Author Topic: Backing tracks to play along too ?  (Read 2054 times)

Offline Charlie

• Good Vibes 0
Backing tracks to play along too ?
« on: January 02, 2016, 07:50:50 am »
Hi... New beginner here and using songbook 1... Im learning "The walk of life" by Dire Straights . (love that one) And would like a backing track to play along to if possible ? As a new player I have no idea where I can find a simple backing track or is there a compilation of tracks to go along with the book ?

Cheers !

Charlie. 
For when the one great scorer comes to mark against your name he marks that you won or lost but how you played the game.

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 313
  • Teesside, North East England.
Re: Backing tracks to play along too ?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 10:01:28 am »

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 82
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 04:41:48 pm »
BC Mar 2013 to Jan 2015 IM April 2015 to Mar 2016
Currently consolidating IM then Blues Rhythm & MTMS
https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/
TOBY JENNER’S CAS DE LA ROUTE / ROADCASE
https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537.msg339454#msg339454

Online KasperFauerby

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 81
    • Kaspers SoundCloud
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 05:34:35 pm »
Hi Charlie, and welcome to the forums!

I feel I should mention my own "source" of backing tracks as well. I get all my tracks from this site: www.licklibrary.com

It's not a free site though (cheapest option is a subscription at around 12 euro per month which includes unlimited backing tracks and tons of song/technique lessons) but the quality of the backing tracks are completely unmatched by any other source I've found. I realize this might not be for everyone, but personally I'm lucky enough that this kind of expense is easily justifiable for my big passion and hobby.

PS. As a disclaimer, I'm not involved in any way with running the site... this is 100% a recommendation from a happy customer ;)

BTW, I just remembered: I'm pretty sure they have a 14 day free period which will give you access to all backing tracks and online lessons (that's how I got hooked ;)). They have a quite good "Walk of Life" backing track that you could get for free that way if you want... streaming it right now actually.

PPS. After a blurb like this I guess they really should pay me ;)

Get The Forum As A Mobile App