Author Topic: ST-392 • Photograph - Ed Sheeran (Authentic Drop D Tuning)  (Read 603 times)

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 3

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 42
  • What next???
Re: ST-392 • Photograph - Ed Sheeran (Authentic Drop D Tuning)
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 08:27:01 am »
I think on the original recording it was in the key of E so in DADGAD is it capo second fret to play along with it?
Freshman Apollo 4OC, 1970 Terada G703 classical, Squire Classic Vibe 50's Tele; Vintage V6 Strat.
Soprano, Concert and Tenor Ukes all Amazon specials!
Blackstar ID Core Beam. FX: Electro harmonix 720 Looper, Zoom 505 II, Bespeco Volume pedal

Offline embishop

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 26
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 08:55:29 pm »
I've been working on this song, I love songs that sound cool but aren't really too difficult - or at least not too difficult to learn! Bonus when the arrangement makes the song singable too. Another week or so I should be able to play the riffs at speed.

DarrellW, if you're still following this post and didn't get your question answered yet, then yes if you want to play it in E and you're tuned to dadgad you need a capo on 2.
Epiphone SG400, Taylor 325ce, Martin OMCPA5, Ovation Balladeer
Boss Katana 50, Boss RC-1 loop pedal
Yamaha Clavinova CLP-525 digital piano, Boss VE-2 Vocal Harmonist

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 42
  • What next???
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 09:04:54 pm »
DarrellW, if you're still following this post and didn't get your question answered yet, then yes if you want to play it in E and you're tuned to dadgad you need a capo on 2.
Thanks, I guessed that - fortunately my wife is better at music theory than I am, she sings classical music!
I've been having a bit of a go at this and Shape of you, my grand daughter loves to sing both of them and as she is only 4 years old how could I not? :) :) :)
Freshman Apollo 4OC, 1970 Terada G703 classical, Squire Classic Vibe 50's Tele; Vintage V6 Strat.
Soprano, Concert and Tenor Ukes all Amazon specials!
Blackstar ID Core Beam. FX: Electro harmonix 720 Looper, Zoom 505 II, Bespeco Volume pedal

Get The Forum As A Mobile App