Author Topic: 007 August Autumn Memory -original-  (Read 263 times)

Offline joanfafe

007 August Autumn Memory -original-
« on: August 12, 2017, 10:17:23 pm »
Hello! I'm new on this forum. I placed my (original) track there> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmFg97d3XL8

I played the electric and classical guitars there, as well as the (one finger  ;D) keyboard.

I learned on my early 20s and stop to play on my mid 20s cannot recall why... anyway, my daughter wanted to learn music and so I retook the guitar... and well such is the power of kids! now my daughter plays the trumpet and somehow the guitar and my son the piano...

Anyway I didn't realise really how much I forgot.... until I got serious again and followed the lessons from Justin and realised the work I need to do again!

So I leave this new track of mine.

If any of you are interesting on my song-writing and performance with a band in a studio (tracks are all original and written by me, recorded guitars are all mine  ;D) you can check them too (20 years back! I'm the one with the black Aria Pro guitar  :)) lyrics in Catalan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIGewRf0uLY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2lj3w6EtkY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIGewRf0uLY

Enjoy! and be good on all your comments  :)

(Mr.) Joan

Offline DarrellW

Re: 007 August Autumn Memory -original-
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 10:56:42 pm »
Really enjoyed it, well done and great production!!!
Good vibes!
Acoustic: Freshman Apollo 4OC, 1970 Tenada G703 classical.
Electric: Squire Classic Vibe 50's Tele; Vintage V6 reissued Strat.
Amp: Blackstar ID Core Beam. FX: Electro harmonix 720 Looper, Zoom 505 II, Bespeco Volume pedal

Offline joanfafe

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 11:05:48 pm »
Thank you DarrellW! You flatter me! thanks for the comment.

Joan

Offline redrhodie

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 02:02:19 am »
Oh, Joan like Miro. ☺ One of my favorite artists.

I also enjoyed it. I can't think of any criticism, just welcome to the contest!

Sent from my Life One X using Tapatalk

Offline DavidP

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 41
  • You're always learning about guitars,Keef Richards
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 06:29:22 am »
Lovely piece, Joan .... soothing and melodic. Above my play grade to offer any critique.  Just loved the vibe. Good job.

Offline kontenda

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 12:41:42 pm »
Welcome joanfefe,

I liked this. It is not what i would normally listen to - but I enjoyed it a lot -very melodic.
BC May 2015 - April 2016
Currently IM3

Offline Nosugrof

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 11:22:03 pm »
Agree on all points. Very nice production work, melodic, soothing and welcome to the contest.

Offline Garfield

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 01:24:03 pm »
Hi Joan

Not my normal sort of thing but obviously very well put together and proficiently played. 

Welcome

G

Offline embishop

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 08:06:37 pm »
This is a really nice piece of music, I enjoyed it. My input would be that the melody lines are a wee bit choppy, and if that's what you're going for then great, but you could also try a version that smooths out the lines. I also think the piece would be complemented by a Part II that had some deeper tones.

Offline joanfafe

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2017, 10:40:10 pm »
Dear Embishop! I'm sorry I didn't fully understand your comments...

What do you mean by choppy? If you mean a cut or edgy....... then you are right and I'd like to smooth them in the future, but my skills and production are limited  ???

Regarding the part II with deeper tones, well ... if you can elaborate a little bit more that, it'll be great...
Perhaps, if you could listen to my other piece https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIGewRf0uLY you'll find a combination of 'quiet' and 'rock' parts...... that would fit better I think... but I'm lacking of a band now..  :-\  :'(

You can post it here or else by private, as you wish, I'm really interested on your comments.

Really appreciate it, Embishop!

Please forgive my limited knowledge of English anyway

Offline joanfafe

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2017, 11:06:20 pm »
Hi Garfield, Kontenda, Nosugrof,  DavidP and redrhodie thanks for your comments,  my work not like Miro though but... keep working  ;)

Joan

Offline embishop

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2017, 01:19:58 am »
Hi Joan, I was meaning the smoothness of the connection between the notes, the playing, not really the production.  I did go and listen to your other YouTube link, and your band was quite good. I copied everything you had written into google translate do I think I got most of the description you wrote for your band.  What I meant by deeper tones is just some notes lower on the fretboard, as most of the guitar work in Autumn Memory is quite high on the fretboard. I really do like it though.  And also - you do fine in English!

Offline joanfafe

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2017, 09:51:23 pm »
Hi Joan, I was meaning the smoothness of the connection between the notes, the playing, not really the production.  I did go and listen to your other YouTube link, and your band was quite good. I copied everything you had written into google translate do I think I got most of the description you wrote for your band.  What I meant by deeper tones is just some notes lower on the fretboard, as most of the guitar work in Autumn Memory is quite high on the fretboard. I really do like it though.  And also - you do fine in English!
Hi Embishop, you are totally fair and right for the smoothness, it is the lack of skill of mine due to basically a one string performance (almost), I should check other positions... but I wanted to record it  ;)

Regarding the deeper tones, again you are so right and fair... I checked for some backing power chords that didn't work well, adding a bass simulator... not that good, full chords with a guitar... not working either, and after I came to the keyboard fill... which worked better, but not perfect, I totally agree with you....but the main theme shall be quite higher as the marking of a memory power thought over the background souvenir of the classical guitar.... that was my (I reckon now!  ???) my intention. I certainly shall consider to lower and 8ve lower... I'll let you know.

Many thanks for your comments!

Also, for the 20 years old track, thanks for listening! hope the translation from Catalan was good.

Offline pkboo3

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2017, 09:52:02 pm »
Very pretty music. Such talent!

Sent from my iPhone using JustinGuitar.com Forum

Get The Forum As A Mobile App