Author Topic: Squier Affinity Tele Jack Plate  (Read 306 times)

Offline YearninLearnin

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
Squier Affinity Tele Jack Plate
« on: July 24, 2017, 04:56:46 pm »
I want to replace the jack plate on my affinity tele. I would like to put one of those circular cups on there like an ElectroSocket but is there a way to do so without having to rewire anything like that? I dont have the tools and never did solder or anything like that before. Maybe theres a better jack for it or time to learn how to do that kind of stuff?

Offline TB-AV

• Honorable Ex-Mod
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 324
Re: Squier Affinity Tele Jack Plate
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 05:04:21 pm »
No, you have to un-solder the wires then re-solder to the new jack.

It is --very-- easy to learn how to solder simple connections such as this.

There are tons of YT vids that teach "how to solder".

You can purchase an inexpensive iron for this.

Nothing about the guitar is free. If you want to mod it you have to learn some skills. If you want to play it you have to learn some skills.

The skill you desire is one the most easily learned and requires the least monetary investment.
TB-  SOUNDCLOUD
HexaramaQuadraFunk© -- HeXMoD©

Offline YearninLearnin

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 04:00:20 pm »
Thanks for the reply, I looked at some videos on soldering, it doesnt seem to be too hard, it looks like I would have to follow the same procedure if I want to change the volume and tone as well as that little switch which doesnt seem to be as stable, and it gets in my way at times. Solder kits are ridiculously cheap as well. As for the jack plate, I might end up getting a metal replacement for it (the square shaped one) because if I install something like an ElectroSocket, the 4 holes will still show.

Offline TB-AV

• Honorable Ex-Mod
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 324
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 04:13:08 pm »
Yep, same thing. Learn a few simple skills and you can do all the insides of a guitar.
TB-  SOUNDCLOUD
HexaramaQuadraFunk© -- HeXMoD©

Get The Forum As A Mobile App