Author Topic: Fourchords App  (Read 582 times)

Offline Notinshades

• Good Vibes 0
Fourchords App
« on: December 27, 2016, 06:21:57 pm »
Hi everyone, this is my first posting.
I started the beginners course almost 2 years ago on my 60th birthday and have just finished it (sort of)...I want to spend a few months consolidating before starting the intermediate course. So I thought the new Fourchords App would be fun and helpful, only it isn't !!!
Is anyone else struggling with playing along to songs in the App? I've thought about this, and worked out what the problem might be...the strumming pattern is buried in the mix and can't easily be heard. It doesn't matter for straight 4/4 strumming so much, but for "old faithful" or 1/16 strumming I get in a muddle.
Is it just me?
I'm listening via the Aux input on my Yamaha THR10 so the equipment is decent (even if my ears aren't)

Offline stitch101

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 120
Re: Fourchords App
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 06:43:40 pm »
I down looded it the other to check it out and thought they did a realy good job on it.
You can can go into the settings and turn things on or off and change the sound of the
melody. Haven't figured out how to slow the songs tempo down yet.

If your having problems with the strumming that a sign that's what you need to work on.
You can slow the strumming exercises down to practice and get up to song tempo.

Welcome to the forum.

Offline joueur de guitare

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 7
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 06:49:17 pm »
Haven't figured out how to slow the songs tempo down yet.

Click the metronome ;)

Offline stitch101

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 120
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 07:06:15 pm »
Where?  I figered out how to slow down strumming patterns in the stumming section but when you play the
song it goes back to the tempo of the song.

Offline joueur de guitare

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 7
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 07:16:12 pm »

Offline DarrellW

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 12
  • Still learning.......
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 07:26:12 pm »
If you click on the arrows either side of the metronome the tempo changes, if you then click on the metronome it returns to the target tempo.
Good fun this, just had a go at House of the rising sun and Whiskey in the jar :)
Acoustic: Taylor 214ce, Sigma 00M -15.
Electric: Squire classic vibe 50's tele; 1998 Squire affinity tele (bit battered and bruised ;) ).
Amp: Blackstar ID Core Beam. FX: Electro Harmonix 720 Looper, Zoom 505 II, Bespeco Volume pedal.

Offline stitch101

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 120
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 07:26:46 pm »
I'm still playing with the trial version don't have that feature. I'll actvate it and see what else I'm missing out on.
What I've played with so far is done very well so worth the price.

Offline Notinshades

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 08:27:01 pm »
Thanks stitch101 - you are right. If I'm having trouble with strumming then I need to work on it, and blaming the App is unreasonable. On reflection, what I've learnt from the beginners course is how to make and change chords, and some strumming patterns, but what I haven't learnt is how to put them together for the length of a song and keep in time with drums and bass, while having the vocal melody doing something else at the same time !!!
What the app does is bring a different perspective to learning - I'll stick at it and report back in a few months.
A couple of questions more...
1. will this fourchord app have its own header in the forum?
2. Are there different versions of the app, because on my ipad mini I don't get a metronome and arrows in a toolbar at the top. I can select metronome, which gets rid of those pesky distracting drums, replacing with a helpful metronome, but that is all. I can vary the speed by swiping up or down to the left of the screen.

Offline FourChords App

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2016, 08:29:33 am »
Where?  I figered out how to slow down strumming patterns in the stumming section but when you play the
song it goes back to the tempo of the song.

If you have the latest version of the app, simply scrolling up or down on the playing screen will increase or decrease the tempo :)

Offline stitch101

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 120
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2016, 04:56:16 pm »
Thanks that worked. Great app

Offline AdventureMel

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2017, 02:38:51 pm »
Stick with it! I recently started with the app as well, and was getting lost with the rhythm, too, but something just clicked yesterday... it all came together for me after watching Justin's videos about the use of a metronome, and foot tapping (on his website). Lots of practice, too, of course. 😊

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using newbielink:http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=93296 [nonactive]

Get The Forum As A Mobile App