Author Topic: Re: Small body guitar?  (Read 1249 times)

Offline Canudigit

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
Re: Small body guitar?
« on: May 22, 2016, 05:56:06 pm »
After trying quite a few I bought a Taylor GS Mini. I personally feel it has the best sound and comfort out of all of them. I highly recommend trying one.

[mod edit ... originally a response in this thread https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?action=post;topic=39756.0;last_msg=343716 ... which did not answer the question and then led to unhelpful off-topic responses]
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 11:09:46 am by close2u »

Offline guitar65riff

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 2
Re: Re: Small body guitar?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 08:16:35 am »
After trying quite a few I bought a Taylor GS Mini. I personally feel it has the best sound and comfort out of all of them. I highly recommend trying one.
I use one of those too. Great sound for a small model. Enjoy

Offline guitar65riff

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 08:10:18 am »
You might want to get some Ebony pegs and flat top strings for more resonance and mellow tone.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Offline Drubbing

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 100
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 11:34:11 am »
You might want to get some Ebony pegs and flat top strings for more resonance and mellow tone.

Srsly?

Offline guitar65riff

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 11:53:36 am »
Srsly?
Yes seriously!  Flat tops give a nice mellow tone as do Ebony pegs. Why the question?

Offline Drubbing

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 100
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 12:49:41 pm »
Because that's the sort of stuff acoustic forums obsess about, and few can actually hear any audible difference...

as in...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKOgr7IPXRE

Hit 1 and 6 and 2 and 7 on your keyboard for instant comparison. Good luck hearing difference whatsoever. Ebony pegs on an acoustic aren't going to change that. Flats are a feel thing for players, not an audible thing.

Offline guitar65riff

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 10:48:30 am »
Because that's the sort of stuff acoustic forums obsess about, and few can actually hear any audible difference...

as in...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKOgr7IPXRE

Hit 1 and 6 and 2 and 7 on your keyboard for instant comparison. Good luck hearing difference whatsoever. Ebony pegs on an acoustic aren't going to change that. Flats are a feel thing for players, not an audible thing.
Well I'm afraid you're mistaken. I have several acoustics which I've gathered over the years.  Flat tops (not flat wound) are made to give a more mellow sound. Seagull actually recommend them. Though I was using them before I knew that.
I guess it's an experienced ear that can hear the difference. But it makes a real difference if you don't like the harsher sound of the thinner strings.

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 435
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 11:08:22 am »
Either try to help milby and the question in the OP here https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?action=post;topic=39756.0;last_msg=343716 or keep quiet in that thread.

This is the third time I have had to moderate by splitting off-topic chatter from the actual question asked. Can you please refrain from this or take it elsewhere.

Offline guitar65riff

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2016, 01:33:54 pm »
Either try to help milby and the question in the OP here https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?action=post;topic=39756.0;last_msg=343716 or keep quiet in that thread.

This is the third time I have had to moderate by splitting off-topic chatter from the actual question asked. Can you please refrain from this or take it elsewhere.
To whom are you referring sir?

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 435
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2016, 02:18:32 pm »
In the original thread, milby asked for people's opinions on two specific guitars, both Yamaha.
On three occasions, the conversation ignored that question and went down the road of 'GS mini' is best ... 'no it isn't' or some similar argument.
This time the argument started there and veered off topic even further.

None of which addressed, let alone answered milby's question (who, incidentally has not returned to his / her own thread ... no wonder).

So, I am addressing all that have hijacked milby's thread with none answers a different agenda with a reminder of etiquette etc.
I am not singling anyone out or making personal criticism, just addressing the wider issue that has seen a valid question unanswered and the OP deterred from coming back.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App