Author Topic: My struggle with the NHS!  (Read 12535 times)

Offline MrBumble

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 18
Re: My struggle with the NHS!
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2017, 05:49:32 pm »
I'm pleased to hear that it all went well. I have recently had the same, or similar, treatment for an issue in my left hand.

In my case it wasn't so much pain as a loss of feeling in the second, third and fourth fingers. It all came to a head when I dropped a bottle of wine in the local co-op and my wife wheeled me off to the doctor.

After the first two days I began to notice a real improvement and I'm now able to fret better than I could before the injection (not that that is saying much).

Good luck and I look forward to hearing you play and seeing your distinguished visage!

Guitars - Gretsch 5120, Ovation Celebrity, Revelation RJT60Q.
Pedals - TC Polytune 2, Mooer BluesCrab, Boss CE5 Chorus, Boss RC3 Looper, TC Flashback 2
Amplifiers - Fender Super Champ 25 SE, Laney A Fresco, Marshall G30R CD,

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 75
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2017, 10:04:30 am »
Well, I just got back from the hospital feeling a bit like a pincushion :)
It doesn't hurt so much but it should get better over the next few days as the steroids start to work.
The prognosis is OK, I should get a relief index from 10+ as it was down to a 4/5 as the steroids start to kick in; at the moment it's about 7/8.
I' m hoping that in the next couple of days I can start working on something to post - I feel that I need to now. I'm tempted to do one of my favourite solos first purely from the point of view that I more or less know it, just need to brush it up a bit and get it recorded. I'm going to try and get it on YouTube after my disaster with hosting from my Google drive so you should get to see my ugly mug ;)
TTFN....
Glad that it went well Darrell. Hope you're feeling much better.

Looking forward to hearing you play!

Sent from my Life One X using Tapatalk

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 238
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2017, 10:07:37 am »
Sounds good, Darrell ... hope it works even better than expected.  And I too look forward to hearing you in action.

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 99
  • What was I doing?
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2017, 06:11:44 am »
Well what can I say???
A bit of a double edged sword update!!!
I’m still in pain, the condition has morphed into being more “all body” but treatment is more simple.
This ebook amply describes the condition!
https://www.painscience.com/tutorials/trigger-points.php
I have now refused to take any more so called “Happy pills “ they made me ill and like a zombie 😬
Within3-4 days I was so full of wanting to get on with my life and live it to the full that my wife doesn’t know me anymore, she is gobsmacked and loves it 💖💖💖
My treatment is to be revised accordingly so we shall see - posts will be coming along soon - not sure yet when you get to see my ugly mug but I promise you will 👍👍👍
My singing sucks so I’m learning Guitar and Ukulele, it’s fun 🌟

Offline Joerfe

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 108
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2017, 07:09:57 am »
Thank you for that link, Darrell. As a Medical Massage Therapist I am a sucker for this kind of material.
I work with trigger points a lot, so I am not surprised that you find help through this.

I hope you get better soon!
/Jesper

Sigma SOMR28H, Fender Classic '50s Tele, Fender Std Stratocaster, Gibson lpj '14, BOSS Katana 100-212 amp.
Me on da Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jesper-j-rgensen-11

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 238
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2017, 07:10:52 am »
Wishing you the best Darrell !!

Offline Fox Cunning

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 63
  • You are reading this line of text.
    • SoundCloud
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2017, 08:40:52 am »
Good luck with your treatment, Darrell. Get better soon!

Online close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 439
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2017, 10:25:33 am »
Thoughts are with you Darrell and glad that something, somehow is working. :)

Offline willsie01

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 5
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2017, 11:45:18 am »
Fantastic that you have a solution after so long
I have also been in a position where I had to do my own research to come up  with a solution to a health issue and then pay pay privately.
On the other hand I have a son who is a young doctor paying his dues as an “F2” in an NHS hospital. His partner is a year ahead of him: an ”F3”. I know how hard they work; the hours they do; the type of work they have to do; how much study they had to do and will continue to do throughout their careers.

Conversation at the dinner table recently when he came home to visit. Mother to son: “how was your day today?” Son reply to mother: “had my finger up old people’s bottoms mainly.”
Food for thought on the lives of our highly educated. Expensively trained medical staff. We should look to enable them in what they do for us.

Sent from my iPhone using JustinGuitar.com Forum

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 75
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2017, 01:40:50 pm »
Really great news, Darrell. I hope you continue to improve, and that the pain subsides completely. I wish you the best. I'm so glad you're playing and obviously having fun again. Really great to hear.

Lynn

Sent from my Life One X using Tapatalk

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 99
  • What was I doing?
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2017, 12:33:26 am »
First of all thank you everyone for your kind comments, yes it's been a long road to get some sense out of it all but I'm really so much better now!
In the past 3 weeks I've got more done than in the rest of the year!!!
I'm living my life like a must do bucket list and bu993r the circumstances (BMW M3 V8 maybe ;) )!!!

Thank you for that link, Darrell. As a Medical Massage Therapist I am a sucker for this kind of material.
I work with trigger points a lot, so I am not surprised that you find help through this.
I hope you get better soon!
You might be able to give me a bit of help here, are there any particular essential oils good to use in the massage oil?
At the moment I'm trying a blend of Clary sage, Geranium and Camomile in an Almond oil base?

Offline Joerfe

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 108
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2017, 06:13:47 am »
You might be able to give me a bit of help here, are there any particular essential oils good to use in the massage oil?
At the moment I'm trying a blend of Clary sage, Geranium and Camomile in an Almond oil base?

To be honest I never use oils for treatment. I do use an almond oil for general purpose but only for it’s natural good properties in terms of being not too thin, it is not too sticky and it is easy to dose.
Happy to help en any other way, though.
/Jesper

Sigma SOMR28H, Fender Classic '50s Tele, Fender Std Stratocaster, Gibson lpj '14, BOSS Katana 100-212 amp.
Me on da Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jesper-j-rgensen-11

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 99
  • What was I doing?
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2017, 05:37:22 am »
I have an update, for my Christmas and Birthday I’m going to have private treatment for the condition, I’ve found locally someone who is very experienced in the treatments for my condition.
She was an NHS employee but became disillusioned with their policies on frequency of treatment allowed! After a long conversation with her it seems that the time they expect you to wait between treatments is not conducive to how effective the treatment is likely to be.
Her charges are very reasonable so basically I’m definitely up for it - I really enjoy a massage anyway! which is the main element of the treatment, here’s hoping I’m going to be on top form soon 🤣🤣🤣
Watch this space!!!

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 238
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2017, 06:25:23 am »
That sounds really encouraging, Darrell ... hope it works out well

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 99
  • What was I doing?
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2017, 05:50:55 am »
An update, well what can I say!!!
The first appointment was yesterday, about 45 mins of questions and answers, things became logical about what I was feeling and how it most likely originated, it was like switching a light on!!!
Then the treatment, it’s called Myofascial release, it’s basically very gentle hands on manipulation of the tissues surrounding the muscles. The tissues get over tensed and knotted, this is the main cause of this pain, trigger points are part of this but just treating them is treating the symptoms not the cause, it’s going to be a slow process but after the first treatment I have had the best sleep for a l o n g while and not winced in pain trying to get out of my bed, it’s very encouraging 👍👍👍

Get The Forum As A Mobile App