Author Topic: Joerfes Roadcase  (Read 11073 times)

Offline Balamuthiah

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 49
  • Keep that one and mark it "Fab"! -Paul McCartney
Re: Joerfes Roadcase
« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2018, 05:09:16 am »
Same here. I have mixed feelings. Yes, there are times when you just have to call it quits. But as someone who terribly needs a band right now, I feel sad that things like these happen. However, it's all good! I wish you luck for your future stuff! Have fun no matter what! That's all that matters!

Offline Joerfe

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 107
« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2018, 10:09:03 am »
@ tobyjenner
This happens a lot everywhere. And bands without replacements are definately rare. The two years we did exist with the original line-up I think was the odd chance of 6 people meeting via the internet and hitting it off straight away. But time do have a tendency to reveal little cracks which in this case quickly turned in to large cracks.

Faith had it that the drummer also split and called the other guitarist and asked to join our new project. We are meeting Tuesday to talk it over and see where we land.

Anyway we will focus on blues with diversions into rock and a little touch of country but the harder, more rock inspired kind.
With the possible addition of the drummer we may change from an acoustic setup to full blown electric meaning I will dust off the Les Paul (yay!) and hang up the Acoustic and the Tele.
Time to RAWK!

\m/
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 10:45:35 am by close2u »
/Jesper

Sigma SOMR28H, Fender Classic '50s Tele, Fender Std Stratocaster, Gibson lpj '14, BOSS Katana 100-212 amp.
Me on da Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jesper-j-rgensen-11

Offline Joerfe

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 107
« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2018, 10:12:03 am »
Same here. I have mixed feelings. Yes, there are times when you just have to call it quits. But as someone who terribly needs a band right now, I feel sad that things like these happen. However, it's all good! I wish you luck for your future stuff! Have fun no matter what! That's all that matters!

Fun is the key, and why we decided to leave. The others had no intentions of listening to us when we tried to have a talk on how to bring back the fun.

I invest a lot in being in a band. Money is one thing, but more important I source energy from our weekly practice sessions. If that energy is not positive, it doesn't work for me.
/Jesper

Sigma SOMR28H, Fender Classic '50s Tele, Fender Std Stratocaster, Gibson lpj '14, BOSS Katana 100-212 amp.

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 421
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2018, 10:48:23 am »
I know exactly where you're coming from Joerfe.
It's sad and a shame for all that.

Playing acoustic Americana with three guitars and lots of singers sounds like a great new direction.

Guitar: make sure you all work on inversions / use of capo for different voicings / triads / 6ths and 3rds … all so that you are not all three just strumming open chords and muddying the sound.

Vocals: work on harmony / texture / considered backup vocalisation.

Good luck. :)

Offline Joerfe

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 107
« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2018, 01:57:11 pm »
I know exactly where you're coming from Joerfe.
It's sad and a shame for all that.

Playing acoustic Americana with three guitars and lots of singers sounds like a great new direction.

Guitar: make sure you all work on inversions / use of capo for different voicings / triads / 6ths and 3rds … all so that you are not all three just strumming open chords and muddying the sound.

Vocals: work on harmony / texture / considered backup vocalisation.

Good luck. :)

Valid points, thank you. The other two guitarists are quite seasoned having played for 35 and 15 years respectively, so I'll hang on and learn all the tricks in the process.
/Jesper

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 99
« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2018, 11:12:45 pm »
Wishing you inspiring collaboration, mutual respect  in each other, even more joy and growth in making music and an easy flow of energy Jesper.

Offline Joerfe

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 107
« Reply #96 on: November 22, 2018, 06:10:59 am »
Wishing you inspiring collaboration, mutual respect  in each other, even more joy and growth in making music and an easy flow of energy Jesper.

Thanks a bunch. This time the band members are handpicked, so to speak. All odds are with us.
/Jesper

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 94
  • What was I doing?
« Reply #97 on: November 22, 2018, 09:15:13 am »
It’s a bitter/sweet situation that you’ve found yourself in and you’ve taken the best way out!
In a situation where there is discord the only way is out; you’ve landed on your feet being able to find a great sounding new outlet for your music and it really does sound exciting, good luck with it and I really hope it turns out the way you hope it will 👍👍👍
My singing sucks so I’m learning Guitar and Ukulele, it’s fun 🌟

Offline Joerfe

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 107
« Reply #98 on: November 22, 2018, 10:41:09 am »
It’s a bitter/sweet situation that you’ve found yourself in and you’ve taken the best way out!
In a situation where there is discord the only way is out; you’ve landed on your feet being able to find a great sounding new outlet for your music and it really does sound exciting, good luck with it and I really hope it turns out the way you hope it will
Thank you, Darrell. It's about having fun in my spare time. Drama I can have at work (usually there is none) but they are at least paying me. My hobby needs to be enjoyable.
/Jesper

Offline stitch101

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 167
« Reply #99 on: November 22, 2018, 05:52:41 pm »
Joerfe You'll have more fun with the other two guys and learn much faster.

All the reasons stated in this thread are why I quit playing in bands.
To many drama queens and not enough musicians.  Now I mostly just jam with friend
and hit acoustic jams. Much more fun and relaxing.

Offline Joerfe

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 107
« Reply #100 on: November 22, 2018, 07:54:10 pm »
Joerfe You'll have more fun with the other two guys and learn much faster.

All the reasons stated in this thread are why I quit playing in bands.
To many drama queens and not enough musicians.  Now I mostly just jam with friend
and hit acoustic jams. Much more fun and relaxing.

Oh yes. I'm sure it'll be more fun! This little group is together because we have known each other for a couple of years now and we all agree how it's NOT supposed to be.
Drama Queen! That is the name of our (former) singer and keys guy.... don't get me started....
/Jesper

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 59
    • YouTube
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2018, 11:19:49 pm »
I don't have much to offer here, I'm not in a band and don't really have any plans to join up in that way. The concept seems a bit claustrophobic and restrictive. Somebody has to be the leader or have the final say when there's a draw. It's fun playing with different groups of people and that suits me best.

That said, best of luck going forward and do keep us posted. :) 

Offline Joerfe

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 107
« Reply #102 on: November 24, 2018, 11:12:47 am »
I don't have much to offer here, I'm not in a band and don't really have any plans to join up in that way. The concept seems a bit claustrophobic and restrictive. Somebody has to be the leader or have the final say when there's a draw. It's fun playing with different groups of people and that suits me best.

That said, best of luck going forward and do keep us posted. :)

Not at all claustrphobic to me, it depends on your selection of band mates.
I do not agree on the band Leader thing. I want a band to be a unit where we agree on things and either compromise or let things go.
Band leaders tend to be little dictators and that does not roll well with me.
/Jesper

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 59
    • YouTube
« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2018, 03:38:54 pm »
Got it! Yes, it's all a matter of talent, perspective and implementation. The great bands and acts tend to have a leader. One person's leader and visionary is another man's dictator, likewise one person's "cohesive unit" is another man's stifling "group think" exercise. Either way it's like any other relationship, it has to be something that works and is worthwhile. At the end of the day it's just music. 8)

Offline Joerfe

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 107
« Reply #104 on: November 24, 2018, 07:15:49 pm »

I agree.
We are just a hobby band and we meet once a week and enjoy playing music together. We have the occasional gig, but we are never going to make a living playing music.... way too old to live that dream. Which is also why a band leader is redundant because we (this new constellation) can sit down and talk things through. After all, we are all either closing on 50 or just turned 50.
/Jesper

Get The Forum As A Mobile App