Author Topic: BL-604 • Blues Lead Guitar 2: Adding Vibrato To Bends  (Read 3230 times)

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 3

Offline IvanychAg

• Good Vibes 0
Re: BL-604 • Blues Lead Guitar 2: Adding Vibrato To Bends
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 01:34:11 pm »
Hi!!

First of all - great lessons and thank you for it!!

Second:
I have some problems with speeding up this bending vibrato. I can do it slowly (veeery slowly), but high speed vibrato on bended string looks like magic for me.

Can you give some tips about it (about speeding up)? Seems like it is the most diffiqult technique for me.

Strange, but I have no problems with wrist vibrato.

Thank you!!

Offline adi_mrok

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 13
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 04:52:39 pm »
Hello I am trying to get better with my bending and vibrato but bloody hell I can do it only for about 10-15 mins or so and then my fingertips hurt as hell! How long did it take you guys to get stronger skin and being able to play for longer amount of time? If I play normally my fingers are quite strong but when I start bending or vibrato or both that means game over very soon :(

Sent from my SM-G973F using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline jono

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 25
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 07:13:54 pm »
I find some days are better than others, some guitars have more of an effect than others and also where on the fretboard you are bending / vibrato on all have an effect on how my fingers cope with it.
Basically, I have no idea.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline Rossco01

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 90
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 10:37:14 am »
It takes a little while (weeks?) but you get used to it...here's a little tip I picked up from my guitar teacher. He was showing me something on his guitar and passed it across for me to try...I suddenly found bending on those higher strings so easy. The tip is that he uses Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinky strings so they are 9, 11, 16, 26, 36, 46 gauge... makes bending super easy (Well a lot easier) and doesn't compromise on the sound IMHO.
Epiphone Masterbilt DR500MCE, Yamaha Pacifica 112V, HB Tele, Fender Mustang 1v2, Katana 100, Trio Plus, Boss GT1
Follow me on >> https://soundcloud.com/rossco01
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHlzgAndj0AFFSNE1iGnbQQ

Offline sairfingers

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 52
  • 󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿The guitar is the coolest instrument in the world
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 08:12:29 pm »
The problem I had when I first got my electric was bending the strings inadvertently when playing chords. It came with 9’s and I had to change to 10’s to try to solve the problem. I was pressing too hard on the strings as I was moving from my acoustic which has 12’s.
Now of course as I attempt some blues licks I have problems doing a full tone bend. I can get a half tone no problem but the full tone takes my finger tips off!
BC (classic) completed, now on Intermediate Course, Folk Fingerstyle and Blues modules. Pickin’, lickin’ and improvisin’.....😎
Martin D28 : Gibson SG : Boss Katana 50.

Offline adi_mrok

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 13
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2020, 09:11:00 pm »
Haha I've been there mate! Gets better after about 1.5 week of bending a lot. In Pattern 3 Justin is adding 3 semitones bend, it wrecks my fingertips right away!
Adding this bloody vibrato and making sure it's fairly frequent, man don't get me started however I am only on my 1st week of practice, I need to be more patient!
The problem I had when I first got my electric was bending the strings inadvertently when playing chords. It came with 9’s and I had to change to 10’s to try to solve the problem. I was pressing too hard on the strings as I was moving from my acoustic which has 12’s.
Now of course as I attempt some blues licks I have problems doing a full tone bend. I can get a half tone no problem but the full tone takes my finger tips off!

Sent from my SM-G973F using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Get The Forum As A Mobile App