Author Topic: How Do You Get This App To Increment Chord Changes? Am I That Bad???  (Read 651 times)

Offline Wheelin Rev

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 4
  • 4-String Convert In-Process
    • DAT Ministries
Howdy everyone! I believe this is my first post, I don't think I did an intro post when I signed up last year, so please don't beat me up. This post is going to be almost identical to https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=33953.0 in many ways. First, it is the same question. Second, I'm also 60 years old and just picked up my first 6-string electric guitar. Now I admit that 30-some years ago I had a Fender Precision Bass guitar and used to play in a band at Christian Coffee Houses on Friday nights. We also did charity concerts at Detention Centers for troubled boys and girls. But that was the Bass clef and not the Treble clef... Ha! On top of being old as dirt, I'm also disabled, in a wheelchair and a partial semi-paraplegic. On top of all that, I'm also terminally ill and not with just life. I have a degenerative neuromuscular disorder known as MELAS which is somewhat a "cousin" of Muscular Dystrophy. Googling just "MELAS" will get you loads of information about the illness. To say the least, I am physically challenged but I can play the guitar (or at least I am learning to play the guitar).

Now I know how to get the app set in motion counting down from 60 seconds. I have the microphone enabled and I am using a guitar amplifier. What I have yet to be able to do is to get the app to increment even a single time. Now either this app is not working at all (unlikely), I still have something set up incorrectly (somewhat unlikely as I am an electronics engineer and uber-techno-geek) or I play so badly that the app cannot recognize the chords (most likely the problem).

My questions are these. How accurately do you have to strum the chords? Do you have to hit every string correctly and evenly? Is it better to start by picking one string at a time in rapid succession? What do I need to do to get the app to start incrementing?

Sooooooo... Like the first thread that I mentioned, I hope that some people will answer my questions politely and perhaps a few might even welcome me to the forum. I say that because in the referenced thread it did not go quite as smoothly for the newb. I hope that I fare better...

Thanks in advance for you all taking the time to respond; not just view this post and not respond. At least give me a brief hello.  :)  In the other post, he went 80-some views without a single reply....

Cheers! Dave
Rev. David E. Hamm
Maryland, USA (Skype ---> PastorDATM)
Guitars:
1978 Fender Precision Bass (Sold 1987)
2016 Squire Affinity Strat HSS by Fender

Offline Wheelin Rev

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 4
    • DAT Ministries
Re: How Do You Get This App To Increment Chord Changes? Am I That Bad???
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 08:52:24 pm »
Well... I did post an intro thread https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=1054.msg352356#msg352356. Just wanted to clarify that... Cheers! Dave
Rev. David E. Hamm
Guitars:

Offline hilts17

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 12
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 09:34:03 pm »
Welcome aboard Dave. I don't have an IPhone, hence I Know nothing about the app. But I'm sure someone who is familiar with it will chime in...I hope.

Anyway, just wanted to say welcome and I wish you nothing but success and fun!
Seagull S6 Original
Seagull Entourage CW Black QI
Seagull Coastline 12 String
Yamaha Pacifica 112

Offline SiegeFrog

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 15
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 05:59:22 am »
Welcome to the forum.

The app is manual. It doesn't listen to you play. It suggests chord combinations and counts down from 1 minute. You have to count the changes yourself. At the end, use the + - buttons to increment the amount of changes. Hit save to save that number and move to the next change. The app will save whatever number you indicate. If you have the app in problem chord mode, it won't suggest any changes that have a saved score more than 60, Justin's goal.

You're not doing anything wrong. The app just doesn't do what you want it to do.
Fender Squier Affinity HSS Stratocaster
Fender Mustang 1
Seagull Maritime SWS CW SG QI

Started BC January, 2014, Completed May, 2015

Offline Wheelin Rev

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 4
    • DAT Ministries
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 06:05:06 am »
Welcome aboard Dave. I don't have an IPhone, hence I Know nothing about the app. But I'm sure someone who is familiar with it will chime in...I hope.

Anyway, just wanted to say welcome and I wish you nothing but success and fun!

Thanks for the welcome! Dave
Rev. David E. Hamm
Guitars:

Offline Wheelin Rev

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 4
    • DAT Ministries
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 06:10:43 am »
Welcome to the forum.

The app is manual. It doesn't listen to you play. It suggests chord combinations and counts down from 1 minute. You have to count the changes yourself. At the end, use the + - buttons to increment the amount of changes. Hit save to save that number and move to the next change. The app will save whatever number you indicate. If you have the app in problem chord mode, it won't suggest any changes that have a saved score more than 60, Justin's goal.

You're not doing anything wrong. The app just doesn't do what you want it to do.

Ahhhhhhh... Well, I'm glad I don't play that bad! :D Thanks sooooooo much for setting me straight and instructing me on how to use this app! I was going crazy trying to get that app to hear me play a good chord... LOL! Thanks again! Dave
Rev. David E. Hamm
Guitars:

Get The Forum As A Mobile App