Author Topic: Website on an android device.  (Read 1810 times)

Offline Dan Graves

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 167
  • Is on the Outside, looking in
Re: Website on an android device.
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2016, 08:54:07 pm »
Results so far : Adroid 4.x.x versions all seem to have this issue for me when using Chrome or Firefox, 5.x has it as well.
I haven't found a working, clean build of 6.x yet so i will get back to you on that, although i suspect it won't be much different.
I suspect the issue is with how the site's mobile version detects browsers and/or how it redirects users, as requesting the desktop version of the site fixes the issue entirely for me on all versions, and in both Firefox and Chrome.

@ snuff : I couldn't for the life of me find any apps related to Justin's site, other than his metronome app...
Are you perhaps using Tapatalk ?

In any case, i've asked Justin on Twitter if he could get his webmaster to look at it, let's hope they can fix it.
"So the secret to good self-esteem is to lower your expectations to the point where they are already met?" -- Hobbes
"Right. We should take pride in our mediocrity!" -- Calvin

Offline snuff

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2016, 09:16:39 pm »
Thanks for your time Dan.
The app I meant was the Google browser. The confusion is all mine.

Offline Dan Graves

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 167
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2016, 03:14:55 am »
Aaaaah, well that explains that.
But yeah, the issue isn't so much with Android as it seems to be with how the site renders when it detects it's on a mobile device.
I suspect Shadow's tablet doesn't pretend to be a mobile device, or the browser on it doesn't request the mobile version of the site, resulting in him getting the regular old website instead of the mobile one.
I hope Justin will see my tweet and point his webmaster this way, as this isn't something we users can fix.
"So the secret to good self-esteem is to lower your expectations to the point where they are already met?" -- Hobbes

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 146
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2016, 07:59:27 pm »
Hey Dan. Sorry I missed ur tweet. I've asked my web assistant to have a look and see what she can figure out. Because we're about to embark on massive cms rebuild I'm reluctant to spend a lot of time (money) on it...

So the problem is the requests from Android devices running chrome - they're not getting the mobile versions? is that it in a nutshell?

Thanks for getting my attention on it!

J.
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline Dan Graves

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 167
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2016, 02:41:29 am »
It's a bit more complicated than that i'm afraid.
If your web assistant requires an in-depth explanation they can feel free to send me a PM, or Email me at my @xs4all mail adress, from there they can decide if it's worth it to fix it now, or to wait (i suspect waiting would make more sense if you're doing a CMS rebuild).

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 3
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2016, 08:57:33 am »
Hi Dan, and others,
Thanks for reporting this :)

Is it just the latest songs that seem to be the problem?
I've now fixed this issue and you should now see the up to date latest releases.

Are there any other rendering issues you're experiencing? The mobile site will be getting a revamp soon, but if you are experiencing issues could you perhaps send me a screen grab of it?

Cheers
xx

Offline snuff

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2016, 08:57:02 pm »
Thanks. I'll try and send a screen shot.
Edit.  Just had a look and the latest songs are there. Thanks for your time in looking at it.
Big thumbs up.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App