Author Topic: You Said You'd Love Me  (Read 4692 times)

Offline CT

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 46
    • SoundCloud
Re: You Said You'd Love Me
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2018, 04:34:47 pm »
What the heck is "Box"? Please consider getting your stuff up on the SoundCloud or YouTube so that you can get some likes and follows. :)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 08:10:59 pm by CT »

Offline oldhead49

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 102
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2018, 03:53:45 am »
OK, this is real cool  8)
I've just stumbled on this area of the forum and believe it is for positive criticism...
The guitar work is outstanding (tho' that's little praise from me  ;))
Your vocals are spot on, but I'm wondering whether something more 'out there'' like singing into a megaphone (which might need muting) would just turn this into a masterpiece...
You rock.

Hi Brian.  Sorry, I missed these posts.  Glad you think it's cool and like the "gitar" work.  I don't know about a megaphone - it's not on my GAS list.  ;D  Thanks for the listen and comments.

Nice! You've got some cool Leon Redbone tone going on right there. Now take that voice outta here and go find a band and a gig, and send us a message from the road. Now git! 8) 

CT, you're too funny.  This is my first attempt at trying to put one together myself.  As far as the voice on this, I actually think I had a little distortion going on the pedal inadvertently.   I don't think, at almost 70 I'm going on the road, but that's a nice thought.

Just gave this one another spin, well actually it's on its fifth spin right now.

I was restrained in my former comment 'evocative'.  Now we know each other better, you gotta know Mr Melted Chili Chocolate your singing and seductive gitar tones have set mah clothes on fire!

Maggie, That's quite a word picture.  I'll leave it at that  ;).

Clint you have such a way with words  8) With tones like this, his security guys would have their hands full keeping the fans from tearing his clothes to shreds.

At my age, I don't think that would be a problem.

Now I've started laughing...Maggie, you are right up with best of folk who "have a way with words"...what an image. Just the thought of it would keep me safe at home, behind locked doors and only releasing my music into cyberspace  :)

Yep.

I was just thinking last night that we hadn't had a recording from you in a while and then I turned on the computer this morning to find this.

Well up to your usual standard, bluesy and dark, but in a good way.

Thanks for posting and vibes from me.

Thanks, Mr. B.  Yeah, always a little dark.  If my voice was higher I might be able to lighten up a little.  ;D  Appreciate your listen and comments and vibes.

What the heck is "Box"? Please consider getting your stuff up on the SoundCloud or YouTube so that you can get some likes and follows. :)

CT, Box is where I can keep my "gems".  Glad you found this and commented.  Appreciate it.

Offline b1rdland

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 13
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2018, 06:46:40 am »
WHAT A SONG THAT IS!!!!!!!!!!
Gibson es335
Fender Telecaster Professional
Taylor GS Mini-e

Offline oldhead49

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 102
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2018, 04:07:10 pm »
WHAT A SONG THAT IS!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks B1rdland.  Appreciate you taking a listen.  I've thought about a re-do of this now that I have some gear to work with, and maybe expanding it.  Time is always the element, though.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App