Author Topic: GG-403 • Line 6 Relay G10 Guitar Wireless System Review  (Read 289 times)

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 3

Offline douge47ca

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 3
Re: GG-403 • Line 6 Relay G10 Guitar Wireless System Review
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 10:36:38 pm »
After watching Justins vid, the geek in me immediately headed to amazon and purchased one of these.  I have a question regarding how to connect this to my EVH 5150 3s amp head and pedal board.  I haven't received the unit yet but I have looked at the manual and I am not sure how to get part of my pedal board in the mix.  My pedal board has a delay, octave, chorus and flanger running through the effects loop.  I have a compressor, wah, noise gate and overdrive between the guitar input and the amp head.  How would I connect the line 6 relay to the amp inline with the pedals that are outside of the effects loop?  Am I missing something that will become evident when I get the unit and start connecting or do I have to run everything through the effects loop?  I'm a rook at this stuff and hopefully Im missing something simple as I would like to keep my board signal chain as is.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 317
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 06:59:37 am »
With just one unit, the receiver has to be at the front of your fx chain - where the guitar input is situated.

Offline douge47ca

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 3
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 07:05:45 pm »
Thanks Close....

Offline douge47ca

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 3
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 08:10:06 pm »
Update:  I got the G10 relay yesterday and have it connected via my Fx loop.  It works great and sure makes playing in a small environment easier.  I tried running my distortion, compression, phase 90 and wah inside the fx loop but the distortion pedals sound muffled a bit.  What I have read regarding signal chains is the distortion and phase 90/wah/compressor are better to run directly into the amp versus in the Fx loop.  I guess the next step is, when I get some spare cash, is to add a second unit.  Btw..the effective range appears to be around 35-40 feet.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App