Author Topic: Help with one of Justin's Books please  (Read 490 times)

Offline Maxicatimus

• Good Vibes 0
  • Tried, gave up twice, now I've given up giving up.
Help with one of Justin's Books please
« on: July 10, 2017, 12:12:15 am »
Hi
I'm sorry if this has been covered, I have looked but I can't seem to find the answer.
I would like to learn " Mad World" which is Lesson BS-302, however I would really like the lesson in a book so I can get all the chords and the strumming pattern etc on paper (I'm a basic beginner).
The problem is thats it's listed as being in the Beginners Songbook Vol 1 and I have that book and it's not in there, then I read it might be in Vol but its not in the contents listing for that one either so I bought The Acoustic Songbook just in case and it's not in there either.
Does anyone know which book it is in.

Thanks a bunch.
Yamaha APX120011

Offline rsophiuchi

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 2
Re: Help with one of Justin's Books please
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 03:56:22 am »
Hi Maxicatimus,

'Mad World' is on page 54 of my Beginner's Songbook Vol 1. It's the second song in Stage 3 of the book. I have the 2nd edition so I don't know if it's the same edition as yours.

Regards,
Susan

Offline batwoman

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 33
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 06:06:55 am »
'Mad World' is on page 54 of my Beginner's Songbook Vol 1. It's the second song in Stage 3 of the book. I have the 2nd edition so I don't know if it's the same edition as yours.

Yep me too.

Offline Maxicatimus

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 08:01:34 pm »
Hi Thanks for the replies.

I don't understand it, I have "Justinguitar.com, Beginner's Songbook by Justin Sandercoe ISBN 978-1-84938-668-5 by Wise publications dated 2011 London.
Its definitely not in there, page 54 is "Knocking on Heavens Door"
Do you think its been reprinted with new editions?
If so is there any way I can get just that song without having to buy the same book again for one song.
Thanks again for the replies
Yamaha APX120011

Offline hilts17

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 13
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 08:35:58 pm »
Yes, there was a 2nd edition of the Beginner Songbook. It says 2nd Edition right on the cover. Inside is a message from Justin dated 2012. This is the version I have which contains Mad World as the previous posters indicated. When and where did you get your copy of the book?
Seagull S6 Original
Seagull Entourage CW Black QI
Seagull Coastline 12 String
Yamaha Pacifica 112

Offline Maxicatimus

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 08:45:22 pm »
I bought it in 2011 just before i gave up in disgust of my progress for the second time.
6 years later I've now given up giving up and am determined to make a better effort with the help of Justin's books and videos.
I bought new guitar which has helped a lot and I've started again from scratch and I'm now really enjoying it and actually making some progress for the first time, yay.
Do you know if the chords and strumming pattern are available anywhere else?
I suppose I could just write it down from the video, I was just confused when I couldn't find it in my book.
I'll check how many other songs are in the second edition and might just buy the new book.
Thanks for the help
Yamaha APX120011

Offline hilts17

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 13
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 10:32:30 pm »
Go to ultimateguitar.com and do a search on Mad World. Mad World chords version 2 appears to be the same as in the book. No strumming pattern so you'll need to work that out from the lesson.
Seagull S6 Original
Seagull Entourage CW Black QI
Seagull Coastline 12 String
Yamaha Pacifica 112

Get The Forum As A Mobile App