Author Topic: Beginner Acoustic Guitar  (Read 2901 times)

Offline Cue Zephyr

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 83
    • Ezyo Pourchez
Re: Beginner Acoustic Guitar
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2017, 09:47:57 am »
See if you can score a used GS Mini in mahogany. They're by far the easiest guitars I've ever played. :)
Guitar, banjo, mandolin and piano, bass and percussion only when needed
Production and mixing

Offline Nosugrof

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 4
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2017, 12:26:43 am »
I started with Seagull acoustics and an American Stratocaster. Seven years later I think both were great choices. They're economical but they're also high enough quality to keep you engaged. To me palying on a sub-par instrument when you're first learning increases the chances you'll drop out. Do yourself a favor and spend a few extra bucks to get something you're proud of and that feels good in your hands.

Offline Stormya

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2017, 09:07:13 am »
I also like Seagull's. There's a wider range now as well. I moved from a Yamaha C70 to a Seagull S6 Original (electro acoustic version) - I promised myself a bit of a treat after I'd been learning for 6 months. It gets lots of great reviews. It has a slightly wider neck than standard acoustics but you get used to that. I spent a long time making the decision but 2 and a bit years later I'm really pleased with what I've got.
Seagull S6 Original
Seagull Artist Folk

Offline dathansc

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2017, 08:18:47 am »
I'd recommend checking out the Ibanez AVN9.  It's an all mahogony 12 fret parlor with a nice soft v neck.  Very beginner friendly, and $399 US which is I believe in your price range. 

Get The Forum As A Mobile App