Author Topic: music sheets on tablet  (Read 690 times)

Offline Wheelin Rev

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 4
  • 4-String Convert In-Process
    • DAT Ministries
Re: music sheets on tablet
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2017, 01:08:34 pm »
My workflow:

- on the pc version I add songs we are going to play. Meaning copy/paste lyrics from the interweb.
- I usually copy the chords as well just for a starting point.
- then there is a little bit of work of putting chords in placeholders so that Songbook can work with them. This makes it easy to change key on the fly and whatnot. Takes about 5 minutes per song.
- I then play the song and make my own corrections to the chords, making notes on breaks and stuff like that.
- Everytime I save the bandmembers just have to update the songlist from back home. Then every new song and correction is in their songbook, and we are all practicing from that same master.
- During band practice we try different keys to make sure the singer is in a comfortable range of her voice. Very easy in Songbook to change keys throughout the song. I always bring my ipad.
- changes during the band session is not populated to the band because I'm a cheap bastard and do not have an ipad with a sim card.
- I note the changes in Songbook during practice and populate when I get back home.

We are not using the link via bluetooth functionality during band practice.
Some members are always low on battery and bluetooth drinks a lot of juice
Thanks for the explanation. Very informative!

Sent from my iPhone using JustinGuitar Community mobile app
Rev. David E. Hamm
Severn, Maryland, USA (Skype ---> PastorDATM)
Guitars and Amps:
1978 Fender Precision Bass (Sold 1987)
2016 Squire Affinity Strat HSS by Fender (January 2017) with Marshall Code 50 Modelling Amp and Fender Frontman 15G Amp

Offline dman2

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2017, 01:24:25 pm »
I have pickin and grinnin

Sent from my LG-E971 using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline Joerfe

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 92
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2017, 02:19:52 pm »
Thanks for the explanation. Very informative!

You're welcome.

I guess most of these apps are quite similar. You decide based on OS availability, price and recommendations. But basically, they all do pretty much the same.
/Jesper

Sigma SOMR28H, Fender Classic '50s Tele, Fender Std Stratocaster, Gibson lpj '14, BOSS Katana 100-212 amp.
Me on da Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jesper-j-rgensen-11

Online stitch101

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 132
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2017, 03:11:37 pm »
@Joerfe
do you have the latest update.

When you copy a song with chords you can change it to chordpro formate with one click of a buttom.
The one I'm using is for andriod on my tablet so it may be a little different than the pc version.
I search the web right from Songbook and click copy in Songbook. Hit the drop down in set up(the three little dots)
abd click on chordpro. It automatically changes the whole song and you can edit, change key etc.

@ Wheelin Rev. That the the one I'm using but the android version.

Online stitch101

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 132
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2017, 05:01:37 pm »
If anyone wants to learn more about writing out songs with chords in chordpro format used in most
programs that show lyrics and chords here's a brief explanation of how to do it with any word prossing
program. It's easy when you know the code.

https://www.chordpro.org/chordpro/ChordPro-File-Format-Specification.html

Offline Joerfe

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 92
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2017, 08:56:53 am »
When you copy a song with chords you can change it to chordpro formate with one click of a buttom.

Thanks Stitch.
I kind of forgot that feature which was a major feature for me when deciding on which app to get for this.
Just tried it out and it works great.
/Jesper

Sigma SOMR28H, Fender Classic '50s Tele, Fender Std Stratocaster, Gibson lpj '14, BOSS Katana 100-212 amp.
Me on da Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jesper-j-rgensen-11

Get The Forum As A Mobile App