Author Topic: Barnezy's Road Case  (Read 346 times)

Offline Barnezy

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 10
Barnezy's Road Case
« on: February 09, 2018, 11:35:21 am »
I'm now done buying anymore gear for a while, so thought I'd share the my road case with you all.

Martin Dreadnought Junior - this was the first acoustic guitar I bought. It's a scaled down version of a full Dread and is my go to couch guitar. I choose this due to the all solid wood construction and the feel of it. The sound good for strumming and the volume is low enough, not to annoy the neighbours.

Admira A2 - I quickly got in to fingerstyle when I bought the Martin and wanted a classical guitar to learn "proper" technique on. I love the sound of this guitar, it's just so pleasing to hear.

Collings OM2H - This is the guitar of guitars. I bought it by chance on the back of a seller pulling out of a deal on a Martin EC28, and I'm so glad he did. If you don't know much about Collings guitars I suggest you read up on them as imho they are making the best guitars I've ever seen. It quality of the craftsmanship is unbelievable and could be classed as art and the tone is stunningly beautiful. This guitar will never be sold.

Fender Stratocaster Standard MIA - This was my second electric, my first being a LP Studio that I didn't bond with. I bought it used and it arrived looking like it had never been strummed. The fretboard on this guitar is so smooth, it's by far the nicest feeling guitar I've held in my left hand. Great guitar that delivers a classic strat tone through the Custom Fat50 pups.

Gibson Custom Shop CS-336 - This is my latest purchase. It was a limited run ordered by Wildwood Guitars back in 2013. I managed to find one in Switzerland and negotiate a deal. It's again completely untouched. I only received it yesterday so just playing around with the setup still, but it has a lovely classic rock/bluesy/country tone to it clean and a great rock tone turned up. It also looks amazing in my opinion.

Blackstar H1R and Boss GT1 - both of these units are fantastic for at home playing. The Blackstar has a lovely tube amp warmth at low volumes and the Boss GT1 can create pretty much any sound you would ever need.

So that's it for now.

Sent from my iPad using JustinGuitar Community mobile app
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 12:00:33 pm by Barnezy »
Guitars: Collings OM2H, Martin Dreadknought Junior, Fender MIA Std Stratocaster, Admira A2 Classical
Amps and Pedals: Blackstar HT1R, Boss GT1
Favourite Styles: Finger Style, Blues, Folk, Rock
Favourite Guitarists: Knopfler, Clapton, Greenwood, Jimmy

Offline Matek

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 6
Re: Barnezy's Road Case
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 12:36:28 pm »
Nice collection Barnezy.. looks like you have all bases covered. Single coil, humbuckers acoustics. I'm envious :)
I really want the same Blackstar as you have i like the idea of a low volume tube amp. But i have spent to much the past few months and bills keep coming in

Sent from my [device_name] using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline phx1973

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 29
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 12:56:05 pm »
Great collection, Barnezy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BC completed August, 2016
Currently In Intermediate Method - Foundation 3
Gear: Fender Standard Tele, Gibson Les Paul Junior, Epiphone Hummingbird Pro (Acoustic), Fender Bassbreaker 15 Amp, Fender Mustang I amp

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 100
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 03:04:20 pm »
Thanks for sharing, Barnezy.

They all look beautiful.

Enjoy!!

Offline batwoman

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 43
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 04:04:19 am »
Lovely. I really like the way you write about your guitars Barnezy. Enjoy!

Get The Forum As A Mobile App