Author Topic: L.R. Baggs pick-up system  (Read 1657 times)

Offline leonelB

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 2
L.R. Baggs pick-up system
« on: May 01, 2016, 11:51:59 am »
Hi guys,

I hope you are all doing ok.

I was thinking to put a pick-up system to my acoustic guitar. I am definitely installing one from the brand "L.R. Baggs", a friend of mine has one and is truly fantastic.

My question is, I'm in between 2 models:

Option A: is the model called "Element" (here description from website):

Unlike typical undersaddle acoustic guitar pickups that are dependent on string compression for their sound, the Element was engineered to mirror the soundboard’s actual movement as you play. At the heart of the pickup, a flexible film sensor only 2 thousandths of an inch thick picks up the guitar’s most delicate nuances. Tracking the motion of the top rather than a direct string attack suppresses “quack” caused by compression and unlocks the Element’s unrivaled dynamic range. The pickup’s minimalist construction lessens any influence on the acoustic properties and creates an intimate coupling between the pickup and guitar for the highest fidelity possible.

Option B: is the model called "Anthem SL":
 (here description from website):

The Anthem series, featuring our patent-pending TRU•MIC technology, seamlessly combines a proprietary condenser microphone with our acclaimed Element pickup to deliver the warmth and fidelity of a studio-mic’d guitar anywhere you perform.
TRU•MIC TECHNOLOGY
At the heart of the Anthem is a revolutionary microphone engineered to capture a dynamic studio-mic’d sound for any live performance. The TRU•MIC mounts to the underside of the bridge plate and hovers just 3 mm above its surface to take advantage of the PZM or “boundary” effect. This proprietary mounting system, combined with noise cancellation, frees the mic to perform as if it were outside of the guitar in a studio and maintain remarkable feedback suppression for the stage. The result is a balanced frequency response with excellent clarity for the purest sound you have ever heard amplified. We have paired the Element pickup with the TRU•MIC to provide solidity and punch for low frequencies.

Ok, I want this pick-up to be able to connect the guitar into my amp and play it in home. Not in stage or whatsoever.... So, I know the Anthem SL is probably better because it has a microphone but is it maybe enough with the "Element" model?

I have the budget for any of these models, so luckily that's not an issue..... And suggestions here?

Thank you very much to all of you,

Leonel

Offline leonelB

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 2
Re: L.R. Baggs pick-up system
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 01:00:19 pm »
Or just to add something: should I rather get an external microphone instead of installing a pick-up system? Again, it would be only for me to play around while practicing in home

Get The Forum As A Mobile App