Author Topic: New bone bridge pins  (Read 244 times)

Offline Hillbilly

• Good Vibes 0
New bone bridge pins
« on: April 05, 2017, 03:57:58 pm »
I know this is an ongoing never ending topic , but I just bought brand new bone  pins  ,and saddle .the ones I had before were plastic  yes I have a cheap silvertone  lol but I love it, it was what I learned on ,and I forbid to betray her with  another guitar .
Anyways I can't get the new pins to set flush  with the bridge   like plastic ones did ,I've done it all ,I've held it in place ,I've curved ball towards neck I've made sure groove is aligned up with strings  I don't know what else to do,  these are a lil bigger than old ones, without strings in there nice and snugg they fit good when strings go in its when I start tuning they come part way out it will still tune and play I just don't want to damage  guitar thanks

Offline stitch101

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 128
Re: New bone bridge pins
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 04:33:56 pm »
You can do 1 of 3 things.
Send them back and get the proper size, ream out the holes to fit the new pins or
go back to the plastic pins. Bone pins are mostly cosmetic anyway. They do very little
to nothing for the sound of your guitar.

Offline Hillbilly

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 06:18:20 am »
They do look nicer than originals and there's alott of debate to wether or not it makes a difference in sound what if I sand the pins a lil narrow than they are I'd rather not make holes bigger

Offline stitch101

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 128
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 04:49:25 pm »
You can sand them to fit. It will take some ti e bome is pretty hard and the pins are tapered.
Mount the pins in a drill and sand them that way it would be faster and keep them round.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App