Author Topic: BS-620 • Little Talks - Of Monsters And Men  (Read 4747 times)

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 3

Offline JaminCat

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 3
Re: BS-620 • Little Talks - Of Monsters And Men
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 05:49:35 pm »
I wonder why Justin uses the F bar chord? To me, in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ-kXZsUa_w, it looks like they use the Fmaj7.
BC Started: 14th November 2015
Guitars: Yamaha FG-336SB, Yamaha LL16M ARE
Because everyone needs a giggle https://soundcloud.com/ben-short-199425083

Offline Dr Winterbourne

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 57
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 03:25:41 am »
Maybe they use Fmaj7 live cause it is easier to get to. Maybe it isn't so much Fmaj7 as just F minus the bass note. The male guitarist clearly isn't playing a barre chord F, but with a bass player, accordion, second guitar etc he can afford not to.
Squier Custom II Telecaster, Fender Bass breaker 18/30, Yerasov GTA 15, Big Muff, Tubescreamer, Vox Wah,, Belcat Analog Delay, Phase 90,, Splash MkIII, Electric Mistress, Trelicoptor

Offline JaminCat

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 3
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 02:20:52 pm »
Maybe they use Fmaj7 live cause it is easier to get to. Maybe it isn't so much Fmaj7 as just F minus the bass note. The male guitarist clearly isn't playing a barre chord F, but with a bass player, accordion, second guitar etc he can afford not to.

Ah OK. Thank makes sense. Thanks.
BC Started: 14th November 2015
Guitars: Yamaha FG-336SB, Yamaha LL16M ARE
Because everyone needs a giggle https://soundcloud.com/ben-short-199425083

Offline jellybee

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 04:24:43 pm »
I checked the video about this song and I got confused by the rhythm laid out by Justin.

It seems to me that in the intro and the the verse, the rhythm is 2/4, based on the way he counts. But when it comes to the part that we need use a strumming pattern to add more energetic feelings to the song, the rhythm becomes 4/4.

Am I missing something here ?

Offline m_c

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 33
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 11:23:04 pm »
It's 4/4 throughout, at around 240BPM.

Are you getting confused at where he suggests only playing 1 or 2 beats per bar to begin with?

If you want another song to practice the chords and strumming pattern, check out Wake Me Up by Avicii. It uses a very similar strumming pattern, with a couple chord variations during the intro. It is however marginally faster, but using a 124BPM 16th note pattern (equivalent to 248BPM if played as 4/4)

Offline jellybee

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 04:50:59 pm »
It's 4/4 throughout, at around 240BPM.

Are you getting confused at where he suggests only playing 1 or 2 beats per bar to begin with?

If you want another song to practice the chords and strumming pattern, check out Wake Me Up by Avicii. It uses a very similar strumming pattern, with a couple chord variations during the intro. It is however marginally faster, but using a 124BPM 16th note pattern (equivalent to 248BPM if played as 4/4)

I checked some sheets music on the internet and found that it is actually 2/4.

And yes, I got confused about the first few minutes, when he said play 1 or 2 beats per bar.

240 bpm is very fast, how is it even possible to strum at that speed...??!!  :(

Get The Forum As A Mobile App