Author Topic: videos taken down  (Read 534 times)

Offline Berlinwall

• Good Vibes 0
videos taken down
« on: May 09, 2017, 11:34:26 pm »
Justin
I have the Beginner song book Vol 1.  I noticed that some of the songs no longer have your instructional videos to accompany them.  Any reason why?
Thank you
Corrine

Offline Drubbing

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 92
Re: videos taken down
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 02:07:53 am »
Some artists' lawyers - like Bob Dylan's and Guns N Roses, told him to.

Offline Berlinwall

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 11:29:01 pm »
Thank you Drubbing   :)

Offline Libitina

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
  • Do something new, Learn the Guitar.
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 10:34:03 am »
Hi Corrine, I hope you don't mind me joining your post as this seems appropriate to myself too.

I too have both the BC and BS books and just at the phone that I want to start learning the songs from the chords we've been learning.

Where do we go from here, really need the instrumentals or backing to support the 2 books. I'm not sure where or IF these exist. Yes, I find the your tube chats by J.S but no actual file with count in of the songs in the books.
These I would have thought to be absolutely critical for a beginner as they would teach so much.

kind of feel there really ought to be actual files with the song book to play along with, or have I missed something somewhere. !

R.H

1st, Epiphone Electro-acoustic AJ 220 SCE
2nd, Squire Strat HSS Candy Apple Red
3rd, Epiphone Ltd Ed. ES339 Vintage Sunburst

Offline Rossco01

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 62
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 10:42:26 am »
Justin doesn't provide any instrumental or backing tracks and in all honesty you shouldn't need them to learn the songs out of the BS book. If it's a track that Justin has recorded on  YT then he usually gives you the opportunity to play along to get into the rhythm at least for a short piece of the song.

Alternatively use a metronome to give you a steady beat to get going to OR search for something like guitar back tracks - guitarbackingtrack.com is pretty good.
BC 11/13-11/14, IM Stage 05
Yamaha FG700MS, Yamaha Pacifica 112V, Fender Mustang 1v2, Zoom G5, Jamman Looper
Follow me on >> https://soundcloud.com/rossco01
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHlzgAndj0AFFSNE1iGnbQQ

Offline Drubbing

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 92
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 11:15:35 am »
Backing is not critical for beginners. If anything, it's off putting, as beginners can rarely keep up or can't focus on their own playing.

You play at your own pace. Play songs you know, so you know how they sound acoustically. Even though Justin's vids have been taken down, there are still plenty of other teachers versions up on YT, which makes a farce of the litigation process.

Offline mmmbert

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 9
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 08:29:25 pm »
Also, it is true that some videos were remove at the request of the copyright holder, however, only some of the songs had videos to begin with.

The number of songs with videos was a very high percentage of the total in the original Beginner's Song Book (my eternal gratitude to Justin for all the work he did), but was not exhaustive. The same is true with the other songbooks. Some videos never existed. There may also be some that were done years ago and are not of the same technical quality as what is produced now that may not be on the site anymore, although you may be able to find them on YouTube. I know Justin has redone some videos for that reason.

The number of videos is quite amazing considering that they are offered free. They were so helpful to me that I paid a monthly sum to help out with the effort. They are worth much more than anything I donated.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App