Author Topic: PLEASE PUT REVIEWS HERE - but not questions...  (Read 25395 times)

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 152
    • justinguitar.com
PLEASE PUT REVIEWS HERE - but not questions...
« on: July 17, 2007, 10:51:43 am »
Hi - please let this just reviews - not conversations or questions, just tell me what you think - good and bad :)

Cheers

J
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 07:14:39 am by justinguitar »
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Quark

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 11:50:02 pm »
Justin, the DVD arrived.
It is well thought out, excellent choice of material, professionally done, good humor, and I love the fact that we got a mini SRV lesson in the Walkin Easy Blues at the end.
Between this and the Jazzing up your Blues I will busy for quite awhile.

Thanks!!

W

bluesfeinn

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 08:29:27 pm »
Hi, DVD arrived promptly, thank you.  I'm taking your advice and have only worked on the first tune so far, but the pacing and simple, clear delivery is just terrific and I am enjoying it hugely.

Thanks

bluezebra

Review
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 12:36:36 pm »
Excellent DVD for learning blues in E, particularly suited to Acoustic but extremely relevant to all. This is exactly what I was looking for and gives the student chance to learn 3 complete songs and mix them up themselves to start improvising. Its also a great way to give some credit back to Justin for all the free lessons he has given us.

I found the first song relatively easy to pick up although still demanded some practice, the songs are designed to go up in difficulty so the next two do take quite a bit of practice to get the timing and fingering right, but the learning curve on the DVD is about right, once I've got complete hang of all of them I will look forward to the next blues DVD.

I suggest one improvement would be to allow the paper copy of the tab to be included on the DVD for reference purposes, in case I lose it or spill coffee on my only copy. It would also be cool to have a simple E blues backing track on there for us to practice too.

junglebob

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 11:25:06 pm »
I am 51 years old and have always had an affinity for the blues, when I literally stumbled across your guitar lessons on YouTube, I was delighted to find your 3 part blues lesson. Then I was driven to learn how to add some lead guitar, and I discovered how important learning the scales were. It has unlocked my potential and has made me hungry for more, i ordered your DVD and it seems as though you made it for me, GREAT stuff, please keep it coming. I have played around with the guitar for about 35 years but never have I learned so much than I have in the past 2 months. Thank you Justin for all you do and I am glad I got in on the ground floor, because this is going to get bigger than you can handle alone. Good luck my friend, and I am glad to see the UN starting to pay attention to the problems in Darfur. Better late than never! By the way the DVD is special and I hope only the beginning, PLEASE keep the blues stuff high on your list. :!:

63EPIFT

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 11:25:54 pm »
Finally got my DVD in Phoenix.  I think it is great.  I finally am able to put some musical thoughts into a complete song instead of just playing riffs and scales.  These songs have given me the structure that I needed to play complete songs.  They are short enough to learn, but can be extended and improvised (especially now that I have 4 blues solo songs to choose from.  Also, the DVD and all You Tube Lessons are great quality instruction.  I wish the DVD didn't cost $42 US Dollars, but oh well.  If more DVD's become available, I'll be interested, but hope the US price comes down.  I guess the free stuff makes it worth it.

I would like a .pdf of the sheet music (TAB) so I can print copies after I write notes and spill coffee on my originals.  Maybe you can email them to purchasers or make a password site available.

Thanks

RH in Phoenix

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 152
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 07:24:50 am »
Thanks dudes.

pdf download of the music is a fine idea. Am looking into it later today!

J
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

shomejunk

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 08:16:57 pm »
HI

Just recieved Blues DVD. The best beginers lesson I have viewed. I started to learn  5 years ago and felt like  the wheels of progress stopped  turing, untile I recieved your DVD. I am retired and have lots of time to practice and really appreciate your  you tub vidioes. My 67 birthday is this comming December and I plan on entertaining the party with your blues songs. Dvd could have more info on finger mutting.
Thanks very much

shomejunk

lupus55

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 10:08:15 am »
Recieved DVD in 10 days to Australia. Have only looked at song #1 as yet, it is well paced and explained. At first my thought was hey $50 Australian, and really it is quite simple... Then it dawned on me that because I found it simple to follow and learn that I was actually getting value for my money.
If it was extremely difficult to follow it wouldn't matter how cheap it was. At the end of the first session I can play the Walkin' Easy Blues and I just need to clean it up by repetition and then I can move on.
For the same money I would have been able to take 2.5 guitar lessons at the local music school. There is no way that if I took that option that at the end of it I would be able to play 3 complete 12 bar arrangements with all the different concepts , Walking Bass, Fingerpicking, Constant Bassline... etc etc..
Thanks for a good product Justin.
Think about including the tab on the DVD though. First thing I did was photocopy it, but I know I will eventually lose it.
Lupus55

Robby

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 11:26:11 am »
:D
HI I just wanted to say thanks for the walking easy blues vid. The tab/music sheets which come with the package are very helpful I have been playing parrot fashion untill now.  So as you will imagine this has been a tremendous learning curve. Cheers !!

Bernard Wong

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 03:47:16 pm »
Justin - thanks for the prompt delivery of the DVD. Had a quick scan and it looks good. I have set myself a target of playing all 3 blues numbers by end of Sept. Slowly! Will feed back soon. Nice to see you in a large clear image rather than the YouTube size.

Bernard

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 152
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2007, 01:04:34 pm »
Cool dudes :)

If any of you loose the paperwork I will send it to you again! no problemo :)

Take care

J

jeremyo13

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2007, 01:45:00 am »
justin, thanks so much for the solo blues guitar dvd.  it arrived quickly and in fine shape. (6 days from payment. i live in pittsburgh pa. usa) i love the selections, especially 'steady thumb blues.'     my girlfriend is a little pissed ive had my hands on my guitar lately and not her, so im gonna go take care of the homefront, but thanks again!       oh yeah, didnt think to check you on myspace.   friend request is on the way.    peace and love,
                                                                                                                                                                                                       jeremy

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 152
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 09:49:46 am »
cheers :)

you take care o ya woman now jezza ;)

Cross-Tie Walker

Re: PLEASE PUT REVIEWS HERE - but not questions...
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2008, 09:54:24 pm »
I think this an AWESOME DVD!!! I've learned more the last month than some years combined.
Thanks for your efforts, time and dedication to this.
BTW, If not here, WHERE do we post questions about a particular song on the DVDs...?

Cross-Tie

Get The Forum As A Mobile App