Author Topic: Joerfes Roadcase  (Read 12275 times)

Offline Lord_Gigabyte

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 6
  • Not quitting, not now, not ever....
Re: Joerfes Roadcase
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2018, 01:45:28 pm »
Lol.

A bit easier said than done, but you're right. In the end, it's about going out there and doing it....

As usual, great job sir!!
I'll get it in the end. Just don't give up, that's the key....

Offline Joerfe

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 107
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2018, 02:56:01 pm »
Lol.

A bit easier said than done, but you're right. In the end, it's about going out there and doing it....

As usual, great job sir!!

I was little more than 3 years into playing when I joined a band.
Be honest to yourself and the rest of the band in what you can and what you cannot. Hang in the background making sure you play the right chords at the right time and let a more experienced guitarist do the fancy stuff.
When you have done this for a while your playing will be more tight and you begin venturing out from that backseat.
/Jesper

Sigma SOMR28H, Fender Classic '50s Tele, Fender Std Stratocaster, Gibson lpj '14, BOSS Katana 100-212 amp.
Me on da Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jesper-j-rgensen-11

Offline LievenDV

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 152
    • Point Fifty
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2018, 10:51:11 am »
Cool "roadcase" thread this is becoming!

Certainly some of the most fun I’ve ever had! - there is a lot learned from gigging regularly, one thing is the performing-while-playing part.

Well there's 2 important notes in 1 sentence I'd like to repeat for the rest of us:
- Yes! I tell everybody how much fun it is to gig! when I started playing, My ambition didn't go further than my bedroom but as soon as you've been on stage once, you'll be surprised looking back.

- Yes! You are there for the entertainment of people. Playing the music is the biggest part but not the only part of that! Being fun to watch gives you a lot of credit for an occasional mistake ;)
(yes, that comes from experience ;))
my band: fb: Point Fifty | Instagram: Point Fifty

Offline Joerfe

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 107
« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2018, 11:35:02 am »
Cool "roadcase" thread this is becoming!

Well there's 2 important notes in 1 sentence I'd like to repeat for the rest of us:
- Yes! I tell everybody how much fun it is to gig! when I started playing, My ambition didn't go further than my bedroom but as soon as you've been on stage once, you'll be surprised looking back.

- Yes! You are there for the entertainment of people. Playing the music is the biggest part but not the only part of that! Being fun to watch gives you a lot of credit for an occasional mistake ;)
(yes, that comes from experience ;))

Agreed, Lieven.
After the number of gigs I've been part of, there is no way I could go back to being a "rehearsal" band which only meets to play together. Gigging is highly addictive to me and I love the pressure of being "on" and the feedback from the audience.
/Jesper

Sigma SOMR28H, Fender Classic '50s Tele, Fender Std Stratocaster, Gibson lpj '14, BOSS Katana 100-212 amp.

Offline Joerfe

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 107
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2018, 11:45:47 am »
Another gig well done. This time very local to us as we performed in the very same community hall where we also have our rehearsals.

I introduced in-ear monitoring together with our bass player and drummer, and with a little tweaking it is going to be great.
- better monitor sound directly into my ears.
- I can control my own monitor mix via my phone (how cool is that!). Any changes I make in the app is sent to the mixer via wireless.
- our monitor setup is saved for next gig which means less time spend for setup and sound check.

Here a few piccies from setting up.

/Jesper

Online DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 233
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2018, 02:47:49 pm »
Good for you Jesper ... as always hoping for some video :)

Offline Joerfe

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 107
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2018, 06:54:55 pm »
Good for you Jesper ... as always hoping for some video :)

Thx David. Hopefully a couple of videos will show up.
/Jesper

Online close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 434
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2018, 07:04:41 pm »
Coolio  8)

Offline Barend

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 11
« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2018, 04:31:54 pm »
Enjoyed reading this from start to date. Tx for sharing Jesper.

I am towards the end of the BC but after working hard at the F barre, I decided to tackle all the barre chords. It also helped that I wanted to play a song with C#minor. I am progressing very well overall so I am close to the point where I want to step up to the challenge of joining a band.

Your experience of hanging in the back as a start has given me more motivation to step out. I have now set myself the target to go band hunting by latest mid june 2019.

I can see myself pitching for an understudy role.  Maybe I should buy some cool gigging gear to help my chances.. lol  Thats how Ozzy made it into Black Sabbath.

Sent from my [device_name] using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline Joerfe

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 107
« Reply #84 on: November 09, 2018, 05:51:40 pm »
Your experience of hanging in the back as a start has given me more motivation to step out. I have now set myself the target to go band hunting by latest mid june 2019

And thanks for reading. If my road case inspires you to take that leap, I am happy to have helped!
Playing with others has given me a lot, both on a personal and social level, but it has also driven me to learn techniques and songs I maybe never would have considered.

Go for it, but make sure your gear is ready for it, and, when you find people to play with, be open regarding your level and abilities.
Being relatively new on your instrument does not have to hold you back as long as you are devoted to practice in between your sessions with the band.

Let me know how it moves along.
/Jesper

Offline Barend

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 11
« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2018, 02:14:17 pm »

Will do...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 07:08:10 am by close2u »

Offline Joerfe

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 107
« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2018, 06:45:17 pm »
I left the band!

We've had some issues along the way over the last 6-12 months. Too long a story to write here, but basically it boils down to a few members trying to manipulate the rest into conforming to their way of doing things. No way to sit down and talk it out because they are too afraid of confrontations and "delicate minds", let's call it that.

Buttom line is that myself and the other guitarist finally had enough and left the band. I expect the drummer to follow.

We are now planning, us two guitarists, to join with a third guitarist to form an acoustic trio, three acoustic guitars and taking turns singing. Repertoire will be based on Americana with a slight focus on blues/rock/country from the southern states.
Pretty excited!
/Jesper

Online DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 233
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2018, 08:42:00 pm »
I left the band!

Wish you well with the new project, Jesper.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 10:44:55 am by close2u »

Offline Joerfe

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 107
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2018, 09:02:28 pm »
Wish you well with the new project, Jesper.

Thx David. Doors closes and other doors opens. It's all good.
/Jesper

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 115
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2018, 11:48:25 pm »
Jesper

Man I've mixed feelings on this. Sorry the the original band disintegrated but over the years that sounds a typical story, for what ever reason you imploded. Happy, that you and the other guitarist see a future as a threesome. Three guitars work for 'Maiden, so no reason you can't continue to make this work for Country, assuming your staying in that genre for now. Heck what ever direction you go, if you are all motivated it will work.

Bonne chance as they say in these parts.

Cheers

Toby
 8)
Arrived here Mar 2013 Since completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM and MTMS Now on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
My Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537.msg339454#msg33945

Get The Forum As A Mobile App