Author Topic: READ FIRST: How the translations work  (Read 7210 times)

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 152
    • justinguitar.com
READ FIRST: How the translations work
« on: March 29, 2010, 03:56:22 pm »
OK, thanks for your interest. To save lots of time I thought I would make a post here so everyone know what is going on...

There are two types of translations.

VIDEO TRANSLATIONS
Are looked after by my assistant Indigo. Email her and tell her which language you speak. She will then send you a .doc (word) document and you will simply open it, add your translations where shown, send it back.

The file will then be send to another translator for checking, and then Caroline sends it to me to upload.

If you want to help just email translate at justinguitar dot com

PHP TRANSLATIONS
Not doing more of these for now, until the site re-design is running.

PAYMENT
There is none! It's voluntary...

When people have contributed a lot to the site then I will usually offer some gifts of some kind, DVD's or something, but it should be assumed that there is no payment.

THANK YOU
I think it's wonderful that so many people are helping out with translating and helping the site reach more people and help their fellow countrymen/women learn free... BIG THANK YOU :) I really appreciate it, even if I am rubbish at emailing to say so.

BIG THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 02:04:37 pm by justinguitar »
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 3
Re: READ FIRST: How the translations work
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 12:38:06 pm »
Hello lovely people,
just wanted to update this post...

We're now using a different system which allows us to actually subtitle Justin's videos.

For details on how to get involved please see this page:
http://www.justinguitar.com/en/AA-030-Translate.php

Cheers,
Indigo

Offline Fresher

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
Re: READ FIRST: How the translations work
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 01:16:45 pm »
Hi! Well, It seems like it was a wrong time for me to contribute with translations.

The like posted is not working and Justin doesn't respond my email, but I can't blame him, he have done a outstanding job and I guess has too many people emailing him.

Cheers!

Get The Forum As A Mobile App