Author Topic: Autumn Leaves  (Read 2212 times)

Offline oldhead49

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 46
Re: Autumn Leaves
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2017, 11:28:59 pm »
David. Thank you for listening to both versions and for the detailed commentary. Ike Issacs certainly has a Paris flavor in his version on the I Love Paris album.  I'm glad my version had an impact on you. To have my version remind you of Ike is quite a compliment. I'll just leave at that and say thank you. As far as the drum version I believe you are right, an underlying beat would be better and better yet would be with brushes. Brushes was actually my first thought. Unfortunately I don't have a brushes effect in my pedal that quite fit right. As far as tempo, this is a great classic that I've heard a number of different arrangements and at different tempos. I tend to play what I'm feeling at the time. If you didn't find the album of Ike you can google it and it will come up. 

Sent from my iPhone using JustinGuitar.com Forum

Offline vibranttrout

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 3
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2017, 06:40:19 am »
I agree the drums removed made it sound much better.  After listening, i really dont have any criticism, timing and rhythm, tone, volume of different layers of guitar, and anything else you can think of was perfect.  I really enjoyed it so thank you for the post

Offline oldhead49

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 46
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2017, 02:52:43 pm »
Thank you so much for those comments   

Sent from my iPhone using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline pkboo3

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 34
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2017, 05:08:56 pm »
I liked it a lot oldhead49. It brought memories of my old boss. He used to take my husband & me out to a nice restaurant every Christmas. He would play this genre of music on the piano. Nice memory. Isn't it wonderful how music can evoke memories from our lives?  Very nice.

Offline oldhead49

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 46
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2017, 01:25:35 am »
Thanks a bunch pk.  Yes, music can bring back memories and let us relive in our minds times in the past.  Glad you liked it.

Offline embishop

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 50
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2018, 01:14:44 pm »
What a wonderful version of this song, both of them actually. The one without drums is definitely more expressive, melancholy, thoughtful, loved it. I also really liked the drum version though, totally different feel, carefree, playful. It's amazing the different ways you can interpret a song. Anyway these are great OH, glad another thread led me here.

Mari
Epiphone SG400, Taylor 325ce, Martin OMCPA5, Ovation Balladeer
Boss Katana 50, Boss RC-1 loop pedal
Yamaha Clavinova CLP-525 digital piano, Boss VE-2 Vocal Harmonist

Offline oldhead49

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 46
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2018, 06:38:21 pm »
Thanks for taking a listen, Mari.  Sorry I didn't get back sooner.  I don't visit "Critique" much.
Yeah, it's amazing what you can do with one song.  I posted  Summertime a long time ago and have started to revisit it this week with a bet of a different sound.  We'll see how it goes.  Thanks again.

Offline bunkley

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2018, 10:32:21 pm »
Only heard the w/o drums version... loved it  :)

Thank you for sharing!

Offline oldhead49

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 46
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2018, 12:49:25 am »
Thanks Bunkley. I appreciate you taking the time, and for the comment.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App