropbox to sync. The pc license only allows you to run the Songbook software on a pc which I think is better for typing a lot of tekst and if you need to do a lot of formatting.

I do all that on my pc using notepad in windows once you know the codes it's really easy. All the codes are in the drop down
window in the edit section of Songbook.
Save the file as a .txt file then send it to my tablet.

Offline Joerfe

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 106
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2018, 10:48:25 am »
I do all that on my pc using notepad in windows once you know the codes it's really easy. All the codes are in the drop down
window in the edit section of Songbook.
Save the file as a .txt file then send it to my tablet.

That’s a way to do it. I like having the interface on the laptop.
/Jesper

Sigma SOMR28H, Fender Classic '50s Tele, Fender Std Stratocaster, Gibson lpj '14, BOSS Katana 100-212 amp.

Offline BCDC

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 5
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2018, 12:37:06 pm »
I am curious to hear what type/size tablet people use for these programs? I experimented using an iPad mini and I had continual problems with the music not scrolling fast enough, or scrolling too fast. I tried to adjust the scrolling rate, but it was a pain in the butt to get it right every song. I assume that with a larger tablet like a 10’ish inch iPad or the 12’ish inch iPad Pro that this would be less of a problem because there is more real estate to work with. What do people use?

Sent from my iPad using JustinGuitar.com Forum

Offline Joerfe

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 106
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2018, 12:40:44 pm »
I’m happy wit 9.7” on my iPad3. Works great for Songbook.
/Jesper

Offline stitch101

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 154
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2018, 03:27:08 pm »
10" Samsung tablet. Works great and scrolling is not a problem.

Offline BCDC

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 5
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2018, 01:06:02 pm »
Thanks for the replies Joerfe and Stitch101. I tried Songbook on my wife’s 9.7 inch iPad and the scrolling was much less of a problem. I only tried 4 songs, but they were all pretty good ‘as is’, downloaded from the web,  without needing to edit them. I think the 10.5 inch iPad Pro should work nicely. But, I am going to wait until September to see if a rumored 11 inch iPad Pro will be released. The 12’ish inch iPad would be great, but it is huuuuuuuge and I can’t see myself using it for non-music applications. Thanks again for your help.

Sent from my iPad using JustinGuitar.com Forum

Get The Forum As A Mobile App