Author Topic: max_mue's Road Case  (Read 2075 times)

Offline LievenDV

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 152
    • Point Fifty
Re: max_mue's Road Case
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2019, 12:41:24 am »
going great!
that's a hefty list already!
my band: fb: Point Fifty | Instagram: Point Fifty

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 65
    • YouTube
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2019, 02:54:17 am »
Congratulations! You're really letting 'er rip! Big time.

Offline sdd56

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 5
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2019, 09:49:58 pm »
Congrats Max - I remember watching one of your videos some time ago, and wondering why there was a blackboard full of formulae behind you - now I know!

An impressive set list. That Ben Howard track is one of my favourites, would love to hear your interpretation of it!
Started BC Sept 2016, currently on stage 8.
Acoustic: Yamaha F310, Washburn WD7, Freshman FA1AN
Electric: Yamaha ERG121, Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pro
https://soundcloud.com/user-372122422
aka Stan

Offline max_mue

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 43
    • YT-channel
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2019, 10:04:52 am »
Please excuse my delayed answer, and thanks so much for all of your kind words - you are incredible :) :)

I'll try to sum everything up:

And if we are lucky, maybe a mate will record some video of you performing, so we can get some sense of it.
I'll promise there will be recordings from my next open stage, a friend of mine has a short clip from the open stage, but I haven't seen the file yet :)

Also congrats on the academia front; you must feel like lots of things clicking into place.
Yeah, definitely! :)

CONGRATULATIONS Max on attaining your degree in Math! What are you plans now?
I attended some additional courses to get a degree in mathematics, my goal is to become a school teacher in mathematics and economics and in August/September are the last exams at university. After passing those there's a 'Referendariat' (I guess you could compare it to a medical clerkship) and another exam at the end of that.

The exam in August is pretty tough and there's a lot of studying to do (I'm already at it, part of the reason why I'm posting a bit less at the time). The parts of the exam are
-Algebra
-Calculus
-Didactics of Mathematics
-Microeconomics and Macroeconomics
-Business Administration
-Law (rather basic stuff)
-Didactics of Economics

It's basically an exam where you have to recap the essentials of 5 years at university ^^

Now back to the music :)
I wish you [...] a big buzz (not bad electricals) as to open your next chapter.

The gig yesterday was not that great, I was the first one to play and we had some issues with the electronics - it took 3-4 songs to spot the issue, but most of the people there were not at the stage during my slot, so it could have been worse ^^
So in conclusion it felt a bit more like an elaborated soundcheck than like a gig, but the people there were nice and the whole thing right now is about gaining experience anyway :)

The open stage at the Irish pub was definitely better :) There were about ~40 people and
More loud clapping, hootin' and hollerin'
than at the gig  ;D

I talked with one of the other musicians and we'll try to play one or two songs together, I think it'll work out fine :)

@sdd56: I made a short recording and will post an additional reply once it's uploaded :)

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 432
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2019, 10:09:48 am »
Hootin' & Hollerin'  8)

My degree was Economics & Statistics.
It eventually led to me becoming a teacher (once I took further qualifications) for over 28 years, more than 15 of those were teaching Maths.
Drop me a pm if you want any help / advice on that.

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 226
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2019, 10:26:49 am »
Wishing you everything of the best, Max, as you continue your life's adventures in music and education.

Offline max_mue

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 43
    • YT-channel
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2019, 11:21:08 am »
Thanks David and Richard, I'll keep it in mind! :)

@sdd: Here's a recording of the first verse/chorus: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pted2ih4uggo6sk/IMG_2869.MOV?dl=0
(you can see that the equations etc. are replaced now ;D)
I'm still working on the song (especially the fingerpicking) and testing some stuff, but that's where I'm at right now :) I'd love to cover the electric/original version, but I need a drummer for that ^^

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 226
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2019, 01:16:33 pm »
Love watching and listening to you play and sing, Max, gives me levels to aim for, to keep at it. 

Offline pkboo3

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 51
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2019, 04:17:59 pm »
Hey Max - just now delving into all the road cases. I’ve read a few snippets before recently but made no comments until now. Enjoyed catching up on your story. You are such an accomplished guitarist and still moving forward. So proud of you. Open mic performances, a new gig. The next one will be even better I’m sure. Congrats on your Bachelor’s in Math. Good work!

Sent from my iPhone using JustinGuitar.com Forum

Get The Forum As A Mobile App