Author Topic: Youtube download issue with some song tutorials  (Read 233 times)

Offline Jotapi

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 3
Youtube download issue with some song tutorials
« on: February 28, 2017, 02:42:13 pm »
Hi everybody,

Today, I tried to download the following song tutorials to my hard drive :
- "I'm on fire" (ST-389), a great classic from "Born in the USA",
- "Unknown Legend" by Neil Young (ST-913),
- "Natural Beauty", an other great tune by Neil Young (ST-912).

However, it's impossible to download them from Youtube with Mozilla Firefox using Video DownloadHelper, Flash Video Downloader, etc.

Besides, I was able to download successfully the other song tutorials uploaded by Justin on Youtube.
I like to download Justin's videos on my hard drive because I am not still connected to the internet.

I am asking myself if this issue could be solved by modifying some parameters which were not chosen when the videos were uploaded.

----> Please, could this issue be solved so that these videos can be downloaded from Youtube ?

Cheers,

Jean
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 12:22:34 am by Jotapi »

Offline smoe

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
Re: Youtube download issue with some song tutorials - PLEASE, HELP!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 08:39:09 pm »
I'm not aware of any option that allows content  producers to influence that – YouTube generally "disallows" downloads.

Sometimes YT changes things and third party plugin developers have to adapt which usually they do within hours or days.

So make sure your plugins are up to date. If they are, just wait for a bit or check the website/forum of those plugins

Sent from my 4024E using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

BC started: Mid December, 2016
Current stage: in between 2-3

Offline DarrellW

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 14
  • Still learning.......
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 09:06:57 pm »
It is YouTube's policy not to allow downloading video material, if you do so you are breaking the rules and you could risk repercussions.
Article 5B states:
Content is provided to you AS IS. You may access Content for your information and personal use solely as intended through the provided functionality of the Service and as permitted under these Terms of Service. You shall not download any Content unless you see a ?download? or similar link displayed by YouTube on the Service for that Content.
Acoustic: Taylor 214ce, Sigma 00M -15, old no name classical
Electric: Squire classic vibe 50's tele; 1998 Squire affinity tele (bit battered and bruised ;) ).
Amp: Blackstar ID Core Beam. FX: Electro Harmonix 720 Looper, Zoom 505 II, Bespeco Volume pedal

Offline Jotapi

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 3
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 10:31:58 pm »
Hi,

In my first message, I explained I was able to download successfully (with the help of the Mozilla Firefox add "Video DownloadHelper") the song tutorials uploaded by Justin on Youtube, but not these three song tutorials ("I'm on fire", "Unkown Legend" and "Natural Beauty"). That's not logical.

--------> So, why can I download the song tutorials but these three song tutorials ? In other words, what would be the detail that prevents the download of these three song tutorials but not of the others ? I am thinking that's the key question.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 12:18:10 am by Jotapi »

Offline smoe

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 11:07:30 pm »
what would be the detail that prevents the download

A logical detail would be that when YT (or any big website for that matter) makes an update on their end, the changes do not necessarily get propagated to all pages/servers immediately. Too heavy on infrastructure.

As I said, verify your plugin is up to date, if yes go the site/forum of the plugin developer and be aware that you're violating YouTube's terms of service. Nothing Justin or his admins can do anything about.
BC started: Mid December, 2016
Current stage: in between 2-3

Offline Jotapi

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 3
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 12:19:28 am »
Thanks a lot for your answers !

Get The Forum As A Mobile App