Author Topic: Just some comments about this product  (Read 19948 times)

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 151
    • justinguitar.com
Just some comments about this product
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2007, 09:24:07 pm »
good idea - I was sure I amswered this post....  :?

will do some vids on sounds when I get back from tour...

J
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Quark

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2007, 04:41:59 pm »
Finally finished the Clapton Style lead, this may have been the most fun and satisfying of them all. Took me quite awhile to get it down. Thanks Justin!

W

Offline JoeC007

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 0
Product received today!
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2007, 09:00:35 pm »
Hey all!  Just recieved mine today in the mail.  Really fast shipping even though I'm on the other side of the pond.  I've listened once through to all of them.  I'm listening to the albert king track over again at the moment.  Are they in order of increasing difficulty?  It seems that way  at least to me.  The rythyms I don't think will be that difficult but the leads should take some time to transcribe.  

Ditto on the amp settings, Anyone have any suggestions in the meantiime?  Is everyone else using a stratocaster to play these?

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 151
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2007, 11:39:09 pm »
Hi Joe

Glad you got it quick.

They are in increasing difficulty.

Will be doing some sound vid clips soon :) will discuss all sorts of different sounds

Good luck

J
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

19rocknrollcircus68

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2007, 11:19:53 am »
I have been reading some posts on this thread and I do love the blues,what is unclear is what format these lessons are in as if they are all downloads to be used on computer,I will not be joining in as I dont like using this poxy laptop for guitar lessons which Ive paid for so will someone explain what youve bought for your money i.e is it a DVD you can watch and go through slowly on your TV, like youtube lessons or is it strictly for computers?

Offline JoeC007

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2007, 11:39:40 pm »
You get a CD with different tracks in the style of albert king, eric clapton, chuck berry, jimi hendrix, and stevie ray vaughan.  It also comes with a booklet with all the tabs to the different tracks.  you can hear the tracks lead only without the rythym and rythym without the lead and with everything combined.  The idea is that you are supposed to listen to the tracks and transcribe them and later compare what you got with the tabs....He has info on it under the products sections of his page.  I think it's definitely worth it.

19rocknrollcircus68

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2007, 06:40:06 pm »
Quote from: "JoeC007"
You get a CD with different tracks in the style of albert king, eric clapton, chuck berry, jimi hendrix, and stevie ray vaughan.  It also comes with a booklet with all the tabs to the different tracks.  you can hear the tracks lead only without the rythym and rythym without the lead and with everything combined.  The idea is that you are supposed to listen to the tracks and transcribe them and later compare what you got with the tabs....He has info on it under the products sections of his page.  I think it's definitely worth it.
     Thanks alot mate,Ill hava look :wink:

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 151
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2007, 05:32:39 pm »
Sounds lessons coming up later tonight!!

J

mb3924

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2008, 07:34:01 pm »
I posted this earlier as a reply to a message and realized that it might also fit here...

Sounds like you might benefit from a little structure with specific accomplishments along the way. If you can afford it get Justin's Really Uses Blues Solos. There are 5 songs that are done in the style of different blues guitarists (Clapton, SRV, Albert King, Hendrix, and Chuck Berry). Each is played on a CD and by following the directions given you can transcribe songs, starting with the rythyms and working up to the leads. Several good things happen:

1. You learn new licks, so as you are "noodling around" you have more things to practice.
2. You learn the styles of several blues greats.
3. There are rythym tracks that you can play these leads over - or just jam with.
4. Over time the transcribing gets easier, and you begin to hear variations of these licks in tons of other songs.
5. Each song is short but you learn a lot from each one. When I did it I got a real feeling of accomplishment with each milestone - that encouraged me to stick with it.
6. When you learn certain licks, you can use them in other songs. For example, you learn a lick over the first chord (like A7 in a I, IV, V) and then you can try using it any time the chord goes back to the I - in other words, mix and match. Then, just move the lick up or down if the song is in another key. You can even use these licks on top of other artists and find out what works best for you.

It is only five "songs" but I have been using it, going back to it, learning new things, etc. for over four months and I am still not bored with it. I could go on but I think I sound like a commercial already. If I recall, it cost me around $40USD, but well worth it.
----------
Suggestions: Please number the pages. In the US I can't find the four ring binders and so I keep the pages loose. Once they get out of order on my desk it is a pain to rearrange. Also, have you considered adding times to the tabs? For example, show how much time has elapsed from the beginning of the CD track to each bar (or every other bar). Then if I want to practice a certain lick I can find it easier on the CD and on the tabs. I have been doing this on my transcriptions and it helps me find my way, especially for the tougher licks.

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 151
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2008, 12:54:03 pm »
page numbering is a great idea...

I am about to start re-formatting all the books... will do it then!

Glad you dig the product mate - great ad ;)

J

Get The Forum As A Mobile App