Author Topic: SB-306 Sunshine of your love  (Read 2832 times)

Offline Rider1000

• Good Vibes 0
SB-306 Sunshine of your love
« on: March 17, 2016, 07:09:37 am »
Hi, first post - so probably doing it wrong! hey ho.

Anyone can help me with the last three chords in this riff. Justin does them so fast. I think I get the A, and then the C power chord, buit would like to check, but cant make out the final chord. Not sure which strings he plays as well.

Any help appreciated.

cheers

Offline stitch101

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 247
Re: SB-306 Sunshine of your love
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 03:59:02 pm »
Watch the video @ 7:50 he explains everything and show the chords with a close up.

Offline Rider1000

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 05:32:36 pm »
Yep, have watched the video tons of times. I am new to the guitar. so can see the A chord and i would be strumming most strings.  with that C power chord do i just strum the two strings?  also with that D chord i cant seem to find it on teh web which strings he is actually fretting and also which strings he is strumming.. as you can see pretty basic questions. but have surfed the web for clues but clearly i am missing something. if you can be pretty specific tht would be a great help.
cheers

Offline stitch101

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 247
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 08:15:36 pm »
He's playing a barre C chord not a C power chord

also with that D chord i cant seem to find it on teh web which strings he is actually fretting and also which strings he is strumming..
You'll never find that D chord on the internet because he's not playing D he's playing Barre G.

but have surfed the web for clues but clearly i am missing something
Yes you are. Your missing a basic knowledge of how to play the guitar. 
Your obviously not ready for this lesson. I'd suggest you take Justin's Beginner Course.
http://www.justinguitar.com/en/BC-000-BeginnersCourse.php

You'll learn a lot more quickly than trying to play songs your not ready for. He's the best teacher
on the net.

Offline TB-AV

• Honorable Ex-Mod
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 331
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 10:55:25 pm »
Yep, have watched the video tons of times. I am new to the guitar. so can see the A chord and i would be strumming most strings.  with that C power chord do i just strum the two strings?  also with that D chord i cant seem to find it on teh web which strings he is actually fretting and also which strings he is strumming.. as you can see pretty basic questions. but have surfed the web for clues but clearly i am missing something. if you can be pretty specific tht would be a great help.
cheers

To my knowledge there are no lessons by Justin that needs clues except for perhaps a few ear training vids he did.

Everything is shown clearly and/or you need to have -at a minimum-  spent some time in the beginner lesson AND spend a little time in the CAGED lesson, and Note Finding lessons.

No need to master all that, just a couple weeks to get some basics under your belt so you now where the resources are when you get stuck.

Sort of like learning to use a Library catalog system so you know where books are stored and the general sections of books like fiction, non-fiction, reference, etc... -before- you actually start reading all the books you are interested in.
Gone

Offline Rider1000

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2016, 07:32:47 pm »
Thanks for your responses.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App