Author Topic: Theme for Young Lovers - the Shadows  (Read 627 times)

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 42
  • What next???
Theme for Young Lovers - the Shadows
« on: July 13, 2017, 04:37:26 pm »
This took a lot less time because I used to play this years ago and it came back in fits and starts!
I'm sure it's better now than I ever played it before, a combination of the amp and built in effects and a better guitar (my old one was a Burns trisonic that was a pig to keep in tune!).
I hope people like my effort, it has kept me busy!!!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-jX6jJ1IeG3WHdEYUV4c1B4Z3c/view?usp=drivesdk
I apologize to those who can't play it direct - I'm not sure why that happens, it may be OS related, I don't have a computer so all of my stuff is done on Android. I must get a laptop!!/
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 08:17:41 pm by DarrellW »
Freshman Apollo 4OC, 1970 Terada G703 classical, Squire Classic Vibe 50's Tele; Vintage V6 Strat.
Soprano, Concert and Tenor Ukes all Amazon specials!
Blackstar ID Core Beam. FX: Electro harmonix 720 Looper, Zoom 505 II, Bespeco Volume pedal

Offline mikeb2102

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 14
Re: Theme for Young Lovers - the Shadows
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 05:02:09 pm »
Thanks for sharing, that was fantastic Darrell. It took me back to my living room with my dad playing his Shadows tapes

Sent from my SM-G920F using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 57
  • You're always learning about guitars,Keef Richards
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 06:03:13 pm »
Lovely piece Darrell, fabulous.

Offline Labora

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 07:38:33 pm »
Wow that sounds really nice. That's actually mad me want to download some Shadows to my iPhone. Great song played beautifully.

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 42
  • What next???
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 01:19:18 pm »
Thanks folks, it was a challenge that I enjoyed. I'm going to have to knuckle down now and get on with the chords and strumming though, that's what I came here for and I've already started to get up to my old tricks!!!
Freshman Apollo 4OC, 1970 Terada G703 classical, Squire Classic Vibe 50's Tele; Vintage V6 Strat.
Blackstar ID Core Beam. FX: Electro harmonix 720 Looper, Zoom 505 II, Bespeco Volume pedal

Offline batwoman

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 33
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 02:37:24 am »
I'm going to have to knuckle down now and get on with the chords and strumming though, that's what I came here for and I've already started to get up to my old tricks!!!

Aaaaaah the memories that flood back as I listen to this. So smooth, nice on the ears, nice. Thanks Darrell.

I now have you to blame for the old tricks I get up to  ;) - this is meant to be my Knuckle Down and Do Some Decent Practise No Muckin' Around time and what am I doing? Muckin' around but ooh it's fun, much more fun than finger stretching exercises, hammer on exercises, 1 minute changes.  ???

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 42
  • What next???
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 07:01:58 am »
Thank you, I have improved beyond my dreams but it's still not what I came here for; but as you say it was great fun and brought a big smile to my and my wife's faces ;)
I shall do some more but not until I've completed the BC properly :)

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 337
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 08:54:43 am »
Great tones, really making some classics come back to life!
 :)

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 42
  • What next???
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 09:54:20 am »
Great tones, really making some classics come back to life!
 :)
Thanks, I feel that I've been a bit indulgent doing it but it has been satisfying; I'm making progress steadily on the rhythm and timing side of things and it's really helped with the two Shadows pieces I've done. The recording on my daughters old IPhone is vastly superior to my Android, but I need to get a computer to learn how to use a DAW, it takes too many tries to record a track when you have no room for error ;)
The fun part was trying to get anything like the right sounding echo, it's a real challenge if you don't have deep pockets - I don't!!! I used a mix of reverb, tape delay on my amp and tape delay on my zoom 505 mk II, it was a real frig to get but I think it was OK(ish).

Online oldhead49

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 29
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2017, 02:12:03 am »
DarrellW:  Sorry I haven't commented on  this and and Cavatina sooner.  I've been somewhat AWOL for a few months. 
You have brought back memories I didn't know still existed.  I truly have enjoyed listening to these performances.  You have done a fantastic job with both of them.   You've captured the sound well!  Sorry they are no longer posted.

Online redrhodie

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 37
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2017, 11:57:06 am »
Weird that I can't play it. I can usually get Google drive to work.

Sent from my Life One X using Tapatalk

Offline embishop

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 26
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2017, 01:34:54 pm »
It won't play for me either unfortunately, I tried on both my iPhone and my laptop.
Mari
Epiphone SG400, Taylor 325ce, Martin OMCPA5, Ovation Balladeer
Boss Katana 50, Boss RC-1 loop pedal
Yamaha Clavinova CLP-525 digital piano, Boss VE-2 Vocal Harmonist

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 42
  • What next???
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2017, 02:22:51 pm »
Sorry all my links don't work, my drive was hacked and wiped via my phone being hacked - unfortunately I don't have a backup  :-[  :'(

Get The Forum As A Mobile App