Author Topic: David P's Road Case  (Read 49830 times)

Offline sdd56

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 5
Re: David P's Road Case
« Reply #200 on: December 19, 2020, 09:05:56 pm »
An interesting read as usual David.

I note you often mention self doubt and perceived lack of progress, all I will say is that you started at about the same time as me, and you are now streets ahead of me!
Started BC Sept 2016.
Acoustic: Yamaha F310, Washburn WD7, Freshman FA1AN, Taylor GS Mini
Electric: Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pro
https://soundcloud.com/user-372122422
aka Stan

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 419
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #201 on: December 20, 2020, 07:20:21 am »
glp, Glen, RFW, sdd,

I appreciate the reading and replies, the encouragement, and your appreciation for me sharing my story.

I guess we are all that mixture of aspiration, satisfaction, and doubts as we progress. And I'm gratified if my story in any way helps you as you progress.

Keep on keeping on  8)
Began the adventure Dec 2016 expecting little, achieved more than I imagined, and now I'm a happy advancing beginner
Road Case: https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=41958.0
My Music: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2X_TlNs7agW-U0EBCDdbw

Offline embishop

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 124
  • Guitar-Goddess-In-Training
« Reply #202 on: December 24, 2020, 04:06:22 am »
4 years on the JG Forum, and you really are an All Time Legend! :) Chasing a more gentle trajectory than a BHAG is working out very well for you, you're a fine musician, David. Here's to 2021, continuing the journey, continuing to inspire and be inspired.

Mari
“To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.” ― Ludwig van Beethoven

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 419
« Reply #203 on: December 24, 2020, 04:11:52 am »
4 years on the JG Forum, and you really are an All Time Legend! :) Chasing a more gentle trajectory than a BHAG is working out very well for you, you're a fine musician, David. Here's to 2021, continuing the journey, continuing to inspire and be inspired.

Mari

Thank you so much, Mari, what a wonderful wish.
Began the adventure Dec 2016 expecting little, achieved more than I imagined, and now I'm a happy advancing beginner

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 419
« Reply #204 on: February 13, 2021, 08:13:11 am »
#22 Funny how it goes, just going as it flows

In wrapping up my 4th JGversary post I looked ahead and then plan was summed up as:

I look forward to continuing to play and sing, work on my finger-style and blues playing, produce more original songs, and maybe some opportunities to collaborate and produce some songs with folk here will present (I do enjoy the mixing and mastering).

And all went according to plan for the next couple of weeks. I keep working on a few songs, towards another episode of Songs From The Playroom, and focused finger-style learning on a simple (but still a stretch) arrangement of Deck The Halls to be entered in the JustinGuitar Forum Festive Season contest.

I duly entered with an as-good-as-I-could-learn-in-the-timebox performance. The contest was a success in terms of the quality of the entries, be it my best effort or the pro-quality entry that ultimately won but a disappointment in terms of the number of entries. Something for Justin's team to think about for next time.

The limited number of entries played into my hands: I received an honourable mention and a reward for entering, viz. a Guitar Pro 7.5 license.

And then the unexpected happened ...

A number of folk here have encouraged me to work on my singing, that it has potential. My brother had begun to tell me in response to my last couple of recordings that he thought I was starting to sound like somebody starting to learn to sing, to become that Neil Young-esque singer-songwriter, rather than somebody growing as a guitar player and singing along for the sake of the song. I'd begun to try a little Doh Ray Me over the major scale as part of my guitar time.

And then I got an email offering me a discounted price on Chris Liepe's Discover Your Voice course. At the same time a few Forum Friends had signed up. A case of that old adage "when the student is ready, the teacher will arrive" playing out.

So I signed up and began the course. This Forum is all about guitar, our learning, our support of each other as we study as students of Justin, so I will not expound on the course. In fact my initial thoughts had been to keep quiet and one day, when I am ready, to return to AVOYP, a better (hoping with confidence and optimism) singer ... much to your great surprise.

Then I got to thinking some of you may be wondering why I am not recording and sharing, what is going on, so have opted to share now.

For the same reason, I decided to delay re-mixing my original David's Summer Songet, until I have completed the course. The vocal never quite worked. I mashed up the lyrics to be able to sing over the chords and the poem no longer scanned, the melody was a little monotone. I hope in due course that I can tweak those lyrics and produce a far better vocal performance. It may still end up as an idea that never quite works, but should be a better rendition.

The same goes for the originals I was starting to work on.

From a finger-style perspective, I'd been reminded on Justin Johnson's (Richard/Lieven, I think this is OK but sensitive to focus of the Forum, so you can delete the reference if not appropriate) simple finger drills to help develop control and dexterity of the right-hand fingers. When learning Deck the Halls my right pinky, which serves as an anchor, started to feel some stress during the longer sustained practicing. So I have started every music session doing the drills without the anchor. I think eventually anchoring my hand position by using the forearm on the guitar body will allow for smoother blending of fingerpicking and strumming ... we'll see.

About this time, Maggie aka Batwoman started a conversation about rhythm. Cut a long story short, it felt like the right time to refocus on strumming. I acquired the Strumming Techniques programme and have begun to refresh 1/8 note strumming, to work again on foot-tapping, with the intention to now turn my attention to 1/16 note strumming. We'll see how that goes.

So I feel I have gone off to a proverbial mountain retreat, to focus for a while on some learning, without a drive to learn, rehearse, and perform songs. I have a couple I am playing as part of guitar time, for fun and to apply learning, both playing and singing, so I'll be ready to record songs in due course.

And the day I made that decision another opportunity presented. And funny how it goes, having Guitar Pro was such a benefit in working on this project. And when a great opportunity presents, you just gotta go with the flow. Will say nothing more about this for now ... good to leave a little unsaid to create some tension that will resolve when all is revealed  ;)

Funny how it goes, but I'll go with the flow and see what happens, enjoying the adventure, and confident that I can only continue to improve as I apply myself the tortoise way ... slow and steady.

My YouTube Channel

Gear

Guitars: Fender Paramount PM-1 Deluxe | Honer Resonator | Epiphone LP Standard Pro | Celebrity CC67 (Nashville strung)
Amp: Blackstar ID15:TVP
Pedals: TC Helicon Play Acoustic
Mics: Samson CO3 | AKG D5 | Shure 545SD Unidyne III
AI: Focusrite Scarlet 2i2
Software Tools: Reaper | Guitar Pro

My Original Songs

No Regrets
Voices of Vincent Blue Beast
Free
Two To Midnight
David’s Summer Songet
Dear Johnny Blues
Song For Lesley

RC Index

Here are links to my RC updates, from latest to first. Some of the posts include links to recordings that were shared on SoundCloud, which have been deleted to make space.

#21 My 4th JGversary
#20 5000th Forum post and 4 keys to learning
#19 My 3rd JGversary
#18 First Open Mic and setting up the music room
#17 My 2nd JGversary
#16 First live performance
#15 First two originals and winning the Forum Contest
#14 18 month update
#13 My 1st JGversary
#12 Going beyond my dreams
#11 September songs and success
#10 RC up to date, 8.5 month reflection
#9 A severe attack of GAS
#8 It’s not a linear journey
#7 Consolidation, Forum Contest, and BC Stage 4
#6 The onset of GAS
#5 Joining the Community and my first recordings
#4 Playing where other people were around
#3 Beginning Justin’s BC
#2 Starting the guitar adventure
#1 Discovering a love of music

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 680
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #205 on: February 13, 2021, 08:34:49 am »
You always manage to capture your progress, aims and sense of where you are so well David. :)

Offline tobyjenner

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 287
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #206 on: February 13, 2021, 10:53:25 am »
David

I can't believe I missed your update back in December, man it makes a great read and is testimony to your progress. Like Roscco/Jason said at the time I can see the similarities, for me it was after the IM. I would lay out my BHAG with all good intentions, then a song learning project would crop up or a collaboration invite would arrive and all bets were off. So you are not the only one. Like you I have decided to get more focused in that respect this year. We just need the discipline.

And I can't wait for you to come down the mountain grasshopper. Those RUST lessons will serve you well and perhaps widen your song choice. As a fellow Liepe student I know you will also come back with better stronger vocals.

So try and remain on point and focused (that's the hardest thing) and work your way through each set of skills. Can't way to see the end result.............but its never the end is it. A new chapter will open and like the rest of us you'll be off down another rabbit hole but these are the ones with the buried treasure.  ;)

Be safe and well, take care.

Cheers

Toby
 8)
Here since Mar 2013 Completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM, MTMS Still on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/   
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2wcjHmnrFuQyom6tqUtdrQ
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537

Offline sairfingers

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 128
  • 󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿“Keep that one, mark it fab”. Paul McCartney.
« Reply #207 on: February 13, 2021, 11:13:28 am »
Another great read David. I look forward to you emerging from your ‘sabbatical’ back onto AVoYP with tweaked vocal chords and picking skills.

“.....good to leave a little unsaid to create some tension that will resolve when all is revealed”. I can’t wait!
Studying Intermediate Course. Pickin’ an’ lickin’….😎
Martin D28 : Gibson SG : Boss Katana 50
Road case : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=48801.0

Offline adi_mrok

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 110
« Reply #208 on: February 13, 2021, 01:26:47 pm »
Great stuff David that you have a strong sense of what you want to achieve and you firmly step right into upcoming challenges with your head held high. Can't wait for your next video so I hope to hear what CL training did for you, I could already hear that it helped Toby so if you get a benefit of it too then it's a no brainer for me to follow it one day too! Meanwhile I wish you all the best in your learning process :)

Sent from my SM-G973F using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 206
    • YouTube
« Reply #209 on: February 13, 2021, 03:45:12 pm »
I have a lot of respect for your planning and stick-to-it-ative-ness. My musical "things" are just what I call spinning plates, and at some point the plates either come into play or crash to the floor. It would be great to be this organized.

Looking at your guit list (specifically the resonator) reminds me that a little bit of GAS has kicked in. I'm looking at pulling the lever on a Rogue Resonator. They can be had here for $250 US. It's a minor GAS bubble at the moment, maybe the urge can be held in check by mucking around with slide. Anyway, onward and upward, and good luck with your plan!

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 419
« Reply #210 on: February 14, 2021, 07:44:45 am »
Richard, Toby, Gordon, Adrian, Clint:

Thanks for reading ... always good to know what is written has been read, even though I write it as much for me as for others.

And as I continue to repeat myself ... it is the interaction here in this Forum with Justin's programmes that is the difference that made the difference and enabled me to finally stick with the programme.

You always manage to capture your progress, aims and sense of where you are so well David. :)

Appreciate that. I think writing it down helps me to get my own thinking clear and focused. These posts usually get written after a period of thinking and reflecting over a number of days.

And the power of "putting it out there" can't be under-estimated.

David

I can't believe I missed your update back in December, man it makes a great read and is testimony to your progress. Like Roscco/Jason said at the time I can see the similarities, for me it was after the IM. I would lay out my BHAG with all good intentions, then a song learning project would crop up or a collaboration invite would arrive and all bets were off. So you are not the only one. Like you I have decided to get more focused in that respect this year. We just need the discipline.

And I can't wait for you to come down the mountain grasshopper. Those RUST lessons will serve you well and perhaps widen your song choice. As a fellow Liepe student I know you will also come back with better stronger vocals.

So try and remain on point and focused (that's the hardest thing) and work your way through each set of skills. Can't way to see the end result.............but its never the end is it. A new chapter will open and like the rest of us you'll be off down another rabbit hole but these are the ones with the buried treasure.  ;)

Be safe and well, take care.

Cheers

Toby
 8)

Toby, I guess the thing with me is that I actually never set those BHAGs at all. I have determined a path and then slow and steady walk the road. It does help me to declare that path in public.

I am reasonably disciplined, and perhaps because I feel no pressure to reach any particular BHAG, rather just happily enjoy the adventure day-by-day, I don't get all intense about my routine, just go with the flow.

Great stuff David that you have a strong sense of what you want to achieve and you firmly step right into upcoming challenges with your head held high. Can't wait for your next video so I hope to hear what CL training did for you, I could already hear that it helped Toby so if you get a benefit of it too then it's a no brainer for me to follow it one day too! Meanwhile I wish you all the best in your learning process :)

Adrian, I can already testify that the Chris Liepe course is working for me. I could probably already record songs and the improvement would be audible. Just busy with other things, so that'll wait. But I can share that yesterday after practice I was flipping through my flipfile of songs and stopped on Ruby Tuesday. And the chorus that previous was physically tiring, that left me breathless, could be sung relaxed, without effort.  And that is as a result of the gains made during the first third of the course. Look it works for me and everybody is different but based on my experience I'd say it is like Justin's BC for my singing and worth a look when you are ready.

Another great read David. I look forward to you emerging from your ‘sabbatical’ back onto AVoYP with tweaked vocal chords and picking skills.

“.....good to leave a little unsaid to create some tension that will resolve when all is revealed”. I can’t wait!

;D Just may take a while ... pace of the project is my usual tortoise pace  8)

I have a lot of respect for your planning and stick-to-it-ative-ness. My musical "things" are just what I call spinning plates, and at some point the plates either come into play or crash to the floor. It would be great to be this organized.

Looking at your guit list (specifically the resonator) reminds me that a little bit of GAS has kicked in. I'm looking at pulling the lever on a Rogue Resonator. They can be had here for $250 US. It's a minor GAS bubble at the moment, maybe the urge can be held in check by mucking around with slide. Anyway, onward and upward, and good luck with your plan!

Thanks Clint.

I love the plate spinning metaphor. I guess my approach is to start spinning some plates but to keep it to just a few. Then slow and steady, enjoy the journey rather than obsess about the destination. But once I have started the plates spinning then I just go with the flow and am not one who takes notes, records metrics, is drawn to the Practice App. Some days I get into bed and it dawns on me that I forgot to practice some things I intended to practice when practicing.  So it is a gentle meandering walk down the road, while trying to avoid tempting sideroads.

Resonator looks great. Look forward to hearing you mucking around with a slide and exploring some bluesy rock.  And if you pick up that resonator, I reckon you'd deliver an ace rendition of Romea and Juliet!

Offline brianlarsen

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 152
« Reply #211 on: February 14, 2021, 03:53:02 pm »
Always read your rc, David- even if I don't get round to commenting.
Hats off for discipline/organisation.
Long after you're gone, moderators in the future will have this thread pinned to the top of the Beginner's Board as to how to make the best use of the site/forum  ;)
Meanwhile- get back to playin'!

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 419
« Reply #212 on: February 15, 2021, 08:17:54 am »
Always read your rc, David- even if I don't get round to commenting.
Hats off for discipline/organisation.
Long after you're gone, moderators in the future will have this thread pinned to the top of the Beginner's Board as to how to make the best use of the site/forum  ;)
Meanwhile- get back to playin'!

Thank you, Brian, appreciate the comment.

As for playing ... rest assured, plenty playing and practicing happening, but recording ... that's on hold for the moment. The moment will come when I decide "today's the day" and as is my way, I have no plan and set date, no deadline. It will just happen exactly when it is meant to happen ... like a wizard's arrival ... and hopfully there'll be some magic and fireworks.

Offline brianlarsen

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 152
« Reply #213 on: February 15, 2021, 09:34:49 am »
It will just happen exactly when it is meant to happen ... like a wizard's arrival ... and hopfully there'll be some magic and fireworks
I look forward to the transformation of David the Grey into David the White... LOL/LOTR  :)

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 419
« Reply #214 on: February 15, 2021, 09:38:00 am »
I look forward to the transformation of David the Grey into David the White... LOL/LOTR  :)

LOL maybe David the Brown more appropriate  ;D

Offline Rossco01

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 141
« Reply #215 on: February 15, 2021, 10:24:46 am »
Always good to read David and I admire your structured approach. I'm certainly nowhere as near structured...although I feel I'm still learning and improving so I'm not too worried at the moment AND I already allocate a lot of time to guitar so can't really squeeze any more in without impacting other things I like or need to do!

I'll be tracking your progress on the vox course....it's peaked my interest and I did take a quick look when Toby posted. I've never done any proper vox training but as with everything it would be interesting to see what it would add. I will take a look at the free intro lessons I think.
Epiphone DR500MCE, Pacifica 112V, HB Tele, PRE SE Custom, Katana 100, Trio Plus, Line 6 PodGo mfx
My Band: https://www.facebook.com/retrospectivemusicuk/
Follow me on >> https://soundcloud.com/rossco01
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHlzgAndj0A

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 419
« Reply #216 on: February 15, 2021, 01:59:14 pm »
Always good to read David and I admire your structured approach. I'm certainly nowhere as near structured...although I feel I'm still learning and improving so I'm not too worried at the moment AND I already allocate a lot of time to guitar so can't really squeeze any more in without impacting other things I like or need to do!

I'll be tracking your progress on the vox course....it's peaked my interest and I did take a quick look when Toby posted. I've never done any proper vox training but as with everything it would be interesting to see what it would add. I will take a look at the free intro lessons I think.

Thanks very much, Jason, appreciate your support and comments.

I think my approach was pretty similar to yours, for the last while mostly focused on learning by playing songs ... what we can call BC Consolidation to sound structured  ;)

Your vocals seem to be coming on well, again by performing songs. I figured I could do with a little more structure on that one. And as I said in my reply to Adrian, I can see some improvement having completed the first third. So certainly proving to be a worthwhile investment in time and money (about $90 when I signed up). The free course will give you a sample of some of what is covered in the first few weeks. 

Offline pkboo3

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 73
« Reply #217 on: February 15, 2021, 05:59:10 pm »
BHAG!  LOL!  So how do you pronounce that Acronym?  Hehe! 

I notice you mentioned the Practice App. I took to it pretty well myself. I’m one who has to take notes also.

But anyway, I finally got around to reading your last two RC entries. Another interesting read. Your path is steadily heading in the right direction. Your decision to take the singing lessons is really inspiring to me and, I notice to others. 

You are an admirable mentor, I expect, to several people.

Sent from my iPhone using JustinGuitar.com Forum

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 175
  • Well I am working on it.
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #218 on: February 15, 2021, 07:34:11 pm »
Keep up the good work in word, play and vox. Creating in song is a life long endeavor and one you are steadily improving upon. Looking forward to you 1st open mic as I feel it will be well received! Never hurts to work on the vox and up the skillset there.

All the best,
LB
You can rock a bit here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNOrtongjfX4RI33JWKwn7Q/featured

"I just experiment in guitar and music, at times something good comes of it..."
LB

Offline markd85

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 12
« Reply #219 on: February 15, 2021, 11:09:26 pm »
Hi David
Totally understand about taking a break from recording....but I do miss it!  :)
Mark

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 419
« Reply #220 on: February 16, 2021, 03:41:25 pm »
BHAG!  LOL!  So how do you pronounce that Acronym?  Hehe! 

I notice you mentioned the Practice App. I took to it pretty well myself. I’m one who has to take notes also.

But anyway, I finally got around to reading your last two RC entries. Another interesting read. Your path is steadily heading in the right direction. Your decision to take the singing lessons is really inspiring to me and, I notice to others. 

You are an admirable mentor, I expect, to several people.

LOL ... BHAG pronounced Be-hag.

I am glad if sharing some of my activities is inspiring or encouraging. I think we can all do with the Forum's encouragement ... learning guitar on your lonesome is a tough nut to crack for most folk, I think.

Very generous and touched by your comment about me being a mentor.

Keep up the good work in word, play and vox. Creating in song is a life long endeavor and one you are steadily improving upon. Looking forward to you 1st open mic as I feel it will be well received! Never hurts to work on the vox and up the skillset there.

All the best,
LB

Thanks for the encouragement and all the support, LBro ... you've helped me so much with suggestions and pointers.

Now I shouldn't be setting up the expectations too much, always better to under-promise and over-deliver. But yes, I am hoping that the next Open Mic will be well received with recognition of improvement made ove the time away.

Hi David
Totally understand about taking a break from recording....but I do miss it!  :)
Mark

Thank you, Mark, very generous to be missing my efforts. Luckily there are many others sharing so plenty to listen to, enjoy, and take inspiration from.

Offline embishop

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 124
  • Guitar-Goddess-In-Training
« Reply #221 on: February 22, 2021, 10:58:21 pm »
David, I so admire your easy going way of going with the guitar flow and making huge strides in musicianship without the stress of a set timeframe for achieving goals. You clearly have a disciplined and structured approach to learning without getting bogged down in, well, everything! I could definitely learn something here ...

And of course you’ve piqued my interest for what’s going on, so now will look forward to the big reveal!

And good on you for expanding your interests into vocals. You have a lot of promise there I think. 😀
“To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.” ― Ludwig van Beethoven

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 419
« Reply #222 on: February 23, 2021, 05:45:35 am »
David, I so admire your easy going way of going with the guitar flow and making huge strides in musicianship without the stress of a set timeframe for achieving goals. You clearly have a disciplined and structured approach to learning without getting bogged down in, well, everything! I could definitely learn something here ...

And of course you’ve piqued my interest for what’s going on, so now will look forward to the big reveal!

And good on you for expanding your interests into vocals. You have a lot of promise there I think. 😀

Thanks for the encouraging and generous comments, Mari.

I think I am good when it comes to direction and focus, Like most I could be more disciplined and sticking to the plan in terms of regular practice, I maybe take the keeping it stress/pressure free a little too far.

But hey, it's a hobby ... so enjoying it and never feeling like it is a burden to practice is important for me.

The process of exploring, discovering, and developing vocals is proving to be fun. Hoping that the end results are technically better singing and a pleasing sounding voice.

Offline sairfingers

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 128
  • 󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿“Keep that one, mark it fab”. Paul McCartney.
« Reply #223 on: February 23, 2021, 09:21:58 am »
But hey, it's a hobby ... so enjoying it and never feeling like it is a burden to practice is important for me.
I’m with you there David. I often read others’ posts about their routines, 5 minutes of this, 5 minutes of that, 5 minutes of the next thing, 15 minutes playing songs etc etc. and think “I should be more structured like that”.

Of course I have goals, the main one being to improve and perhaps my improvement would be faster if I had a more structured approach. Justin completely advocates the structured approach with all sorts of print outs and apps and such. As a teacher he has to.

I followed the BC carefully and am doing the same with the intermediate course and of course practise what I’m currently learning.
Beyond that, I tend to think more along the lines of “what will I practise today. What have I not done for a while”.

Horses for courses.
Studying Intermediate Course. Pickin’ an’ lickin’….😎
Martin D28 : Gibson SG : Boss Katana 50
Road case : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=48801.0

Offline tobyjenner

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 287
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #224 on: February 23, 2021, 10:17:44 am »
Gordon

If folk are like me those 5 minutes are rarely stuck to unless you are using a timer, which I gave up on long ago. So personally I will frequently over run on this or spend a little less time on that. Some days I'll spend longer but alternate, say my Blues Lead and Rhythm 10 minutes slots may become 15-20 every other day.

But and here's the main reason ! When my missus complains I've been hiding away playing for hours, I just point to my practice schedule and say, can't have look its only an hour of practice !!  ;)
Having a plan is one thing sticking to it is another. ;D

Cheers

Toby
 8)
Here since Mar 2013 Completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM, MTMS Still on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/   
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2wcjHmnrFuQyom6tqUtdrQ
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537

Get The Forum As A Mobile App