Author Topic: BL-403 • Bending Technique In Blues  (Read 1668 times)

Offline Fox Terrier

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 2
Re: BL-403 • Bending Technique In Blues
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2017, 07:27:41 am »
I found that actually playing a song with string bends worked for me. Start with an easy part - I started with the two intro licks on Aretha Franklin's 'Respect'. One string bend on each.

Sent from my iPad using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline philipekken

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2017, 09:10:44 pm »
Hello there,

i`m following the the Blues lead guitar course and i struggle with bending the high e string as shown in one of justin`s licks for pattern 1. Bending the e string a whole tone is quite hard to do and...this is the actual problem...the string breaks after a fewhours playing. I had to replace the string already twice in a few days.

I`m using new 0.10 Earny Balls strings on a quite new Squier Tele Classic vibe. I checked frets and bridge for any damage but looks fine. It breaks exactly at the point of the highest tension. Am i doing something wrong or is this a common issue on a Telecaster (that has a relative short neck)?

thanks in advance for any help
Phil

Offline philipekken

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2017, 03:47:38 pm »
i think i found the mistake...it was kind of wrong technique. I was supporting the bend with my 2nd and 3rd finger however i was pressing the second finger directly on the fret, means the string had maximum friction and broke after a while playing. Now, putting the fingers between the frets makes it easier to bend and i guess the string will last longer...

Get The Forum As A Mobile App