Author Topic: pkboo3’s - Road Case  (Read 10039 times)

Offline pkboo3

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 69
Re: pkboo3’s - Road Case
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2021, 04:33:24 am »
@willsie01,  @R.F.W.  Thanks to both of you. I appreciate you taking the time to congratulate me. It means a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using JustinGuitar.com Forum

Offline sairfingers

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 118
  • 󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿“Keep that one, mark it fab”. Paul McCartney.
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2021, 09:31:41 am »
Wow, 20 is lot of songs to have ‘ready to go’. I can manage maybe half a dozen and then after that I’d struggle with either the chords or lyrics without a look at the song sheet. Well done Pam.
Studying Intermediate Course. Pickin’ an’ lickin’….😎
Martin D28 : Gibson SG : Boss Katana 50
Road case : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=48801.0

Offline pkboo3

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 69
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2021, 02:31:52 pm »
Thanks so much, Gordon. Full disclosure - I still have some crutches around. Lyrics saved on the iPhone, or sheet music nearby. I can’t avoid forgetting something if I’m tired, nervous, brain fog, etc. But it’s fine for me to be able to have some things I can play whenever I just want to hang somewhere & play, namely on my porch, without lugging all the hard copy around.

Offline pkboo3

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 69
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2021, 05:00:36 pm »
Hey friends!  I thought this would be a good time to update the Road Case. Some is a bit repetitive from my post in the Electric Guitar feed but wanted to continue on in my Road Case.

I finally bought my electric guitar. It’s been since March, I think, that I’ve been waiting and watching. It’s definitely a Sterling by Music Man CT?SSS. The unknown part of that is whether it is a CT30 or CT50 and the color. I guess it doesn’t really matter, but I would like to know what it actually is.  I just bought it from the local dealer I’ve mentioned before. He said it was a Mint Green and I forgot to ask about the number. But Mint Green in that specific look is not correct. I did a little online research and the guys at Sterlingbymusicman linked me to a 2016 CT50SSS that looked exactly like mine and it was called Seafoam Green. So for now, unless further research tells me otherwise, that’s what it is. I’m loving it, so far!

I did have an unhappy situation concerning my amp though. My dealer sold me an Ampeg 108-B Bass Guitar. In my ignorance, I bought it. But soon realized I messed up. It’s not what I needed or wanted. Luckily I was able to return it and luckily, I found a Boss Katana 50 MKII at another local dealer. Couldn’t believe I found one locally without having to order online, which I would have done if I had to. It’s so cool!  Can’t wait to learn more about it.

Also, I still haven’t forgotten my trusty acoustic Takamine.  I had wanted to upgrade, but the newer upgraded ones didn’t do it for me. Mine sounded better to my ears. So for now, I’m going to keep on loving it.

Other than that, I’m still plugging along. I’m pretty much in Stage 5 of the Intermediate and going through all the  end-of-stage goals now. Also finished the Theory Course but will probably take some time to rehash all of those end goals!  Whew! 

I’m currently back at working on “Let Her Go”. If I can ever accomplish that, I will be elated.

Also working on “Wonderful Tonight” & trying to throw some E- & A-shape Barre Chords in.

I haven’t decided on which of my Set List songs to upload as a One-Take. But it’s still on my To-Do list.

OK, All for now. Hope to get some thoughts from you all. And I’ll be commenting on some of yours too.

Sent from my iPhone using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline pkboo3

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 69
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2021, 05:03:27 pm »
https://www.dropbox.com/s/su0mexfzqx3ee7u/IMG_2004.JPG?dl=0

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 190
    • YouTube
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2021, 05:27:08 pm »
Nice guitar! Dig the minty cool color. Bring on the jams!

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 206
« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2021, 01:21:51 am »
So good to hear from you Pam.

Happy new guitar day. Thrilled for you, I have no doubt you'll have lots of fun and learn heaps with it. Glad you were able to get the right amp. I have the Katana 50 as  well. There's a good download document that walks you through using ToneStudio.

You're making such impressive progress with your learning. Congratulations on finishing PMT.  That's quite something. Stage 5 Intermediate is impressive too.

It seems to me you've progressed and learned a great deal during the months you've been quiet here in the community.

So happy for you.
Walcott Custom OM Acoustic , G&L Tribute Fallout Electric, Crafter T035 OM Acoustic, Ashton Bass.

Online DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 402
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2021, 08:13:44 am »
Happy happy days, Pam.

New electric looks fabulous and delighted you managed to return the amp and acquire a BK50. Now just look forward to hearing some soundbytes of you rocking out when ready.

Bravo on all the learning and progress you are making. Keeping moving on, slowly but surely developing your art and craft.

Hope when the OM following the next one is scheduled you'll be ready to sign up and share a couple from your Set List.
Began the adventure Dec 2016 expecting little, achieved more than I dreamed and am a happy advancing beginner

Road Case: https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=41958.0

My Music: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2X_TlNs7agW-U0EBCDdbw

Offline adi_mrok

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 104
« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2021, 01:06:51 pm »
Happy NGD Pam, your new electric looks awesome and I am sure you will enjoy your new MK2 a lot!

Keep on rockin' my friends

Get The Forum As A Mobile App